Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I like it. Still think we need a little more jam. I think there is a good chance we play Washington and hopefully a rematch with St, Louis
Can you imagine playing St. Louis again in the Stanley Cup? That would be amazing!

Does anyone know if that has ever happened in the history of the NHL in back-to-back seasons? Two teams rematching in the Stanley Cup. The odds must be almost impossible.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
pageau would be probably plan G for me, as if every other plan didn't work,
i'd reluctantly get him. according to sens fans who see him every night, he's
hardly ever played the wing, and excels as a 3C. since coyle is a similar animal,
it doesn't make too much sense to go there. he does have bruin qualities as a
player, but i'd call this unlikely.

You’re most likely right but I know center depth is huge Bruins love having depth at center.

Reactions: Strafer

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Kreider. I think he’s the fish they need.

If they go for Toffoli, I’d like to see Clifford coming too.

I like Kreider too, but I think it' going to be hard to get him. And that's the reason I asked if you had a list. I would like to see a big body presence on the 2nd line but outside Kreider, I don't see a lot of options.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I like Kreider too, but I think it' going to be hard to get him. And that's the reason I asked if you had a list. I would like to see a big body presence on the 2nd line but outside Kreider, I don't see a lot of options.
There probably aren’t a ton of options, but there are some. There’s a huge size issue with this team, especially the forwards that absolutely need to be addressed for a long playoff run. I would rather they slightly over spend to get said piece.

There aren’t too many years left with Rask, Chara, Krejci, Bergeron and Marchand. I think this team needs to go all in. I don’t want to see them go out and grab a broken down forward, or a 15 goal scorer. I’d rather them make a huge splash and get a guy that will put you over the top. Kreider imo, is exactly that guy. Fast, big, can score, plays with an edge. It’s legitimately a perfect fit.

If you can get Kreider and then grab a 3rd line/4th line physical guy who can drop the gloves and take the pressure off the Bruins stars, grab him too. The last thing we need is Krug, Marchand or someone busting a hand in a fight they shouldn’t be in.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I’d probably run naked down the street if they acquired a guy under 30 years old, over 6’2’’ foot and 200 pounds. Also, I’d snow angel in the middle of the street if they actually were capable of tossing a hit.

This team right now is TINY, and will be absolutely dusted up against the more physical teams. Christ sake, Tom Wilson would probably clean out 3 of our top 9 forwards and 2 of our top 6 d-men by game 3.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Can you imagine playing St. Louis again in the Stanley Cup? That would be amazing!

Does anyone know if that has ever happened in the history of the NHL in back-to-back seasons? Two teams rematching in the Stanley Cup. The odds must be almost impossible.
Boston and Montreal 77 and 78. Frequently in the original 6. Edmonton v Islanders 83/84 right off the top of my head

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
There probably aren’t a ton of options, but there are some.

I think Kreider is really the only one. Palmieri is gritty and tenacious but he doesn’t have the size to shield the puck and play keep away the way Coyle and Kreider can. Toffoli is the same size as Palmieri but not as gritty. Saad has the size to go shoulder to shoulder but he’s not a very physical player or active hitter. He is good at stealing pucks though, and can work that keep away game down low. Anderson can do it all but I think he’s got a bad hand, and I doubt they’d trade him (especially not for futures).

I think they’re going to have to settle for a good player who’s gritty, like Palmieri and then maybe add some toughness as a 12/13th forward. Or if Miller is t coming back, a 6/7 D.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

if you can somehow get josh anderson (maybe a 1st and vaakanainen and heinen sort of "overpay"),
that's the whale. of course we have no idea how healthy he'll be with the shoulder and hand issues, but he's
one guy i'd be after 24/7 until jarmo had a seizure from all the phone calls.

i assume it'd take something involving debrusk.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
There probably aren’t a ton of options, but there are some. There’s a huge size issue with this team, especially the forwards that absolutely need to be addressed for a long playoff run. I would rather they slightly over spend to get said piece.

There aren’t too many years left with Rask, Chara, Krejci, Bergeron and Marchand. I think this team needs to go all in. I don’t want to see them go out and grab a broken down forward, or a 15 goal scorer. I’d rather them make a huge splash and get a guy that will put you over the top. Kreider imo, is exactly that guy. Fast, big, can score, plays with an edge. It’s legitimately a perfect fit.

If you can get Kreider and then grab a 3rd line/4th line physical guy who can drop the gloves and take the pressure off the Bruins stars, grab him too. The last thing we need is Krug, Marchand or someone busting a hand in a fight they shouldn’t be in.

Depends on the price.No way you can sell out your future and be a bottom feeder like Oilers were for so long.Especially when said player is a rental.They need help for sure in top 6 but price needs to be right.Kreider and Clifton would be sweet I admit.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I wasn’t intending it as a reliable source. Sorry. I saw someone speculating this the other day and then this site took that and slapped the “for a 2nd” on it. Thought it was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad