AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meltzer talking about how he can’t get any info about what’s happening in AEW

well yeah Dave- your favorite big-mouthed EVP’s who leaked you everything are suspended! What did he expect?

Talk about unintentionally reinforcing that narrative lol

As far as the House of Black goes it could have been way better. Very meh booking of them. I think Brody is the best of them anyway and I want him to get a big singles push

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think Malakai having a debilitating chronic injury kind of has to stall out any sustained push to the main event....but he was always kept looking strong despite that. Buddy is essentially a good hand wherever he is, if he is still around thats cool but if he goes it isn't the end of the world. Brody King is money though for sure.

Reactions: CDJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave definitely knows more people in AEW, the screws were just finally put down to stop leaking shit. And yes, we know who had the loosest lips. We know for sure that he’s good with Jericho and Danielson. But they are now the leaders of that locker room, so they can’t be the ones talking to people. The company did a good job using Dave and Bryan Alvarez as an outlet while launching the company (as they should), and they’ve since hired people who are also less amenable to them, like Regal. Tony’s (hopefully) figured out that it ain’t funny anymore and needs to exert control without being overbearing.

Reactions: TD Charlie

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think Malakai having a debilitating chronic injury kind of has to stall out any sustained push to the main event....but he was always kept looking strong despite that. Buddy is essentially a good hand wherever he is, if he is still around thats cool but if he goes it isn't the end of the world. Brody King is money though for sure.
This my take too. I like all 3 guys and thought Black was great in NXT but Brody has the most potential especially considering Black's injury problems. Hopefully Brody gets a big singles push.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ehhh I feel like saying Brody is the best of the bunch is a bit much and sounds a little like cope.

Black is definitely better, but he does lose a lot of potentially if he is permanently hobbled now

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was he ever “a hhh guy?”

Not really. His AEW booking I wouldn't say has elevated him beyond where he was in WWE, but I don't think it has been under it either. Plus he doesn't have a GF/spouse currently in WWE to make it more appealing either.

Folks that HHH booked like megastars and have significant others currently working for WWE actually makes some sense at least in speculating.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Ehhh I feel like saying Brody is the best of the bunch is a bit much and sounds a little like cope.

Black is definitely better, but he does lose a lot of potentially if he is permanently hobbled now
I don’t, he’s got a fascinating look and is a very believable monster. On top of that i think he’s an awesome worker given his size. Reminds me of another Brodie (RIP)

I think Malakai is cool but the booking hasn’t been ideal. I liked his NXT run and I liked his early AEW run. I liked the potential of the House of Black and they’ve had some good matches but again the booking of them has been bleh

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
MJF too scared to fight the best wrestler in the world in his hometown of Philadelphia.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if you come to philly and ain't gonna fight, the fight gonna find you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad