Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Wow,we waited all ****ing day and gave two seconds for Connoly? Are you ****ing kidding me? Fire the ******* right this ****ing minute.

CHARLIE!!!

FIRE THIS ****ER HE'S LOST IT

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Minnesota only gave up a 3rd rounder and a guy who was not gonna re sign for him.

So It was like Paille and a 3rd rounder for NINO.. I could swallow that easily.

Boston overpaid!!

Different times, different situation .. leverage

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I don't hate Connolly, I hate what we gave up for him.

A pick this year and a pick next year, both in the top 60.

For a 22 year old with upside, it's not a terrible gamble.

Right now most of the deals have been similar or higher picks for rentals.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I would love to see tomorrow...................

Chara for a 1st

Soderberg for a 1st

Eriksson for a 1st

Smith Campbell for a 2nd

Seidenberg for a 2nd

Paille Mcquaid for a 2nd

Make it happen CHIA!!! SELL SELL SELL

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
A pick this year and a pick next year, both in the top 60.

For a 22 year old with upside, it's not a terrible gamble.

Right now most of the deals have been similar or higher picks for rentals.

And when the season is over, they will shift more pieces, probably larger ones and get back picks in higher placements and possibly rounds.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Like i said, my problem isn't with Connolly persay. My problem comes in the fact that Connolly isn't really enough to help us now, which means Chia will likely do something worse to save his own hide.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
50g, 12 goals, not sure his linemates etc. Connolly

62g, 12 goals Smith playing with some solid talent

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I deleted a few posts but no warnings issued

There are many Bruins fans in Montreal going back to the 1970's when more Bruins games were seen on Montreal cable than Habs or Nords games.

A tiny UHF station in Burlington, Vermont picked up every game that WSBK-TV38 in Boston aired.

Back then Montreal televised NO road games (except Toronto) until the playoffs started. The Bruins were on 2/3 times a week on Channel 22.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
50g, 12 goals, not sure his linemates etc. Connolly

62g, 12 goals Smith playing with some solid talent

lol let the cherry-picking begin. Smith has 20 more points than Connolly. But hey, whatever makes us feel better about a trade.

I can tell I'm going to have fits trying to shut down everyone who is now turning Smith into the whipping boy despite being 3rd on the team in scoring.

NeelySpinninBackhand

Feb 10, 2015
The Moon
I deleted a few posts but no warnings issued

There are many Bruins fans in Montreal going back to the 1970's when more Bruins games were seen on Montreal cable than Habs or Nords games.

A tiny UHF station in Burlington, Vermont picked up every game that WSBK-TV38 in Boston aired.

Back then Montreal televised NO road games (except Toronto) until the playoffs started. The Bruins were on 2/3 times a week on Channel 22.

Gotta say, more interesting than the trade.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
lol let the cherry-picking begin. Smith has 20 more points than Connolly. But hey, whatever makes us feel better about a trade.

I can tell I'm going to have fits trying to shut down everyone who is now turning Smith into the whipping boy despite being 3rd on the team in scoring.

Not so much a whipping boy. As people have pointed out, he may fit in perfectly on the LW third line with Soderberg and Eriksson.

For me this is a risk move on a ELC/RFA former top pick in the draft that has all the tools. Instead of trading a 2nd and a prospect for the rental Stewart who has less goals this year than Connolly Chiarelli swapped out the prospect and made it a 2nd next year to get a fast, big winger with a great shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad