All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Ill make a whacky suggestion...

Krejci, 2016 first, krug to carolina for eric staal at 1/2 and ryan murphy. Staal is headed into ufa but murphy is a second overall pick that has has injuries.

We now have cap room to grab franson if he wants to play here... do short term 2 year deal.

Our defense becomes a team strength

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg
macquaid/morrow or miller

Our forward group gets bigger

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand
pastrnak/spooner/eriksson
talbot/kelly/best kid that week

You're thinking of Ryan Murray of the Blue Jackets. Ryan Murphy is Krug without the grit.

And a big hell no to that deal

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Sweeney needs to continue hoarding his draft picks & look for the next Cam Neely & Ray Bourque. Kids with some balls. I'm not one to bash players on their way out of town, but the more I think of Dougie's demeanor (on the ice), the more I realize he most likely wouldn't ever be the blue line anchor the Bruins had hoped for when drafting him at 9th overall.

I like the look of this new roster. I'm aware teams need skill & finesse to win, but kudos to Sweeney for bringing in some players with balls.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
anyhow... I now am embarrassed that I got the Carolina dman mixed up. im pretty sure id rather do a trade with Columbus because I was wanting to get our defense upgraded. I want a young stud dman to add to the mix and krecji is probably the most logical asset that could fetch the dman im thinking of

I could potentially get behind a deal of Krejci that brings in a young #1 type defenseman.

I do think Sweeney has boxed himself into the Corner now. Boston has a bunch of young prospects, but few if any look like they could become top pairing type (Zboril for sure)

Sounds like he wants to blow his load on Franson, but that doesn't really solve the problems of this team. Just adds to the growing list of second/third pairing guys.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I could potentially get behind a deal of Krejci that brings in a young #1 type defenseman.

I do think Sweeney has boxed himself into the Corner now. Boston has a bunch of young prospects, but few if any look like they could become top pairing type (Zboril for sure)

Sounds like he wants to blow his load on Franson, but that doesn't really solve the problems of this team. Just adds to the growing list of second/third pairing guys.

Yep, this team is not a top4D short from being contenders, this team is top pairing D short and it should be our priority number1. But I guess we are adding a new 2nd pairing D.

Seidenberg, Krug and Franson are 2nd pairing D players, Irwin, McQuaid, K.Miller are your 3rd pairing Ds' and Chara is the only one who is an true 1st pairing D

If we have to push everyone into being something they are not or they don't have the skill set for then how well will that go?

But right now I'm hoping we get Franson on a good deal, I'm thinking how much our system/coaching could help him, can he be our JB2?
Franson is in his early prime and he played in Toronto team that has been a mess. He could replace Hamiltons last years points.

Chara-Franson
Krug-Seids
Irwin-McQuaid
looks a lot better than

Chara-Seidenberg
Krug-McQuaid
Irwin-K.Miller

But I'm still saying that after next year we need to trade Seidenberg, I don't like having 5/6 spots locked up for years and having ton of potential prospects pushing into lineup and could be played on ELC's saving money and allowing us to keep/have bigger players on the lineup. We have a chance to be out of the cap hell for a long time and I'd like to keep it that way.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Babcock went as far as telling Dubas "Do not trade Dion".

We'll see how he feels about that in a years time. He seems to very keen on Dion so maybe he something he can change in his game to make him better

OutspokenMinority*

with a reasonable return to form by Chara, Seidenberg, Miller and McQuaid, this team could prove to be the toughest team in the league to play against.

aka "the t.t.i.t.l.t.p.a."

or "tee tittle teepah"

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I feel you might agree that the issue in toronto is that dion has always had a shakey relationship with the media. On top of that his personality has always been free spirit.

No one can argue dion doesnt care... if anything he cares too much.

This combination of factors... being overpaid... being miscast as a captain... being asked to be the best dman on such a crappy team...

Then having the fans turning on him... the media open season on him...

Even if its the minority, their voice is loud...

Babcock is doing everything possible to fix this rift. For now, there is hope phaneuf will get a smile back onto his face.

So for teams like us... the phaneuf situation is in a holding pattern. Certainly toronto wouldnt be trading him at a discount while babcock is still in his corner

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
with a reasonable return to form by Chara, Seidenberg, Miller and McQuaid, this team could prove to be the toughest team in the league to play against.

aka "the t.t.i.t.l.t.p.a."

or "tee tittle teepah"

Even if injuries hit...our quality of number 7 dmen shows much greater promise now. A couple of these kids might even be better than some of our starting 6

After the irwin signing im guessing morrow doesnt make opening night roster.

Our left side is probably chara/krug/irwin but i like morrow/miller/arnesson all as potential callups

Right side is more question mark but seidenberg/mcquaid are obviouly quality nhl dmen.

Im think kevan miller and zach trottman now have the decided edge over morrow for the twoavailable roster spots

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

If we are after franson you can bet that management thinks the guy is going to harness his tools and become consistient performer under the guidance of julien and chara.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

If we are after franson you can bet that management thinks the guy is going to harness his tools and become consistient performer under the guidance of julien and chara.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Says a lot that Kessel going was essential to Babcock as is Dion staying put.

Though they seemed to be lumped together often by Toronto fans as negatives, it appears the hockey people know better. I could see Babcock turning Phaneuf into a big time player again, as he appeared to be early on in Calgary.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Even if injuries hit...our quality of number 7 dmen shows much greater promise now. A couple of these kids might even be better than some of our starting 6

After the irwin signing im guessing morrow doesnt make opening night roster.

Our left side is probably chara/krug/irwin but i like morrow/miller/arnesson all as potential callups

Right side is more question mark but seidenberg/mcquaid are obviouly quality nhl dmen.

Im think kevan miller and zach trottman now have the decided edge over morrow for the twoavailable roster spots

I thought C.Miller is a righty, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad