Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors VIII: Over the Holiday Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think they moved Boychuk because he simply wasn't in their plans. Rather than let him walk at the end of the season or risk him getting hurt before the deadline, they moved him at the start of the season and forced Snow to pay a pretty penny in a deep draft.

You're right about Kelly but I think it's a combination of he's got value to the team but the market for a guy like him hasn't materialized.

Meh. 1st, I don't think 2 2nd rounders is a pretty penny. Plus, only 1 of those is in this draft. And #3 I don't think this draft is really all that deep. The top 2 are fantastic- like having Crosby and Modano in the same draft, but other than that I don't think the rest of the top 10 is as good as the 2013 draft, and I give the 2013 draft the edge from 20-45.

Besides that, if I take your reasoning (they were afraid that Boychuk might get hurt and be unmovable at the deadline) then the B's knew in September that they weren't going to be making the playoffs and would be sellers.

The B's, we thought, were in the "ride Boychuk and Soderberg and go for it' mode and not the "let's worry about dumping our UFA to be's at the deadline". I get that's where we are now, but I don't think anyone here (or the front office) was predicting that back in the offseason.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Soderberg wont get anywhere near 5 mil and you wont get a prospect capable of replacing his game if you deal him.

Anywhere near? Like he'll get 2 million? Pouliot got 4 after a 36 point season as a winger. Soderberg is a center (more valuable) and could end up with 50-55 points this year. I'd say as a 29 year old who might see his abilities fall apart after 3-5 more years, there will be a team dumb enough to go at least 4.5 which is pretty close to near to 5.

"But Edmonton is stupid and everyone knows pouliout is overpaid."

Yup there are stupid teams everywhere.

Chicago might give mark McNeill for him. Up and coming power center former 1st round pick. 2nd level under teravainen but in 3-5 years he could be better than soderberg, who knows

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I hope Chiarelli is actively seeing if there is a team out there that doesn't know that Seidenberg is now trash o he can unload the 4M albatross. 3 more years. :amazed:

So he can ask seidenberg if he wants to be traded and seidenberg can say no?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
krug should be one of the first pieces he looks to move. upcoming rfa and he's basically marc andre bergeron with grit.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I am all for, among other things, getting rid of Paille, Campbell and Kelly, but we have to temper expectations on what they can bring back. And, to be honest, I don't care. I don't think that Paille and Campbell with garner more than a 5th round pick each, which is fine by me. As for Kelly, there are only six (or is it eight) teams to which he can be traded: those that are geographically close to Ottawa. Moreover, in order for one of those teams to take him and his ugly contract, Boston will have to include a decent prospect or draft pick.

A fourth line of Florek-Cunningham-Knight would be great to see and surely not any worse than what we've had this year.

(I am assuming that Gagné is done with this team.)

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bergeron is not practicing for precautionary reasons, why is Lucic not practicing though?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m 1 minute ago

Nsh places D.Roy & Bos places M.Fraser on Waivers.

acr*

Caron is about to be the new 1st line RW. Bet money on it. They are just putting the biggest body they reasonably can on the right side, saying a hail Mary, and closing their eyes.

That or there is a trade today. After that loss, there has to be a response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m 1 minute ago

Nsh places D.Roy & Bos places M.Fraser on Waivers.

Key piece in the Seguin trade. I'm glad Bruins "evaluated" Fraser for months and months, like they're doing now, before pulling the trigger on that one.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Caron is about to be the new 1st line RW. Bet money on it. They are just putting the biggest body they reasonably can on the right side, saying a hail, Mary, and closing their eyes.

That or there is a trade today. After that loss, there has to be a response.

If there is a trade coming, it would be someone that Caron arguably replaces on the roster.

So, we're trading the stick boy to a Western Conf team for prospects?

acr*

I will bet the Bruins make a trade in the next 24hrs. If not 2 moves. And i don't mean Caron for a7th.

I think something is coming too. Chia is feeling the pressure now, the playoffs are in true jeopardy. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, he is done imo. I think Clode is safe given the clear lack of an NHL roster.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Key piece in the Seguin trade. I'm glad Bruins "evaluated" Fraser for months and months, like they're doing now, before pulling the trigger on that one.

He wasn't the key piece at the time or obviously now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad