AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Meltzer stumbling over his words trying to imply Page is a bigger draw than Punk

Lol, lmao. Ok Dave. Can’t take his reporting seriously on this topic.
Is anything he said wrong or did he just say things you disagree with? He never said Page was a bigger draw then Punk....he said Hangman has headlined a PPV that did bigger numbers then a show headlined by Punk. That isn't really an opinion it either happened or it didn't. End of the day what Punk draws means f*** all Hangman or anyone else doesn't have to take unsolicited advice from anyone. It is ironic seeing Punk become the old fogie in the back complaining about the younger wrestlers which is exactly what he complained about people doing in WWE!

Last edited:

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Meltzer stumbling over his words trying to imply Page is a bigger draw than Punk

Lol, lmao. Ok Dave. Can’t take his reporting seriously on this topic.
Only reporters I trust are PWinsider. Everyone else has favorites or sensationalizes and makes things up (or are marks to the people that feed them info)

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is anything he said wrong or did he just say things you disagree with? He never said Page was a bigger draw then Punk....he said Hangman has headlined a PPV that did bigger numbers then a show headlined by Punk. That isn't really an opinion it either happened or it didn't. End of the day what Punk draws means f*** all Hangman or anyone else doesn't have to take unsolicited advice from anyone. It is ironic seeing Punk become the old fogie in the back complaining about the younger wrestlers which is exactly what he complained about people doing in WWE!
Do you think people are buying payperviews to watch Adam Page?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Do you think people are buying payperviews to watch Adam Page?
Some people. Not as many as would buy to see Punk. Punk is also going down the other side of the mountain where as Page is still young. I think the general point was that Hangman isn't some green rookie that has no accomplishments to his name. Which is absolutely true. Punk came in thinking everyone needed to lick his boots and when some people said "naw I'm good" he took it personally.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I presume Meltzer is meaning Revolution, which is disingenuous. Punk/MJF was responsible for that buyrate eventhough the title match main evented.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I sure did when he was chasing.
you’re a part of a very niche market. Nothing wrong with that- I think Page is very good and he’s been the victim of bad booking- but hundreds of thousands of ppl (or even a hundred thousand) aren’t dropping PPV $$ to see him. Some people certainly will but the overwhelming majority are buying the PPV for other reasons- whether it be a stacked card top to bottom or other major mainstream draws or major feuds (Danielson, Punk-MJF)

They gotta start booking Danielson better imo

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Meltzer is right about the rest though. CM Punk didn't build that company. The Elite alongside Hangman, Moxley, Jericho and MJF did. They were the guys who were there from day one, or in the case of a guy like Mox staked his reputation on joining such a new company when he could have gone anywhere.

My favorite bit of the summary thread from Reddit;

Dave says Punk had been a divisive figure and rubbing people off the wrong way in the locker room for a long time, telling guys to not do stuff that got them over and successful in the first place, preaching old business philosophies. He adds that some listened whilst others didn't, which made Punk angry.

So Punk basically became everything he hated about WWE.

What a jabroni. I still lean towards Tony bringing him back because of money factor but it sounds like the locker room might force him to do otherwise.

Reactions: Doublechin

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Meltzer is right about the rest though. CM Punk didn't build that company. The Elite alongside Hangman, Moxley, Jericho and MJF did. They were the guys who were there from day one, or in the case of a guy like Mox staked his reputation on joining such a new company when he could have gone anywhere.

My favorite bit of the summary thread from Reddit;

Dave says Punk had been a divisive figure and rubbing people off the wrong way in the locker room for a long time, telling guys to not do stuff that got them over and successful in the first place, preaching old business philosophies. He adds that some listened whilst others didn't, which made Punk angry.

So Punk basically became everything he hated about WWE.

What a jabroni. I still lean towards Tony bringing him back because of money factor but it sounds like the locker room might force him to do otherwise.
Reddit thread link?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dave also says that as a producer it’s Ace Steel’s job to stop the fight?

Ok Dave, what’s the Young Buck’s and Omega’s responsibilities as EVP’s then? Surely to kick in a door to start an altercation lol

He’s such a partisan hack

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Ok Dave, what’s the Young Buck’s and Omega’s responsibilities as EVP’s then? Surely to kick in a door to start an altercation lol

They didn't kick in the door. The punk camp story keeps changing. That's coming from SRS, not Meltzer.

And as a producer, maybe your job isn't to break up fights, but you also shouldn't be biting people.

Theres definitely some Buck propaganda in there (the Hangman drawing power thing) but a lot of that is just Dave confirming what other people have been saying

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

The whole kick the door thing has been pretty widely accepted as not true so I think you can move off that one now. They didn't bust the door down with the head of legal beside them. They just opened a door to a room they weren't welcome in and hyperbole went wild and it leads to one side saying they "busted through the door".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meltzer specifically said it may or may not have happened.

With possible legal ramifications in play here I don’t know if we’ll get the full story for awhile

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Omega and the Bucks, in their roles as EVP, went to talk to one of their employees that just spend 30 minutes disparaging their company and their other employees, as well as themselves. On top of this they brought legal, which in this case is pretty much HR.

Anything that escalated from this is 100% on Punk.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Omega and the Bucks, in their roles as EVP, went to talk to one of their employees that just spend 30 minutes disparaging their company and their other employees, as well as themselves. On top of this they brought legal, which in this case is pretty much HR.

Anything that escalated from this is 100% on Punk.
As an executive, you gotta choose your moment. The one they picked was uber dumb. They acted on emotion.

It is on them on some degree.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
i still say its a work. i might be bias as i thought the mjf promo was and turned out to be one.

this solves 2 issues punk is injured coming out of the ppv. word is he's out atleast till 2023.
the elite matt and nick have been dealing with injuries kenny i think still needs another month to get more ring rust off.

it gives the reset on the belts with out the injury factors being listed. now its just a media circus and any publicity is good publicity

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They didn't kick in the door. The punk camp story keeps changing. That's coming from SRS, not Meltzer.

And as a producer, maybe your job isn't to break up fights, but you also shouldn't be biting people.

Theres definitely some Buck propaganda in there (the Hangman drawing power thing) but a lot of that is just Dave confirming what other people have been saying
Everybody knows they superkicked that door.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Everybody knows they superkicked that door.
No doubt.

The Bucks look at each other with a knowing glint in their eyes. "Super kick partayyyy!" They yell. Both feet making contact with the door at the same time.... exploding in pieces at Punk/steels face. Funny thing was, you couldn't even hear the actual explosion over the deafening sound of the dual thigh slaps. Upon gaining entry to Punks room they pose, confetti and streamers pop, Brandon cutler is there to spray them down.

Now THATS good television.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad