AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Holy hell. I just started watching dynamite. I hate every f***ing thing about this opening sequence. I love Jericho, he's my personal GOAT, and I generally enjoy the JAS. However. Y2J holding the stupid ROH title is such a slap in his face. The only way they can slavage this is if they put ALL OF THE ROH BELTS on the JAS and then actually have a ROH show to take the belts off. Pathetic right now, and I normally don't have much negative to say about AEW.

Edit. Oh .... and let's not forget the stupid f***ing pizza wrestler. I hate it.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
MJF is the best thing in pro wrestling right now. Period. Full stop.

Why in the f*** are they wasting him with Yuta? He needs to be in championship program, immediately.

Reactions: CDJ and canucksfan

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That Paige segment was really bad and bad on a lot of levels.

The match afterward was pretty good though. Deeb needs to be on TV more and she should be winning some matches too

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
What are these twin blotches on Danielson’s back?

image.jpg

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Isn't that the suction thing that a lot of athletes do? Apparently looses up the muscles or something. I think you see it on a lot of swimmers. I don't know the term for it.
Cupping. Seems like new age BS to me. But it's called cupping... basically a hickey. It's dumb. The idea around it a while ago was that it drew out poison and toxins you didn't want in your body. Silly BS made common by Phelps and others.

Reactions: CDJ

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
No apologies. Saraya / Paige is great. The man, Becky Lynch, is the only other women's wrestler that is better.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Cupping. Seems like new age BS to me. But it's called cupping... basically a hickey. It's dumb. The idea around it a while ago was that it drew out poison and toxins you didn't want in your body. Silly BS made common by Phelps and others.
It's most definitely not new age. Cupping has been done for centuries. I don't do it because I'd hate for my back to look that way for several days but all of the people I know that do it swear it's the best feeling in the world.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Holy hell. I just started watching dynamite. I hate every f***ing thing about this opening sequence. I love Jericho, he's my personal GOAT, and I generally enjoy the JAS. However. Y2J holding the stupid ROH title is such a slap in his face. The only way they can slavage this is if they put ALL OF THE ROH BELTS on the JAS and then actually have a ROH show to take the belts off. Pathetic right now, and I normally don't have much negative to say about AEW.

Edit. Oh .... and let's not forget the stupid f***ing pizza wrestler. I hate it.
Just like when Jericho won the aew title, the idea is to bring some big name credibility to the ROH Title. I didn’t care for it at first but hopefully the end result is Danny Garcia submitting Jericho to win the ROH Title at a major ppv.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
It's most definitely not new age. Cupping has been done for centuries. I don't do it because I'd hate for my back to look that way for several days but all of the people I know that do it swear it's the best feeling in the world.
New age was probably the wrong way to define it, you're right. I know it's been a thing, basically, forever now. But it's basically just a hickey. You can't tell me those two bruises on BDs back actually did anything outside of immediate and very temporary relief.

Just like when Jericho won the aew title, the idea is to bring some big name credibility to the ROH Title. I didn’t care for it at first but hopefully the end result is Danny Garcia submitting Jericho to win the ROH Title at a major ppv.
I dig this. But it hinges on TK actually building legitimacy to the ROH belts. I don't see it happening, but if I was booking this the JAS would hold all of the ROH belts to start. Build from there.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Lots of legitimate complaints with AEW right now. However.... my two main complaints: 1) I hate MJF wasting time with Yuta (Yes, I realize it's the in with BCC and Mox... I don't think it's needed though) and 2) kenny omega... I need him back, stat. He was just trying to save a f***ing ugly dog TK.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Isn't that the suction thing that a lot of athletes do? Apparently looses up the muscles or something. I think you see it on a lot of swimmers. I don't know the term for it.

New age was probably the wrong way to define it, you're right. I know it's been a thing, basically, forever now. But it's basically just a hickey. You can't tell me those two bruises on BDs back actually did anything outside of immediate and very temporary relief.

I dig this. But it hinges on TK actually building legitimacy to the ROH belts. I don't see it happening, but if I was booking this the JAS would hold all of the ROH belts to start. Build from there.
Thank yous

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Man - that was funny as hell when Yuta was challenging MJF to a match and his voice cracked making him sound like a teenaged boy just hitting puberty. :laugh:
Right. God bless Yuta for even trying here, kudos. Talk about throwing someone to the wolves.... If we are talking promo duels, Yuta should be fueding with Jungle Boy. Would be a way more even playing ground

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Right. God bless Yuta for even trying here, kudos. Talk about throwing someone to the wolves.... If we are talking promo duels, Yuta should be fueding with Jungle Boy. Would be a way more even playing ground
Yuta may be swimming upstream. His voice is absolutely terrible for this.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
What kind of hickeys are you getting? And can you introduce me to these girls?

• Haha
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I did find it interesting. They gave two great young talent a big opportunity on the mic last night...I felt like Garcia was great and Yuta kind of sunk. He is obviously still has lots of time to figure it out but definitely a lot of work there still.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I did find it interesting. They gave two great young talent a big opportunity on the mic last night...I felt like Garcia was great and Yuta kind of sunk. He is obviously still has lots of time to figure it out but definitely a lot of work there still.
They’re both quite terrible speakers, but considering the circumstance i thought both were fine. Being out there opposite Jericho and mjf has gotta be intimidating, especially since everybody is well aware of who can cut a promo and who is gonna struggle

I thought they both did well enough that it didn’t hurt the segments. Yuta had a ton of lines and was attempting to be the babyface in front of a Philly crowd that was very clearly going to be white hot for mjf. It’s a really difficult segment for anybody.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Other than his voice cracking, I didn't see how Yuta came out worse for that. MJF came out, talked shit, ran away, so Yuta went and found him and beat the shit out of him, and proved that you talk shit on Philly, you gonna f*** around and find out.

Reactions: SnS and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Other than his voice cracking, I didn't see how Yuta came out worse for that. MJF came out, talked shit, ran away, so Yuta went and found him and beat the shit out of him, and proved that you talk shit on Philly, you gonna f*** around and find out.
For sure. Despite the very clear mismatch in promo abilities, and the tough crowd (who wanted so badly to cheer MJF) I thought they did a good job of making Yuta look like a fighter to be feared, and MJF loses nothing.

It was all well thought out and Yuta handled the extra mic work about as good as we could reasonably have expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad