All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Re: Boychuk. Wasnt referring to you in particular. I think you have a fair view on it for sure, although I think that if you don't move Boychuk before the season, you don't move him at the deadline either because you are a borderline playoff team. If Comnolly works out was a good 2nd liner, was it all worth it in the end?.

Fair point. So then maybe you do move Boychuk before the seasons starts, but having that cap flexibility by the summer's end means you have more leverage for a better return. Chiarelli got fleeced because the Islanders, and everyone else, knew he had to move Boychuk because there was simply no cap space. If teams know you can sit on offers without urgency, they'll offer more to force a move.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Where are you folks getting Marchand rumors from?

Marchand has disappointed bruin upper management for years with his personality. Luckily for him he plays gritty and upper management has a longer leash for gritty players.

It would never shock long time observers of the team if the axe fell on marchand without any warning. On the other hand this guy is valuable on the ice and a priductive winner on a very good contract.

My gut feeling is that marchand wont be dealt now unless its for a very good return.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it was pure speculation. I just like to get worked up at night. Helps me sleep.

:laugh:

Cody Franson for 3 years 3 mill per so we can all sleep with dreams of gumdrops and rainbows.

I believe what Dom says (as everybody should), and maybe I misinterpreted him but I don't think anything will be going down tonight. I don't know his riddle posts have been putting my mind in a pretzel lately. I think I'm just dumb.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Must explain all of their recent Playoff success. ;)

Nill is doing 2 steps forward.... 2 steps back. The high end talent he is bringing in has no winning tradition behind it at all.

Spezza/hemsky are well known coach killers.... seguin was jettisoned because of attitude issue/pittsburgh let goligoski go for similar reason. Lehtonen was let go because cant win big games.

Lots of bright shinny fun toys making highlights on the sports recap show here but NOT a model how to win in todays nhl.

Todays nhl is about getting kopitar or towes or bergeron to settle for 60 points because they need to be selke finalists. Its about LA and chicago and boston finishing top 3-4 in GAA.

The last 6 cups are won this way. Super talent is ok but it must be willing to sacrafice to win.

Dallas is going nowhere fast in a huge hurray if they want seguin and spezza to be team leaders there

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass

Cody Franson for 3 years 3 mill per so we can all sleep with dreams of gumdrops and rainbows.

I believe what Dom says (as everybody should), and maybe I misinterpreted him but I don't think anything will be going down tonight. I don't know his riddle posts have been putting my mind in a pretzel lately. I think I'm just dumb.

I'd go 2 years 3.5 even, easy!

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Nill is doing 2 steps forward.... 2 steps back. The high end talent he is bringing in has no winning tradition behind it at all.

Spezza/hemsky are well known coach killers.... seguin was jettisoned because of attitude issue/pittsburgh let goligoski go for similar reason. Lehtonen was let go because cant win big games.

Lots of bright shinny fun toys making highlights on the sports recap show here but NOT a model how to win in todays nhl.

Todays nhl is about getting kopitar or towes or bergeron to settle for 60 points because they need to be selke finalists. Its about LA and chicago and boston finishing top 3-4 in GAA.

The last 6 cups are won this way. Super talent is ok but it must be willing to sacrafice to win.

Dallas is going nowhere fast in a huge hurray if they want seguin and spezza to be team leaders there

Good points. Remember last off-season when their power play was pre-dubbed the Super-Nova line? :)

If Jamie Benn wasn't playing with Seguin, I could see him as a great two-way player. The points are great, for sure, but I think he has much more to offer.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Ill make a whacky suggestion...

Krejci, 2016 first, krug to carolina for eric staal at 1/2 and ryan murphy. Staal is headed into ufa but murphy is a second overall pick that has has injuries.

We now have cap room to grab franson if he wants to play here... do short term 2 year deal.

Our defense becomes a team strength

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg
macquaid/morrow or miller

Our forward group gets bigger

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand
pastrnak/spooner/eriksson
talbot/kelly/best kid that week

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I will bet anything Kelly goes no where before trade deadline if at all

Well, that's just depressing.

Marchand has disappointed bruin upper management for years with his personality. Luckily for him he plays gritty and upper management has a longer leash for gritty players.

It would never shock long time observers of the team if the axe fell on marchand without any warning. On the other hand this guy is valuable on the ice and a priductive winner on a very good contract.

My gut feeling is that marchand wont be dealt now unless its for a very good return.

Marchand is valuable. He's a versatile player. He's also had a few mediocre playoffs in a row since 2011. One more (assuming Boston makes it next season) and he may be shown the door.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Krejci, 2016 first, krug to carolina for eric staal at 1/2 and ryan murphy. Staal is headed into ufa but murphy is a second overall pick that has has injuries.

We now have cap room to grab franson if he wants to play here... do short term 2 year deal.

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand

Want no part of Staal. Good player, but far too many injury concerns.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Want no part of Staal. Good player, but far too many injury concerns.

He hasn't played in less than 70 games his entire career, am I missing something like a degenerative back or concussions or something? I know Jordan has his issues but I didn't realize Eric did too.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand

Murphy of Carolina was drafted 12th, and wishes he were Krug I believe. Played in the AHL last season.

And then adding our top 10 1st to Krejci for UFA to be Staal?

I don't like it.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Krejci, 2016 first, krug to carolina for eric staal at 1/2 and ryan murphy. Staal is headed into ufa but murphy is a (edit: 12th) overall pick that has had injuries.

I like what you bring here but proposals are not your thing --this is just bad and I'm not getting into K&K being our 2 most clutch playoff producers.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Murphy has been terrible. I loved him in the draft (actually wanted him instead of Dougie) based on a great show in the Orr/Cherry game, but it hasnt gone well since he left Juniors.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Murphy of Carolina was drafted 12th, and wishes he were Krug I believe. Played in the AHL last season.

And then adding our top 10 1st to Krejci for UFA to be Staal?

I don't like it.

id probably be moving krejci because honestly I don't like the contract. if staal wanted to come back at a discount around 6 mill id give him the extension. a lot of fans here don't like him because of his recent play but I have a theory that playing for suck teams takes the heart out of a guy

staal was able to be a huge member of a cup winning team when he still had hope. I see reference to krecji being clutch at playoff time and yes he is... staal has 43 points in 43 playoff games.

staal is a big 6'4 boy who can own matchups when motivated... we just let lucic go because lucic is really only a pf. staal is a powerful superstar.. I guess its a pipe dream for me to imagine that staal would sign for around 6 mill here but I sort of make my suggestion on that basis.

im going to confess I screwed up on the murphy/murray thing. was thinking of the kid in Columbus. id revise my original offer and definitely take the first out of it... maybe request back a pick... maybe throw in something conditional if staal resigns.

I do like staal a ton though... like him more than I like krecji and I like krecji a ton but just don't like the krecji contact.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yes, Dom was refering to a quote he had heard earlier on a TV show. Something is in the works but the times he provided might have been more of an analogy to the situation at hand.

He got the Sharp trade with that quote :laugh:

Didn't Dom mention that if they don't sign Franson this weekend then they probably won't sign him at all or do I remember this completely wrong?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand

Good grief did you misstype Noah Hanifin as Ryan Murphy?

Murphy is someone who maybe gets healthy and is able to build an NHL career as a PMD someday, but I'd put his value as around a 3rd-4th round pick now given all the injuries, and his size limitations. Putting him on our first line accomplishes nothing but making the team poor

Hard to believe Staal is only the same age as Krejci he has taken such a beating that it feels he is 4 years older.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Good grief did you misstype Noah Hanifin as Ryan Murphy?

Murphy is someone who maybe gets healthy and is able to build an NHL career as a PMD someday, but I'd put his value as around a 3rd-4th round pick now given all the injuries, and his size limitations. Putting him on our first line accomplishes nothing but making the team poor

Hard to believe Staal is only the same age as Krejci he has taken such a beating that it feels he is 4 years older.

hanifin would cost us more than my proposal... but id probably pay it.

again this comes down to my belief that the krejci contract is going to end up being an overpayment

staal may be more beat up... or may only be disheartened in his current situation. obviously im leaning towards the second possibility. but that said, its mostly the contract that appeals to me in m proposal.

I made the proposal with the condition that Carolina eat 1/2 of staals deal. this will create the needed room to fit franson into the mix

so my proposal was staal/franson/murphy for krejci/krug/first...

I did think I was getting ryan murray not ryan murphy... I did screw up. I got the too kid dmen mixed up.

even I have to admit 1 year of staal and a suspect d prospect like murphy are not worth the package I offer.

to make this trade work... id have to take or first out... I might have to ask Carolina for a pick... and maybe throw in a conditional pick of our own if staal did resign.

anyhow... I now am embarrassed that I got the Carolina dman mixed up. im pretty sure id rather do a trade with Columbus because I was wanting to get our defense upgraded. I want a young stud dman to add to the mix and krecji is probably the most logical asset that could fetch the dman im thinking of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad