All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

Status
Not open for further replies.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Not a bad strategy to take advantage of the cap space to build up assets.

Signing a UFA like Franson would be nice. He's 27 so he's got a while to go.

Then, trade someone off the roster for draft pick/prospects. (Eriksson/Seidenberg).

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Ill make a whacky suggestion...

Krejci, 2016 first, krug to carolina for eric staal at 1/2 and ryan murphy. Staal is headed into ufa but murphy is a second overall pick that has has injuries.

We now have cap room to grab franson if he wants to play here... do short term 2 year deal.

Our defense becomes a team strength

Murphy/chara
franson/seidenberg
macquaid/morrow or miller

Our forward group gets bigger

Connolly/staal/belasky
hayes/bergeron/marchand
pastrnak/spooner/eriksson
talbot/kelly/best kid that week

:laugh:

I love your enthusiasm but I remember you were on a trade 22 Joe Thornton for the final years of Jeremy Roenick back in the early days of HF when we had maybe 10 posters

Tapping into my backyard/BBQ source pool- forget it. Krejci has as much chance as Bruiins ticket price roll back and that's a good thing

When the Bruins passed on Matt Barzal I knew the course they were taking with their centers

Mike you should join our SIM league we do whacked out trades like this all the time

I traded Pastrnak & a 2017 third round rookie for Brandon Saad last week

I'm sure someone will trade you Krejci and you can deal him to me

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Unload Kelly for a bag of Fritos, and sign Franson to a 3-year deal. Thanks!

We'd probably have to retain some salary on Kelly in this scenario, if we're talking Chilli Cheese flavor Fritos, which are damn good. But if it's just regular Fritos, I say do it.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's scary that I'm actually sort of expecting Colin Miller to get a legitimate shot at becoming Chara's D-partner early in the season. Reminds me of last year when I had Matt Fraser penciled in as the opening-day RW on the "top line" (and was unfortunately right).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
i am curious to what teams could be in cap issues come opening day and what teams might have to move a defenseman .

Tampa- x?
Rangers- Yandle
Hawks-Oduya

I just at times go back to thinking of Yandle and think how much Boston has had intrest in him. If Rangers have a D prospect they want to bring up then who is out, they must know they can't re-sign Yandle and he is a 3rd pairing D for them.
Also who knows how much Derek Stepan is going to get paid.

Is the D
Chara-Yandle
Krug-Seidenberg
Irwin-McQuaid

better or worse than what we had last year? I'd be scared if we had Yandle here when Chara is not Norris Chara anymore and is gone in 3years, he is probably going to want to sign with us and we are going to have the cap room to sign him.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Dont be surprised if Stepan prices himself out of New York, a lot of their fans are already expecting it, but if they do sign him for a big number they will have to be moving pieces out so id be on the phone. Yandle i dont see them moving while hes only costing 2.8million.

Id be keeping a keen eye on them, they have a lot of RFAs to sign and Stepan is holding all pf that up.

Not entirely sure which RFAs are left to sign but Jesper Fast if he is one would be a nice addition.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
Not a bad strategy to take advantage of the cap space to build up assets.

Signing a UFA like Franson would be nice. He's 27 so he's got a while to go.

Then, trade someone off the roster for draft pick/prospects. (Eriksson/Seidenberg).

Let's go Cody, make a decision!!!

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
:laugh:

I love your enthusiasm but I remember you were on a trade 22 Joe Thornton for the final years of Jeremy Roenick back in the early days of HF when we had maybe 10 posters

Tapping into my backyard/BBQ source pool- forget it. Krejci has as much chance as Bruiins ticket price roll back and that's a good thing

When the Bruins passed on Matt Barzal I knew the course they were taking with their centers

Mike you should join our SIM league we do whacked out trades like this all the time

I traded Pastrnak & a 2017 third round rookie for Brandon Saad last week

I'm sure someone will trade you Krejci and you can deal him to me

im glad im welcome in the league... and I will admit I blew this proposal since I got murray/murphy mixed up...

but im still contending that my thornton proposal was thornton for tkchuk and roenick AND I was also proposing Allison for Lindros AND leclair. this was before the cap era and we had Guerin and samsonov too...

I think that bringing in those 4 vets could have resulted in a cup win for us.

of course history would show us that around 2-3 years later Allison and Guerin would be gone for nothing and then eventually thornton would be moved for a lesser return than I was asking for.

when I make my proposals I don't always propose trades that I would make if I was king of the world. sometimes I try to play along with well known/established bruin management thinking

my roenick/tkchuk thoughts were backed up when the team made an attempt to get these guys. sinden was on record saying he didn't believe in getting a player that made too much money but he would break his philosophy for the right player... when asked for an example of the right player he said Lindros.

I also forecast boston would want kevin stevins and rick tocchet before we got those guys. there was definitely a type of player that the old sinden/occonnell regieme used to target.

it was foreseeable to me... that thornton/Allison weren't going to stick around long... stumpel... samsonov... all that crowd. not only weren't those guys winning but none of them had the personality that sinden/occonnell wanted for the team.

I used to be real good at predicting this type of stuff... then chiarelli came along and I was pretty clueless the past 7 years. chiareli constantly surprised me with his moves.

ultimately chiarelli was successful so I didn't mind being out of the loop

now Sweeney is shooting from left field and I have no freaking clue what is going on. im going to try to get my mojo back.

based on how I see things going... im going to predict that at some point soon krug will be shipped out for a more well rounded top 4 dman who is young and can be built around.

if till probably cost more than krug to get what we need. so im just thinking krejci is the one contract that can be moved and really clear a ton of room to redevelop the team.

so krecji/krug for a really good young dman... and then we have a hole at center so bring in a bigger/gritter center to play behind Bergeron/spooner.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So, how about it, Cody?

Are you in, or are you out?

How close it this signing honestly?

Has been dead quiet on rumours, this is the only place right now I hear of talking about Franson and us.

nickyb

May 5, 2004
How close it this signing honestly?

Has been dead quiet on rumours, this is the only place right now I hear of talking about Franson and us.

Hopefully this gets wrapped up today or tomorrow.....I would think Franson wants this resolved sooner rather than later!

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
The Bruins are in a rough state when we are this excited about Cody Franson.

franson mania reminds me of every leaf fan throwing a party when they signed david clarkson. at least clarkson had a good previous season. franson was healthy scratched down the stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad