AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
MJF just leaving is weak, but the Mox promo is awesome.
Agreed. And seeing it live made it even better. That is one HELL of a way to reboot things and tell people exactly why titles mean something.

BTW, MJF on social media today was saying he made Josh Allen relevant and help drive his jersey to #1 on the NFL's store. Well, Ozzie Guillen says "Psshh! PLEASE." ANYONE who watches football(whether you're a Bills fan or not)KNOWS Allen is relevant; they don't need a pro wrestler whose primary job is to create heel heat to say it for us. We KNOW. I honestly wished MJF had stayed in the ring and Mox just laid him out; hell, he'd probably get signed by the Sabres on the spot.

lol at i was suppose to be on vacation

Yeah, it will generate a chuckle. But Mox was NOT lying.

Reactions: hockey20000

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Agreed. And seeing it live made it even better. That is one HELL of a way to reboot things and tell people exactly why titles mean something.

BTW, MJF on social media today was saying he made Josh Allen relevant and help drive his jersey to #1 on the NFL's store. Well, Ozzie Guillen says "Psshh! PLEASE." ANYONE who watches football(whether you're a Bills fan or not)KNOWS Allen is relevant; they don't need a pro wrestler whose primary job is to create heel heat to say it for us. We KNOW. I honestly wished MJF had stayed in the ring and Mox just laid him out; hell, he'd probably get signed by the Sabres on the spot.

Yeah, it will generate a chuckle. But Mox was NOT lying.
MJF's just doing his job, no reason to mark out over it.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
MJF's just doing his job, no reason to mark out over it.

I know that and YOU know that. But being from Buffalo, I feel that I HAVE to defend my city's honor. And, as I said, I don't need a wrestler whose job it is to generate heel heat(and VERY well, at that)to tell me one of my city's sports heroes is relevant because they say so.

Last edited:

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I know that and YOU know that. But being from Buffalo, I feel that I HAVE to defend my city's honor. And, as I said, I don't need a wrestler whose job it is to generate heel heat to tell me one of my city's sports heroes is relevant because they say so.
Still seems like you're marking out but whatever I don't care.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Still seems like you're marking out but whatever I don't care.

Far from it. Seeing the promo live, for whatever reason the Buffalo crowd was CHEERING MJF. (Probably due to the jersey.) Somewhere I was thinking: Have they not SEEN an AEW show and seen his antics?

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The majority were cheering MJF because he returned, just as he was cheered at All Out. I'm sure some were cheering because of the jersey but if MJF walked out without the jersey the reaction isn't going to be markedly different, maybe not as big, maybe even probably not as big, but he's still coming out to what would be considered a pop. MJF loves being a heel and was inevitably going to change his tune about the Bills and the city/people of Buffalo. It's what he does. Wearing a jersey creates an excuse/reason why fans are cheering him and creates a better reaction once he becomes the real MJF. It was a predictable and fun segment.

Either MJF saw Allen had the top selling jersey, someone pointed it out to him or maybe he doesn't manage his twitter account and that individual saw Allen had the top selling jersey. Either way he's trying to be a heel so he takes credit. Must feed the ego and all.

Reactions: ckg927

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The majority were cheering MJF because he returned, just as he was cheered at All Out. I'm sure some were cheering because of the jersey but if MJF walked out without the jersey the reaction isn't going to be markedly different, maybe not as big, maybe even probably not as big, but he's still coming out to what would be considered a pop. MJF loves being a heel and was inevitably going to change his tune about the Bills and the city/people of Buffalo. It's what he does. Wearing a jersey creates an excuse/reason why fans are cheering him and creates a better reaction once he becomes the real MJF. It was a predictable and fun segment.

Either MJF saw Allen had the top selling jersey, someone pointed it out to him or maybe he doesn't manage his twitter account and that individual saw Allen had the top selling jersey. Either way he's trying to be a heel so he takes credit. Must feed the ego and all.
He’s probably a Jets fan, and knows all about it. He roped in a bunch of people who thought they were too smart to know better and didn’t.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Are you Josh Allen?

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I know that and YOU know that. But being from Buffalo, I feel that I HAVE to defend my city's honor. And, as I said, I don't need a wrestler whose job it is to generate heel heat(and VERY well, at that)to tell me one of my city's sports heroes is relevant because they say so.
Don't work yourself into a shoot. MJF is playing a character even on social media.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Not a fan of the Elite - they are pretty one dimensional when it comes to in-ring psychology and promo skills. Every match I see is very much the same too many spots and the rules get burried. If you do a superkick every 5 minutes it makes the move seem useless.

Reactions: canucksfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not a fan of the Elite - they are pretty one dimensional when it comes to in-ring psychology and promo skills. Every match I see is very much the same too many spots and the rules get burried. If you do a superkick every 5 minutes it makes the move seem useless.
Because it is useless now…hasn’t been a legitimate finisher in years. Many years

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
On the subject of the Hardly Boys and Punk, sort of funny how one side seems to admire Shawn Michaels and the other side seems to be in the Bret Hart camp. I am guessing their backstage demeanor mimics that as well

Reactions: End of Line

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
MJF is the single greatest talent in the industry and would you look at that, I tuned back into dynamite with him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad