All Bruins rumors/proposals: Reset and Sweenified

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm sorry but I disagree. You trade Lou for cap space so you can add Franson sounds stupid. Wing is already weak and you just made it a lot weaker while our improving our D a bit.
Sweney himself keeps saying that the kids has to step up.

Sweeney wants us to be a faster team and then you'd have ...... chara-franson-seids in the top 4, that is painfully slow and Krug is the only one who can skate, please someone explain to me how we are going to score any goals next season?
Weak wing group+little offensive support from the D.
if this happens I pray that Trotman won't be in our lineup.
That post was in response to rainone99's post which was about rumors that the Bruins have a deal in place with Franson but are waiting to trade someone for cap space. My overall opinion about the situation is in post #506 which is pretty similar to what you are saying here.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That post was in response to rainone99's post which was about rumors that the Bruins have a deal in place with Franson but are waiting to trade someone for cap space. My overall opinion about the situation is in post #506 which is pretty similar to what you are saying here.

Yeah I thought that, but I know they are thinking of movin Lou if they want to find cap space and that sounds stupid, we don't have a wing prospect who's ready to step up into our top9, so Kelly would be our 3rd line lw and I hoped those nightmare days are over.
Kelly-Spooner-Pasta :shakehead
But we habe D prospects ready.

We have 3cap saving options: Kelly, Lou or Seids, Kelly won't be moved and moving Lou makes sure we are not playing in the playoffs.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Signing Franson at 5M a year would be mental. Ride the year out with what you have (see what the young kids can bring: Trotman, Morrow, C. Miller), if you aren't a contender at the deadline trade players you don't see as long term for assets. Go into the draft with those assets and increased cap room and bring in that top pairing d man (whether it be trade or FA). Next years class of available d-men should be much better.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
I'm sorry but I disagree. You trade Lou for cap space so you can add Franson sounds stupid. Wing is already weak and you just made it a lot weaker while improving our D a bit.
Sweney himself keeps saying that the kids has to step up.

Sweeney wants us to be a faster team and then you'd have chara-franson-seids in the top 4, that is painfully slow and Krug is the only one who can skate, please someone explain to me how we are going to score any goals next season?
Weak wing group+little offensive support from the D.
if this happens I pray that Trotman won't be in our lineup.

Franson add not bad, but Eriksson is too good to be traded to free Franson space.

If Eriksson is moved, should be in a deal for a true #1 D... I don't know. Argh.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Bruins have 4-5 million in cap space. 2 firsts next year.

I think they'll either do a mid-season acquisition for a D, or right before the season starts.

Honestly, I'd take a chance with this D for the first 1-3 months. Play it out. See how they play. I think they'll groom Torey Krug to be their up and coming young D since Dougie Hamilton did not want to play for Boston long term.

Colin Miller may surprise a lot of us and perform at a very good level.

The only question mark I have is backup goalie, simply because of Sweeney's remarks about Tuukka having to play too many games because lack of confidence in inexperienced backup goalie. Smith reminds me of Svedberg. I still think they should have taken a shot at an experienced goalie like Ray Emery at a cheap one year deal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Franson add not bad, but Eriksson is too good to be traded to free Franson space.

If Eriksson is moved, should be in a deal for a true #1 D... I don't know. Argh.

Franson doesn't improve our D enough to explain Lou for cap space trade.
Lou is a rental and I doubt we win that trade, if we trade Lou then Sweeney has to make a package.

We have no ready wing prospects but we do have ready D prospects.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown

I think they'll either do a mid-season acquisition for a D, or right before the season starts.

Honestly, I'd take a chance with this D for the first 1-3 months. Play it out. See how they play. I think they'll groom Torey Krug to be their up and coming young D since Dougie Hamilton did not want to play for Boston long term.

The only question mark I have is backup goalie, simply because of Sweeney's remarks about Tuukka having to play too many games because lack of confidence in inexperienced backup goalie. Smith reminds me of Svedberg. I still think they should have taken a shot at an experienced goalie like Ray Emery at a cheap one year deal.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
Franson doesn't improve our D enough to explain Lou for cap space trade.
Lou is a rental and I doubt we win that trade, if we trade Lou then Sweeney has to make a package.

We have no ready wing prospects but we do have ready D prospects.

Seids or Kelly makes a lot more sense. But I feel like Dom was cryptically suggesting earlier that Kelly was not going to be moved..

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Seids or Kelly makes a lot more sense. But I feel like Dom was cryptically suggesting earlier that Kelly was not going to be moved..

Yep, Kelly will be here and that leaves just Seidenberg left.

I'm more and more impressed by Colin Miller. Maybe he makes the jump, and becomes a top 4 D for us.

C.Miller is the prospect I want to make our roster the most, he has elite shot and skating, he could fix a lot of D problems for us and be one helluva player to watch, + he's not small.
If they bring in Franson then Miller has to make the roster.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm more and more impressed by Colin Miller. Maybe he makes the jump, and becomes a top 4 D for us.

Chara-xxx
Sides-xxx
Krug-McQuaid

Right now the B's need TWO Top 4 D, not just one. This is why I don't understand the "if we sign Franson, we need to deal Sides" posts. Why, so they can create another hole?

Same thing for the "maybe Miller or Trots steps up" crowd. I hope one of them does, but it's probably foolish to think they both will. Sweeney seems like he's trying to reboot on the fly. Starting two rookies in your Top 4 seems like a recipe for disaster and full rebuild?

Sign Franson to a 3yr/$15 mil deal and don't give him an NMC/NTC. If he doesn't work out, or the team sucks, you can still trade him at the deadline of you have to. I'm not saying he's definitely the answer, but how can anybody accurately predict what he will look like playing in a D that has some actual structure (unlike TOR)???

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Chara-xxx
Sides-xxx
Krug-McQuaid

Right now the B's need TWO Top 4 D, not just one. This is why I don't understand the "if we sign Franson, we need to deal Sides" posts. Why, so they can create another hole?

Same thing for the "maybe Miller or Trots steps up" crowd. I hope one of them does, but it's probably foolish to think they both will. Sweeney seems like he's trying to reboot on the fly. Starting two rookies in your Top 4 seems like a recipe for disaster and full rebuild?

Sign Franson to a 3yr/$15 mil deal and don't give him an NMC/NTC. If he doesn't work out, or the team sucks, you can still trade him at the deadline of you have to. I'm not saying he's definitely the answer, but how can anybody accurately predict what he will look like playing in a D that has some actual structure (unlike TOR)???

I don't think it's a 'maybe' for Trotman. He's inked in the top 4 opening night, book it. We sink or swim with him. But I do agree with you though, Seidenberg is pretty much a lock here as well.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yep, Kelly will be here and that leaves just Seidenberg left.

C.Miller is the prospect I want to make our roster the most, he has elite shot and skating, he could fix a lot of D problems for us and be one helluva player to watch, + he's not small.
If they bring in Franson then Miller has to make the roster.

Curious, other than the B's fans who watch the Monarchs, how many people knew who C Miller was?

Show of hands.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

If we take a chance with this D for 3 months we will be out of a playoff spot. The D was weak even with Hamilton on board . We need a top 4 D pretty desperately to start the year and then maybe take a chance with the kids.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland

I've asked this before and got no answer for it, perhaps because it had already been talked about, but I'll ask again. If he has the hardest shot in the AHL and is at least one of the fastest skaters, why is he not ranked higher/why did the Kings want to give him up? Does he have bad hockey IQ or something?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Curious, other than the B's fans who watch the Monarchs, how many people knew who C Miller was?

Show of hands.

*keeps hand down*

learned about him after the fact, not sure what he'll be. seems like he's got some elite tools. has the ability to shoot the puck really hard if he puts 8 or 9 steps into it. skates really fast when the game isn't going on. no idea how quick he gets his shot off, or how well he uses his raw speed to his advantage though. no idea how smart he is on the ice. how poised he is in his own zone.

there is a lot to find out about him as a player before we anoint him a future top pairing guy.

theres plenty of youtube highlight videos out there of players who never turn into anything.

I'm excited he's a member of the organization though, and hope that his performance statistically in the AHL is a future indicator of NHL success, but until we put eyes on him on a regular basis, we (as fans) have no way of knowing if he's anything special.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't think it's a 'maybe' for Trotman. He's inked in the top 4 opening night, book it. We sink or swim with him. But I do agree with you though, Seidenberg is pretty much a lock here as well.

I hope not.

I have high hopes, but he has a 27 game NHL career to base that on. In other words...not a whole helluva lot :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Chara-xxx
Sides-xxx
Krug-McQuaid

Yes! I agree completely with this. Knowing now what we do about DS he won't get stuck the way Chia would trying to cover his mistakes IF Franson doesn't work out. I'd also like to see them move (maybe) our 1st rounder plus Kevan Miller for a legit top 4 D or an overlooked/under appreciated guy from team like Columbus BJ's (Jack Johnson/Savard/Falk or a cap Hell team like St. Louis. I know that it'll probably cost more than that but you do what you need to.
Again, knowing what we now do about The Don we should expect the unexpected!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
*keeps hand down*

learned about him after the fact, not sure what he'll be. seems like he's got some elite tools. has the ability to shoot the puck really hard if he puts 8 or 9 steps into it. skates really fast when the game isn't going on. no idea how quick he gets his shot off, or how well he uses his raw speed to his advantage though. no idea how smart he is on the ice. how poised he is in his own zone.

there is a lot to find out about him as a player before we anoint him a future top pairing guy.

theres plenty of youtube highlight videos out there of players who never turn into anything.

I'm excited he's a member of the organization though, and hope that his performance statistically in the AHL is a future indicator of NHL success, but until we put eyes on him on a regular basis, we (as fans) have no way of knowing if he's anything special.

Me2.

This is right where I am, and expecting both he and Trots to step up and play Top 4 minutes is not a good plan IMO.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
I hope not.

I have high hopes, but he has a 27 game NHL career to base that on. In other words...not a whole helluva lot :laugh:

We have a little over 5 million in cap space, and Sweeney wants to remain compliant. I can see them signing Franson, and then maybe moving a piece like Chris Kelly. But that's about it, I really do think they believe in Trotman. I know I do.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Chara-xxx
Sides-xxx
Krug-McQuaid

Because I'm afraid that Trotman is the guy who'd win that roster spot with Chara, then Krug being the only strong puck mover, exactly the opposite of what Sweeney has been talking about.

Chara-C.Miller
Morrow-Franson
Krug-McQ
=3 physical tougher to play against players and 3 fast elite skating puck movers.
Then at some point he adds that missing top pairing D who in time will replace Chara.

But with your lineup we have the cap issue, who goes and who replaces him?

Show of hands.

I didn't, but I've been studying him now, reading, looking at La fans threads and videos about him, and those have gotten me interested.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
We have a little over 5 million in cap space, and Sweeney wants to remain compliant. I can see them signing Franson, and then maybe moving a piece like Chris Kelly. But that's about it, I really do think they believe in Trotman. I know I do.

Not in a top 4 role .On the 3rd pairing ,fine .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad