Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors VIII: Over the Holiday Freeze

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Physicality. It's a gigantic red flag when a guy his size plays like a complete pansy.

Just like the red flags with Seguin?

He's 21 years old and 141 games into his NHL career. Not even finished his entry level contract. Not letting young elite talent physically and mentally develop is part of the reason why this organization is where they are.

Besides, he's going to finish with 120ish hits, 40-50 points, and 22+ minutes a night in every situation. At 21 ****ing years old. Is this really the player we should be putting under a microscope? Really????

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Dougie is in his second year.

SECOND YEAR.
second-year.

Really don't know how many times I can say it (nicely). He's 21 years old. If you don't think he's going to be a good one, I don't know what to tell you.

Second year ? Can you let us know at what age does he play with BALLS ? Sick of watching him get pushed around by guys 10 inches shorter than him along with losing board battles and making horrific decisions that end up in our net.

As I said he is great in the offensive zone but that's about it. Sorry, In my opinion his ceiling is not as high as you think. He makes Bart look like a Norris candidate

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Dump,McQuaid, Paille , Kelly and Soup for draft picks...blow it up in the summer.

Flute has a good article today regarding Lucic. My gut has been to sell now and get assets because we either won't sign him to the term and money he wants or if we do we will regret it.

If Van offered up some type of package like Kassian, Virtanen and a 1st would you consider it? I would.

As far as the others listed above...agree. Get picks, get cap space and move on.

oreillyisgod

Unregistered User
Jun 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Chiarelli has evaluated, and the big move is:

@MarkDivver: Jordan Caron recalled from Providence by #Bruins this morning, according to AHL transactions.

get the duck boats ready

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Flute has a good article today regarding Lucic. My gut has been to sell now and get assets because we either won't sign him to the term and money he wants or if we do we will regret it.

If Van offered up some type of package like Kassian, Virtanen and a 1st would you consider it? I would.

As far as the others listed above...agree. Get picks, get cap space and move on.

Count me in on moving Lucic at this point especially if we can get a package like that.

I'd rather keep Smith and Soderberg over him.

I'd also look into trading Torey Krug. He is disasterous in his own end and it seems like the only person he plays well with is McQuaid.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Caron just got recalled this morning. Everything is going to be OK!!

He can't be any less effective than anyone else, why not bring up the farm. I want to see J Knight get a chance. lets start the smell test process on who's in the future and who's not.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Second year ? Can you let us know at what age does he play with BALLS ? Sick of watching him get pushed around by guys 10 inches shorter than him along with losing board battles and making horrific decisions that end up in our net.

As I said he is great in the offensive zone but that's about it. Sorry, In my opinion his ceiling is not as high as you think. He makes Bart look like a Norris candidate

I'm just going to drop it, because by reading this I don't even know what to say to you.

I raise my white flag.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Those kinds of players could get a haul in picks from teams looking to add veteran grit for a playoff run.

I keep Paille and Kelly for the rest of the season and see if I can move Campbell and McQuaid at the deadline.

One issue with this team is leadership and moving Kelly without having others stepping up to fill the holes left by Boychuk/Thornton/Ference could crumble this team. Depending on the market and whether the cap goes up, you look to move him this summer.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I'm just going to drop it, because by reading this I don't even know what to say to you.

I raise my white flag.

You could just say you have your opinion and I have mine. Sorry just not seeing it and I would move him in a heart beat.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I keep Paille and Kelly for the rest of the season and see if I can move Campbell and McQuaid at the deadline.

One issue with this team is leadership and moving Kelly without having others stepping up to fill the holes left by Boychuk/Thornton/Ference could crumble this team. Depending on the market and whether the cap goes up, you look to move him this summer.

Good god.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Does anyone actually expect Chia to make a move? Cause I don't.

Like I said a few pages ago, there is a disconnect between the FO, Chia and Clode. They all can't seem to get on the same page. I don't see how acquiring anyone could help at this point. Its been like this for awhile and all three of them are to blame.

And while we sit here putting certain players on the block. I think, collectively as a whole. This team sucks. There are bright spots at times. But each player has looked awful and not themselves. And yes, that means Bergy too.

Until the FO, Chia and Clode get on the same page, this team is in deep doo doo. Cause I don't see it happening any time soon.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Does anyone actually expect Chia to make a move? Cause I don't.

Like I said a few pages ago, there is a disconnect between the FO, Chia and Clode. They all can't seem to get on the same page. I don't see how acquiring anyone could help at this point. Its been like this for awhile and all three of them are to blame.

And while we sit here putting certain players on the block. I think, collectively as a whole. This team sucks. There are bright spots at times. But each player has looked awful and not themselves. And yes, that means Bergy too.

Until the FO, Chia and Clode get on the same page, this team is in deep doo doo. Cause I don't see it happening any time soon.

[Veteran 8th defenseman] for [Prospect they won't sign]

#depth #lockerroomguy #advantagechiarelli

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
[Veteran 8th defenseman] for [Prospect they won't sign]

#depth #lockerroomguy #advantagechiarelli

I can picture his press conference now.

"We tried real hard. We thought we had a deal but it fell through. I think (insert players name here) will help us moving forward. I feel real good about this club, etc"

Last edited:

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002

Sorry but no.

Find a taker for Kelly as soon as possible. Good guy, good Bruin but contracts like his are killing us.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Chris Stewart scored again yesterday. After going 20+ games without a goal he seems to have got his scoring touch back.

You know what would have been nice after the Lucic fight yesterday, Stewart fighting the very next shift.

Is Stewart the answer? I am not sure, but show me another power forward that can play in the top 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad