All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I just cringe when I see **** like this. Krug is everything you want in a player: competes, smart, productive, team guy by all accounts and great off the ice as well. The only thing he lacks is ideal size, but he has proven himself to be a good NHL player.

What exactly has Joe Morrow done to warrant trading Krug and handing him (JM) a Top 4 D spot??

He hasn't gotten to play because he isn't a righty, ya Julien is that stubborn. Apparently the system is fool proof and we need all L/R combos. Really worked with Trotman last year. I was impressed with Morrow's limited time in the lineup last year.

I actually want Krug to start the year in the top 4 and play good minutes against good competition. Let's see what he's got. We don't want to have another Boychuk situation and don't realize what you have until it's gone.

I'm saying when you have players that are getting out of their price range and you have younger options then you may need to start replacing, eventually.

If you want Krug to play the 5th slot and be the 2nd highest paid Dman next year then be my guest. I'm all for giving Krug every shot at a top 4 spot, but if he isn't going to be one then I think you need to spend that money on better defenseman and use the younger kids to step up in the Offesenive defenseman who is bad at defense role.

Last edited:

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
My guess is Krug is going nowhere. Without Hamilton, we don't really have a mobile puck-moving D other than him right now.

The only way Krug is moved, is if it's a bigger trade to get a better puck moving D back (e.g., Shattenkirk).

But that's not happening.

The idea that it would be Morrow, also makes little sense. He has, at this point, almost zero trade value. And moving him doesn't really free us up any cap space.

Again, unless he's being moved as part of a bigger hockey trade.

Seems to me, Seids makes more sense than either Morrow or Krug. If we want to sign Franson, moving Seids actually frees up cap space.

Irwin fills in for Seids as an NHL ready LH D. The defense is still weak, but it was going to be anyways, after losing Hamilton and no clear replacement.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Too many people forget this. We won the cup with Seidenberg playing his off side (the right side). Why so many people get hung up on handedness when searching for players is beyond me.

Because, mostly, Julien is extreme is setting up R/L for his defensemen. I don't recall any other defensemen that he tried out on his off-side besides Seidenberg.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And I cringe when I see stuff like this....

He's a bottom pairing guy so far making mid pairing money.

His offensive is good... but defensively he's below average.

His size is below average, his defense it not. His positioning is very good and he's the best puck retriever the B's have, which is part of your defensive acumen, not offense.

It astonishes me that people here were willing to pay Hamiton $7m for good O and shoddy D, but balk at $3.45m for a #5 D that can also QB your PP.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
His size is below average, his defense it not. His positioning is very good and he's the best puck retriever the B's have, which is part of your defensive acumen, not offense.

It astonishes me that people here were willing to pay Hamiton $7m for good O and shoddy D, but balk at $3.45m for a #5 D that can also QB your PP.

A guy with over 60% offensive zone starts and negative QoC is playing soft minutes

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He hasn't gotten to play because he isn't a righty, ya Julien is that stubborn. Apparently the system is fool proof and we need all L/R combos. Really worked with Trotman last year. I was impressed with Morrow's limited time in the lineup last year.

I actually want Krug to start the year in the top 4 and play good minutes against good competition. Let's see what he's got. We don't want to have another Boychuk situation and don't realize what you have until it's gone.

I'm saying when you have players that are getting out of their price range and you have younger options then you may need to start replacing, eventually.

If you want Krug to play the 5th slot and be the 2nd highest paid Dman next year then be my guest. I'm all for giving Krug every shot at a top 4 spot, but if he isn't going to be one then I think you need to spend that money on better defenseman and use the younger kids to step up in the Offesenive defenseman who is bad at defense role.

Morrow hasn't gotten to play because he isn't good enough to crack the lineup...period. Has nothing to do with him shooting left or right. You speak about him like he's actually a viable candidate to replace Krug, who has back to back 40 pt seasons and basically FORCED his way into the starting lineup after impressing in the PO's. If you want to trade Krug + for a legit upgrade, I am totally down with that, but trading Krug and replacing him with Morrow would be a dumb move, unless you are trying to increase your chances at drafting Matthews.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
NYR would be pretty scary with Big Z.

A little light on the return though as Charz is signed to cap friendly deal for remaining two years.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Franson

Better than 50/50 chance - probably closer to 90%

Just like Oduya is waiting/hoping the Hawks can make room for him, Franson is in the same boat with the Bruins.

This morning I said $4.8 million. In the ballpark of the rumors out there.

I strongly believe they are in agreement on the money, less for longer term, more for a shorter term - just need to agree on which term both parties want.

If I had to tell you where to place your bets (Dan bets regardless of my opinion - he's loaded) I'd tell you this weekend or not at all.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Just like Oduya is waiting/hoping the Hawks can make room for him, Franson is in the same boat with the Bruins.

I strongly believe they are in agreement on the money, less for longer term, more for a shorter term - just need to agree on which term both parties want.

If I had to tell you where to place your bets (Dan bets regardless of my opinion - he's loaded) I'd tell you this weekend or not at all.

I just asked you a question in the other thread but you pretty much answered it here. Thank you.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Thx. So who's on the way out?

Gotta be Kelly + Miller? Or Krug/Seids? What are the options?

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

But.... this isn't a riddle!

Thanks Dom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad