Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I’d probably run naked down the street if they acquired a guy under 30 years old, over 6’2’’ foot and 200 pounds. Also, I’d snow angel in the middle of the street if they actually were capable of tossing a hit.

This team right now is TINY, and will be absolutely dusted up against the more physical teams. Christ sake, Tom Wilson would probably clean out 3 of our top 9 forwards and 2 of our top 6 d-men by game 3.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I’d probably run naked down the street if they acquired a guy under 30 years old, over 6’2’’ foot and 200 pounds. Also, I’d snow angel in the middle of the street if they actually were capable of tossing a hit.

This team right now is TINY, and will be absolutely dusted up against the more physical teams. Christ sake, Tom Wilson would probably clean out 3 of our top 9 forwards and 2 of our top 6 d-men by game 3.

So...Brett Ritchie?

Get running cowboy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
The thing about Vaak is that he can’t be picked in expansion. That’s not a small thing for a team likely to lose a defender.

Not untouchable, but should be a consideration.
That is true, but so will our pick this year's draft, if I had not other option and had to choose one, I would deal Vaak and keep the first rounder.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

I think I speak for everybody here when I say that if this happens we will take your word that you fulfilled this promise. You do not need to post any pictures or video. :laugh:

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What would it take to get Pageau?

Senyshyn (the Ottawa citizen) and 2nd or Zboril?

The only time to give up a first plus should be for Palimieri as he has some term.

I'm liking the idea of Pageau and/or Palimieri. My guess the bruins do as well knowing center depth is key to any team's success and Pageau brings it every game.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

Who do you want to see them acquire? What does your “list” of potential solutions look like?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Lauzon looks to me has solidified his place in the top 6 . I cant see donny showcasing him. He's just too good. Donny gets props from me in making our D the best in the nhl. Carlo McAvoy grez now lauzon with vak knocking on the door. Who do trade? It's hard to choose they all so good. Thumbs up mr don.

Reactions: Strafer

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I think I speak for everybody here when I say that if this happens we will take your word that you fulfilled this promise. You do not need to post any pictures or video. :laugh:
Yes he does!

Or at least let us know what news cast to watch.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Lauzon looks to me has solidified his place in the top 6 . I cant see donny showcasing him. He's just too good. Donny gets props from me in making our D the best in the nhl. Carlo McAvoy grez now lauzon with vak knocking on the door. Who do trade? It's hard to choose they all so good. Thumbs up mr don.
Let's get real here. Our D is not the best in the NHL and probably not even in the top 5. I like our D but it's time for Chara to hang them up, Griz and Krug at their size will not get thru the POs, and McAvoy has been underwelming to say the least. Only Carlo , Clifton, Campfer, and the rookies to me have earned their paycheck. To say we have the best D in the league tells me you either do not watch how inept they are in their own zone or you wear extremely Rosey Colored Glasses. The D are not the only ones to blame as they get little help from the forwards in the D zone.

Lo97

May 10, 2019
I think I would fire Sweeney if he valued a first round pick more than winning this year. I understand it’s a deep draft but I look at draft picks like pulls on a slot machine, you might get Jake DeBrusk, but you might also get Senyshyn or Zboril. (I know the book isn’t closed on those two prospects but would anyone consider them off-limits in a deal for Palmieri?)

The object of the game is to win the cup and having a team that is good enough to compete for first overall is rare. They have to make the most of those opportunities when they come around.
Not to derail your point, but it's Sweeney's fault he ended up with Senyshyn and Zboril. There were more surefire options available and we wouldn't be making this point. Given his draft history in the 1st round I'd trade the pick in a heartbeat.

Reactions: maxl7

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Yes and No.

(Yes)I'd like to see him make some moves on d-day/off season to shore up the bruins instead of waiting till the last possible minute.

(No) At least he's being active and trying to improve the team at the deadline, and last year he did great, and he really hasn't given up any young player of significance.(yet)
What about Ryan Lindgren? The 1st he gave up became K'Andre Miller who is a very good player as well.

Reactions: Estlin

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don’t see Sweeney trading that pick unless it’s for a big guy with term and is part of a really game changer. Does Kreider qualify?

Reactions: bbfan419

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013

The only time to give up a first plus should be for Palimieri as he has some term.

I'm liking the idea of Pageau and/or Palimieri. My guess the bruins do as well knowing center depth is key to any team's success and Pageau brings it every game.

Please believe me that I am not singling you out, I've seen the notion expressed many times. But I wonder if there is any overlap between the posters that want to send Senyshyn back to Ottawa and the posters that gripe when too many players from New England are brought on board.

That being said, I'd prefer dealing from the D depth rather than forwards.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
What about Ryan Lindgren? The 1st he gave up became K'Andre Miller who is a very good player as well.

Ryan Lindgren and K'Andre Miler are not players of significance from the Bruins' perspective (also the Rangers ended up trading up from the Bruins' pick to get Miller. Ottawa had the B's pick and selected Jacob Bernard-Docker)

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So...Brett Ritchie?

Get running cowboy.

strictly 4th line but watching Will Carrier the other night, has some speed, showed some decent not great hands on a few plays and was able to close on the B`s D quickly to force plays and laid a few nice hits. Our 4th line needs to be addressed, might not be priority #1 but they have been almost irrelevant the majority of games this year, I know Reaves is the guy most look at but I noticed him not once last game whereas Carrier did some things I like

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Please believe me that I am not singling you out, I've seen the notion expressed many times. But I wonder if there is any overlap between the posters that want to send Senyshyn back to Ottawa and the posters that gripe when too many players from New England are brought on board.

That being said, I'd prefer dealing from the D depth rather than forwards.

Strange I don’t see much of the gripes you speak of.

Last edited:

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
Krieder is gonna cost a first rounder minimum, but packaging the backes contract with a 1st and retaining some salary might be our best bet. then take that salary cap savings and turn it into a defensemen and that would be a good deadline day.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Let's get real here. Our D is not the best in the NHL and probably not even in the top 5. I like our D but it's time for Chara to hang them up, Griz and Krug at their size will not get thru the POs, and McAvoy has been underwelming to say the least. Only Carlo , Clifton, Campfer, and the rookies to me have earned their paycheck. To say we have the best D in the league tells me you either do not watch how inept they are in their own zone or you wear extremely Rosey Colored Glasses. The D are not the only ones to blame as they get little help from the forwards in the D zone.

And yet somehow the Bruins are 2nd in the league in average shot distance allowed and 2nd in expected goals allowed. I wonder who needs their glasses checked.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

pageau would be probably plan G for me, as if every other plan didn't work,
i'd reluctantly get him. according to sens fans who see him every night, he's
hardly ever played the wing, and excels as a 3C. since coyle is a similar animal,
it doesn't make too much sense to go there. he does have bruin qualities as a
player, but i'd call this unlikely.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Kreider is not much of an upgrade for us on the left side. He would be arguably our 3rd best leftwinger (still prefer DeBrusk) can we please start talking about moving the assets it would require to get Kreider here for our most organizational need (a RW). Go ask Nashville, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim, LA who they would give us for the package everyone is jumping to give up for freaking Chris Kreider.

Reactions: bbfan419

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kreider is not much of an upgrade for us on the left side. He would be arguably our 3rd best leftwinger (still prefer DeBrusk) can we please start talking about moving the assets it would require to get Kreider here for our most organizational need (a RW). Go ask Nashville, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim, LA who they would give us for the package everyone is jumping to give up for freaking Chris Kreider.
You can't be serious; third best? Kreider has size none of our LWs has at 6"3 220. And he uses it!! He would also be one of the fastest skaters on the team. He hits and
goes to the net. Oh, and btw, check out his NHL production stats.

I like DeBrusk, too, but no way is he in Chris' class.

Reactions: Lo97 and Mpasta

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
You can't be serious; third best? Kreider has size none of our LWs has at 6"3 220. And he uses it!! He would also be one of the fastest skaters on the team. He hits and
goes to the net. Oh, and btw, check out his NHL production stats.

I like DeBrusk, too, but no way is he in Chris' class.
Comparing them it is actually fairly close. Especially if you look at the first 3 seasons of both Debrusk has been the better player. Kreider's best season he put up 53 points.

Reactions: veganbruin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad