Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm a Krejci guy obviously but I'm hesitant to put him with Pasta. Both like to handle the puck and I dont see tons of chemistry by the two. Pasta with Spooner all day

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
WE GIVE AWAY DRAFT PICKS I HAVE BEEN SAYING IT ALL DAY LONG..WE JUST GIVE THEM AWAY!!!

AM I SCREAMING LOUD ENOUGH FOR CHARLIE TO HEAR...

Like is this really gonna help us make the playoffs?? Like really?? But I guess with the bruins draft record Connolly will score more goals than the 2 busts they would draft....

This organization sucks!!

This organization does suck.

I mean ya they won the cup in 2011
Finals in 2013
President cup in 2014
8 straight playoff appearance
Multiple Olympians
All stars
Norris winner
Selke winner
Vezina winner

God I hate this organization. What are they going to try to do next win back to back cups??

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Did they have to wait until the deadline to do this trade? Seams like a trade that could've been made during the year. Hard to believe Tampa bay gave up on him. Not sure about this move. I will say, it was out of the blue. Also, why keep it a secret. Is this the top secret move?

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
This organization does suck.

I mean ya they won the cup in 2011
Finals in 2013
President cup in 2014
8 straight playoff appearance
Multiple Olympians
All stars
Norris winner
Selke winner
Vezina winner

God I hate this organization. What are they going to try to do next win back to back cups??

:sarcasm:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well maybe Chia will pull off a miracle. He has 3 UFA's that he needs to move and two he needs to decide on.
If Eric Cole can get a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick then:

Paille for a 2nd rd pick
Campbell for a 2nd rd pick
Caron for a 3rd rd pick.
Sign or trade Soderberg. He should be able to get a 1st and a 2nd rd pick.
McQuaid extended or for a 2nd rd pick.

FinnBruin

Aug 6, 2014
Germany
Did they have to wait until the deadline to do this trade? Seams like a trade that could've been made during the year. Hard to believe Tampa bay gave up on him. Not sure about this move. I will say, it was out of the blue. Also, why keep it a secret. Is this the top secret move?

Tampa probably didn't want to make it official before the Coburn trace was official as well

They most likely wanted those 2nd rounders (in particular the one this year) since they were giving up this years first and third in that Coburn deal

Makes sense since Eklund was the one calling this and Philadelphia is the one team he actually knows a little something about

Also just look at Tampa's forward corps, it's ridiculous... So many young studs in there. Just not enough space for every good young prospect to get playing time. This could very well be a good deal for both sides, definitely is for Tampa since they had no space for Connolly anyways but he could still very well turn out to be a legit 25-30 goal scorer for the Bruins.

Expecting a bigger deal to come as well, why would they put Krejci on LTIR to add a guy with what a 850k? cap hit

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
No they shouldn't. Gudas is absolutely terrible.
Wrong. Tampa fans are pissed. He's quite good, a lot like kasparaitis used to be. Would be a great guy to have play in the right pairing. Couldn't count on him to be a top pairing guy, but bottom pairing he is above average and could possibly slot into the top 4.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
This place is so predictable.

I like the move. Has upside plus he's an RFA.
It's a good move for sure. For the price, a much better option than some of these old ufa guys. Good move I think chiarelli. Something you can't get mad at him for anyways. He made a move for a 6th overall pick who can skate and shoot, cheap cap hit, cost controlled. Much much better than I expected. Now move smith for kassian. Khoko, other 2nd for petry.

Lucic Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Kassian
Eriksson Soderberg Connolly
Kelly Campbell Paille

Chara Petry
Seidenberg Hamilton
Krug Mcquaid

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It's a good move for sure. For the price, a much better option than some of these old ufa guys. Good move I think chiarelli. Something you can't get mad at him for anyways. He made a move for a 6th overall pick who can skate and shoot, cheap cap hit, cost controlled. Much much better than I expected. Now move smith for kassian. Khoko, other 2nd for petry.

Lucic Krejci Pastrnak
Marchand Bergeron Kassian
Eriksson Soderberg Connolly
Kelly Campbell Paille

Chara Petry
Seidenberg Hamilton
Krug Mcquaid

There's definitely more to come.

rbbruins

Aug 2, 2005
I'm anxious to see what's next, because I think that there's at least one/two more moves in play. Putting Cunningham on waivers wasn't so Connolly could skate on the 4th line.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
I don't want to see us trading for rentals like Petry and Green at all. This just isn't that type of year for the Bruins if you ask me. If we buy, it should be a similar type of buy as Connolly: controllable young D who is more for the future than this year, but sees significant time on this years team. No clue who is available (or even potentially available since Connolly isn't a name that was floating around a lot) that would fit that description, but I'd rather do nothing on D than cough up anything of value for a rental when we are an 8th seed.

David Krejci*

Wrong. Tampa fans are pissed. He's quite good, a lot like kasparaitis used to be. Would be a great guy to have play in the right pairing. Couldn't count on him to be a top pairing guy, but bottom pairing he is above average and could possibly slot into the top 4.

Tampa fans are idiots so I don't care what they think. He sticks out in my mind as a very, very bad player. Did you watch him in the playoffs last year? Beyond brutal. Like, Komisarek bad.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
i like the connolly move, even if it doesn't work out. TB got hosed on the Coburn deal, though. I like Coburn, but a first, third, and Gudas? Too much

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Don't mind the Connelly move. IMO it's better than paying the seconds for an aging rental.

Would still very much like to see them get a Dman though.

Not sure who is available that we can target-would rather role with what we have than acquire another third pairing Dman. We have a plethora of those and Bart is about the only one who can handle the extra minutes of a second pair but still makes bone headed moves (although not so bad since his return).

Who is still available for D?

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Love to see a bold move now

ERIKSSON and SODERBERG to the ducks for Jiri SEKAC (this kid is already on the verge of top six and I would love to add him, the bonus being to watch what he does against the Habs in playoffs), one of Emerson ETEM or Jakub SILFVERBERG and Nick RITCHIE. SODERBERG will be gone after this season so we might as well leverage his value and although ERIKSSON has been a solid, he’s not having the impact expected. We gain over 3 million is space to boot and we’re all of a sudden out of cap hell. If the ducks need to shed cap to get this deal done, expand it. Bruins add Seth GRIFFITH and a third rounder, Ducks add Matt BELESKY, BELESKY’s a UFA rental so we still clear significant space for next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad