Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Ok, so it seems the direction is for the future. Not a bad pickup IF chia sells some vets while the prices are high. If Connolly is his grand scheme only though then i will be disappointed

TootSweet

Sep 22, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I still think we can get another player. Like this deal. Some youth, some term, some upside. Would much rather give up those picks for a player who is staying here beyond 20 games than for. Rental. I still hope PC picks up something else. Overall all though im not discouraged by this trade.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Connolly, Pastrnak, Eriksson, Smith, Ferlin

Seems like something else should be going down today.
Or we could just be moving Smith or Eriksson to LW, more likely. Something like...

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
R.Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Paille-Kelly-Ferlin
Campbell

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Can't explain why, but my gut is Chia now packages Soderberg+Seidenberg to a western playoff team. Anaheim perhaps. Some sort of contract has to come back. I could be out to lunch, and it could be just Soderberg. It could also be that I'm way overestimating the $ it takes to resign him, and he's staying here for a cap hit we're all pleased with.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Connolly, Pastrnak, Eriksson, Smith, Ferlin

Seems like something else should be going down today.

Lucic - Spooner/Krejci - Pasta
Marchand - Bergeron - Eriksson
Smith - Soderberg - Connolly
Paille - Kelly - Campbell/Caron

They have to figure out the line combinations in practice to see who has chemistry together, but I think sending Ferlin down to Providence solves any logjam they might have. Next move should be for a 2nd pairing defenseman to play with Seidenberg, preferably on the right side so Seids can stay on the left.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If we get a dman I like our lineup a lot more.

I really like this trade because its good now and for the future... rental adds are not for us. I wonder if he has his eyes on a younger defenseman. I don't mind us giving assets for people who help us down the road.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Exactly. He's a 850k player. This trade makes me more excited about a big fish (relatively) of some kind.

We'll find out about that one at 3:10 p.m.

Brutal, just brutal, the laughing stock of the league, it's embarrassing.

Right now they are laughing at us. We got another rfa who needs to be re-signed.
But I'll take him over ryder/havlat/vole, but that price was heavy.

BUT THIS CAN'T BE THE ONLY MOVE RIGHT?

I think this means smith is out and we are going to use him to get a D player back?
We gave up our 2 2nd's for him so how are we going to get Petry,
we need D badly, badly, badly, please chia do something.

And krecji on the ltir has to mean that we are doing something bigger,
was this the trade that happened earlier, we had to wait that tampa got his deal in place?

Last edited:

Beardsman

Feb 22, 2015
Unexpected move tbh. I don't hate it. Pretty good move tbh.

Brett Connolly is big, strong and fast.

People complaining about his numbers this season needs to keep in mind he has guys like Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Drouin, Callahan, Filppula infront of him.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Once again posters act like its The Prom and your most wished for date just blew you off...

This seems like a decent move. He's young, small cap hit and can grow with the team.

"Brett Connolly will not save this team"

Malkin isnt walkin through that door, kid. :)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Unexpected move tbh. I don't hate it. Pretty good move tbh.

Brett Connolly is big, strong and fast.

People complaining about his numbers this season needs to keep in mind he has guys like Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Drouin, Callahan, Filppula infront of him.

He's not strong yet, he needs more weight, (181)

For me this can be a good trade IF we make another move, Petry or something like that,
But this does make the question is smith out?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
nhl network showing sportsnet instead of tsn is a real kick in the balls

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Anyone have a good trade app for windows with alerts and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad