Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think he missed an important one: Brandon Saad.

PLAN A: Kreider, Palmieri
PLAN B: Saad, Toffoli
PLAN C: Pageau (good player, but not ideal because it forces JGP or Coyle to play RW).
PLAN D: Kovalchuk, Simmonds, Hail Mary's at St Michael's in North Andover.
The more time moves on, the more I want Toffoli. I think he's a guy who can use a change of scenery - he's been on a really bad team for 2 years now, and surpirse surprise, the last time he hit 20 goals was the last time the Kings made the playoffs. He's having a solid year so far, looks like a lock for 20, may even flirt with 30.
I think in a perfect world we get Palmieri or Kreider, but I like Toffoli as a bit more risk/reward type player. I think he'd do well beside Krejci.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I don’t get why posters are fine with getting rid of Krug? The guy is a stud. Part of the core & community. He ups his game big time in the playoffs, not just points but even hits. There is no way Gryz can replace him. Nobody on this team can replace him right now. Just get over his size, which isn’t much of a factor anyways, and pay him the $6-7 million. I’d hate to see this team without him.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
I agree, but Sweeny did say he was not wanting to trade 1st anymore, he hated not having one couple years ago from the Nash deal, so unless it is part of a deal for a good young player with term, I don't think he moves the first, if GM's insist on a 1st for Kreider or Pageau, DS will just go elsewhere for Toffoli, Kase, Granlund, Smith, Athanasiou, etc. maybe get two guys like that instead.
Of course he doesn’t want to trade his 1st. No self respecting gm does. And even if he is willing to trade it, he’s not gonna tell everyone that. It’s a poker game.

Reactions: Lo97

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Kreider - Krejci - DeBrusk
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Kreider - Krejci - Heinen
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Palmieri
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Heinen - Krejci - Palmieri
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Saad
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - Toffoli
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Heinen - Krejci - Toffoli

X: Kuhlman

Reactions: neelynugs

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

PLAN C: Pageau (good player, but not ideal because it forces JGP or Coyle to play RW).

I would add Craig Smith and Namestnikov to a plan B-/C+.

Reactions: Flannelman

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

He missed Saad because he probably wasn't mentioned on the last 3 pages of this thread.... Which is where haggerty's suggestions came from. :laugh:

burtgummer

Feb 2, 2019
Does it not bother anyone that every year Sweeney sleeps thru the off season and every deadline he gets rid of young players and draft picks to improve

Reactions: bbfan419 and Lo97

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Does it not bother anyone that every year Sweeney sleeps thru the off season and every deadline he gets rid of young players and draft picks to improve

I haven’t really seen anybody of consequence he has given up. It would bother me more if he was getting killed in those trades

Reactions: Oates2Neely

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I agree, but Sweeny did say he was not wanting to trade 1st anymore, he hated not having one couple years ago from the Nash deal, so unless it is part of a deal for a good young player with term, I don't think he moves the first, if GM's insist on a 1st for Kreider or Pageau, DS will just go elsewhere for Toffoli, Kase, Granlund, Smith, Athanasiou, etc. maybe get two guys like that instead.

You may be right. I'd be pretty disappointed if he walked away from Kreider because it cost a 1st. The difference between what Kreider can bring and what guys like Kase bring is pretty significant IMO.

I also think Sweeney is willing to do things he doesn't like. I think he hated that he had to deal Ryan Donato to make the Coyle deal work, but he did.

I think this deadline is critical for Sweeney. If he doesn't get the top6 forward we need and they flop in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a change in the summer to get in someone who's not afraid to pull the trigger on a hockey trade so they can take one more kick at the can before Krejci becomes a UFA. I think that's what's at stake here, which is why I think Sweeney will do what it takes to get a real solution to the top6.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I would add Craig Smith and Namestnikov to a plan B-/C+.

I think they're more in the Plan C/D category. Neither one is a real solution to the top6, but a combination of these guys might be something they look at after the top dogs are out of the race.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
last season i was hoping for Dylan Larkin. I know he's young and now signed for the medium term, but does a big package entice Detroit to part with him?

I DO NOT trust that Bergy and/or DK can hold up through one grueling series let alone a long run. They are getting longer-in-the-tooth and who do we have in the pipeline that can fill those skates really??

If i'm DS, I'm looking at young Centermen who could be #2B center, but switch to wing in the short-term rather than Kreider and/or Palmeri . . .who are shorter-term band-aid solutions.

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
last season i was hoping for Dylan Larkin. I know he's young and now signed for the medium term, but does a big package entice Detroit to part with him?

I DO NOT trust that Bergy and/or DK can hold up through one grueling series let alone a long run. They are getting longer-in-the-tooth and who do we have in the pipeline that can fill those skates really??

If i'm DS, I'm looking at young Centermen who could be #2B center, but switch to wing in the short-term rather than Kreider and/or Palmeri . . .who are shorter-term band-aid solutions.

No.

Reactions: Lo97

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

If that’s the worry you go with Pageau

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018

You'd have a better chance of trading for Mackinnon.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

What bothers me more is that every year players they hope/expect to "take it to the next level" don't.

If Heinen, Bjork, turned into consistent 20 - 25 goal guys and DeBrusk became a 30 - 35 goal guy, they wouldn't need to move picks/prospects out.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
You may be right. I'd be pretty disappointed if he walked away from Kreider because it cost a 1st. The difference between what Kreider can bring and what guys like Kase bring is pretty significant IMO.

I also think Sweeney is willing to do things he doesn't like. I think he hated that he had to deal Ryan Donato to make the Coyle deal work, but he did.

I think this deadline is critical for Sweeney. If he doesn't get the top6 forward we need and they flop in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a change in the summer to get in someone who's not afraid to pull the trigger on a hockey trade so they can take one more kick at the can before Krejci becomes a UFA. I think that's what's at stake here, which is why I think Sweeney will do what it takes to get a real solution to the top6.
Lets hope they do add some good pieces by the TDL, I would be good with also upgrading the 4th line with a Clifford/Foligno type player and then add the top 6 RW we need, just not sure who it is at this point, I guess it will come down to what the price is and what DS feels is the best bang for the buck, that could be Kreider or someone else.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Yes and No.

(Yes)I'd like to see him make some moves on d-day/off season to shore up the bruins instead of waiting till the last possible minute.

(No) At least he's being active and trying to improve the team at the deadline, and last year he did great, and he really hasn't given up any young player of significance.(yet)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I think I would fire Sweeney if he valued a first round pick more than winning this year. I understand it’s a deep draft but I look at draft picks like pulls on a slot machine, you might get Jake DeBrusk, but you might also get Senyshyn or Zboril. (I know the book isn’t closed on those two prospects but would anyone consider them off-limits in a deal for Palmieri?)

The object of the game is to win the cup and having a team that is good enough to compete for first overall is rare. They have to make the most of those opportunities when they come around.

I'm sorry, but I hate this attitude, mostly because I think it oversimplifies things.

Primarily, I think it overestimates the value of most trade deadline acquisitions. How often are those acquisitions of UFAs-to-be key to winning the Cup? I also think it overestimates the difference between the player you can get for a 1st round pick and one you can get for a 2nd.

There are some rentals who are worth a 1st round pick, but I don't think any of the ones available this year are. If I'm trading a 1st for a rental, I want a true difference-maker. Does that really describe any of the players on the trade block this year? I don't think so.

Players with more years on their contract are a slightly different story, but the Bruins' current cap situation is such that, not only are you trading compensation for the player, but you're likely also preventing yourself from re-signing one or more of your free agents this summer.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad