Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
The rebuild has been stagnant for a couple years now, and seems to be going nowhere. A 3 time 40 goal scorer falls into our lap and wants to play for us, but Yzerman is hesitant to get a trade done? Is he even interested in making the playoffs...? It's getting ridiculous to be honest, and eventually people will lose their patience. Because he's a Wings legend, fans love to praise him as the saviour, and love to say thinks like "TRUST THE YZERPLAN!!".

If he doesn't trade for DeBrincat, I don't even know what he's trying to do. I guess he just wants to miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row before actually attempting to build a playoff team?

I wouldn't go that far

But...

If we dont use some of our assets (cap space, picks etc) to trade for a young high skill forward and instead we just draft "safe two way" guys and maybe trade a 3rd for a Granlund type veteran, its possible SYs shine starts wearing off sooner than later.

That said... I dont believe that's what he will do

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I wouldn't go that far

But...

If we dont use some of our assets (cap space, picks etc) to trade for a young high skill forward and instead we just draft "safe two way" guys and maybe trade a 3rd for a Granlund type veteran, its possible SYs shine starts wearing off sooner than later.

That said... I dont believe that's what he will do
I'm wondering if Chris gave Yzerman one season to loosen the purse strings and since it blew up we're back to being a team that stays nearer to the floor than the ceiling.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
The rebuild has been stagnant for a couple years now, and seems to be going nowhere. A 3 time 40 goal scorer falls into our lap and wants to play for us, but Yzerman is hesitant to get a trade done? Is he even interested in making the playoffs...? It's getting ridiculous to be honest, and eventually people will lose their patience. Because he's a Wings legend, fans love to praise him as the saviour, and love to say thinks like "TRUST THE YZERPLAN!!".

If he doesn't trade for DeBrincat, I don't even know what he's trying to do. I guess he just wants to miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row before actually attempting to build a good team? He's been at it for over 4 years now and the team still sucks. At what point is it acceptable to "question the YZERPLAN?" I think that time is now.
Take it easy Pierre, nobody wants to overpay for an undersized wing who doesnt have Patrick Kane to feed him.

I especially curious how Debrincat is going to immediately vault the team to the playoffs when he couldnt do it with an Ottawa team who clowned us when it counted

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Take it easy Pierre, nobody wants to overpay for an undersized wing who doesnt have Patrick Kane to feed him.

I especially curious how Debrincat is going to immediately vault the team to the playoffs when he couldnt do it with an Ottawa team who clowned us when it counted
Do you know how much Cap space we have? Also, since you're obviously an expert, what is DeBrincat worth, and what would you, jfrank21, be willing to pay him on an extension? I'm curious.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
At this point I wonder why Ottawa didn't just

That's also terrible value though. ADB can fetch a first and a good prospect as a rental.
Their GM has stated he doesn't see the team getting into the first round. So either the deal is dead or maybe they trade ADB for Zadina and the second like I suggested yesterday. I just don't see a 2023 first involved - perhaps the Boston 1st in 2024...and its not terrible value if thats what the market dictates - if they don't like the trade then keep your player and we'll look elsewhere.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Their GM has stated he doesn't see the team getting into the first round. So either the deal is dead or maybe they trade ADB for Zadina and the second like I suggested yesterday. I just don't see a 2023 first involved - perhaps the Boston 1st in 2024...and its not terrible value if thats what the market dictates - if they don't like the trade then keep your player and we'll look elsewhere.
I also heard Detroit is no longer the frontrunner, so it seems that Ottawa is probably doing a player as the main piece sort of deal.

Reactions: Redwing66

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm wondering if Chris gave Yzerman one season to loosen the purse strings and since it blew up we're back to being a team that stays nearer to the floor than the ceiling.
Because he wouldn't give Debrincat a ridiculous contract extension? All you hear about is that there is lots of interest in moving players but the flat cap is complicating that for many teams. Detroit has kept the powder dry and is in great position to acquire when the price is right.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Is DetroitSportsNation a legit thing, or just another of the many fake ones who post fake "insider" stuff?

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018

If he doesn't trade for DeBrincat, I don't even know what he's trying to do. I guess he just wants to miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row before actually attempting to build a good team? He's been at it for over 4 years now and the team still sucks. At what point is it acceptable to "question the YZERPLAN?" I think that time is now.

Seiders on the team.
Raymonds on the team.
We've seen Soderblom, Edvinsson, Kasper up and now fighting for full time roles as soon as this coming season,
We have Mazur, Wallinder, Johansson pushing up the ranks.
We have 5 top 50 picks in a stacked draft.
We bottomed out in the 19-20 season and have improve each year after.

Prospects take years to develop. Typically 2-5. So we are just now entering the first reaping phase of the first group of prospects Yzerman has drafted. And despite that we already have a Calder winning #1 Dman and solid winger on the team.

Our cap situation is among the best in the league.

Where tf is the stagnation, let alone for "years now"?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You also must remember Chris doesn't spend big money with the Tigers either.
Different sport, the NHL has a hard cap. The Wings are profitable even when they suck while at the cap limit, the Tigers aren't. If the Tigers spent what the Mets do, he's probably looking at losing at least a hundred mil even if they win the World Series. (That's losing more than the NHL salary cap.)

I think he's shrewd enough to know that he'll lose the fan base if the team sucks too long. If anything, I'm wondering how long Stevie's leash is.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I know alot of fans dont think Debrincat is what we need but he is IMO. He is small and not a center, but we still need talent so guys like Berggren, Raymond and the other young can develop at their own pace. Our size is coming more and more every year, if he wants to be here then he will thrive. We still go after a center regardless in free agency/trades/

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It smells to me like Yzerman doesn’t want to offer up much of substance but Cat only wants to sign here so it’s still hr best offer they’re getting.That’s the vibe I get with these reports.

Listen, I’m not a huge DBC fan but if we can get him without giving up a 1st or top prospect, and sign him under 8M, I’d be happy with it.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Different sport, the NHL has a hard cap. The Wings are profitable even when they suck while at the cap limit, the Tigers aren't. If the Tigers spent what the Mets do, he's probably looking at losing at least a hundred mil even if they win the World Series. (That's losing more than the NHL salary cap.)

I think he's shrewd enough to know that he'll lose the fan base if the team sucks too long. If anything, I'm wondering how long Stevie's leash is.

We are nowhere near Steve's leash even needing to be mentioned. In rebuilding siutations any GM needs a lot more leash than you would give a GM in a win now situation.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Where tf is the stagnation, let alone for "years now"?
When was the last time the Wings made the playoffs? Second longest active streak in the league now, and 11th longest ALL TIME. You can't blame some fans for getting impatient.

Without a major signing or trade, the team is still at least three years away from the playoffs, and that's only if Kasper winds up being a legit 2C in that timeframe.

2 more years without playoffs ties the team for 4th all time longest streak. Yeah, that's definitely something to be upset about.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
It smells to me like Yzerman doesn’t want to offer up much of substance but Cat only wants to sign here so it’s still hr best offer they’re getting.That’s the vibe I get with these reports.

Listen, I’m not a huge DBC fan but if we can get him without giving up a 1st or top prospect, and sign him under 8M, I’d be happy with it.

My guess is DeBrincat's new contract is the holdup. He probably wants more than Steve is confortable with. I bet the trade pieces part is already agreed to.

• Love
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When was the last time the Wings made the playoffs? Second longest active streak in the league now, and 11th longest ALL TIME. You can't blame some fans for getting impatient.

Without a major signing or trade, the team is still at least three years away from the playoffs, and that's only if Kasper winds up being a legit 2C in that timeframe.

2 more years without playoffs ties the team for 4th all time longest streak. Yeah, that's definitely something to be upset about.
I'm fine with getting antsy to get back in the playoffs.
I'm fine with wanting to be more aggressive and utilize trades, RFA sheets, and other measures to accelerate things.
But neither of those are the same as saying the rebuild is going nowhere.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
My guess is DeBrincat's new contract is the holdup. He probably wants more than Steve is confortable with. I bet the trade pieces part is already agreed to.

No way he is giving him more than Larkin, we all know that. He probably wants some gap between them so he isnt getting over priced down the road. You start paying everyone what they want and its hard to maintain that.

Reactions: Oddbob

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
With PLD getting 8.5 and the cap rising, the market is gonna be set pretty soon. Guys like DBC, Lindholm, etc. who are not quite PPG players are going to draw 8 million/year.

Like I said before, within a few years you are probably going to see high-end third liners making 5 million per season like the pre-cap days. If the cap hits 100 million within the next 8 years (and it likely will) you can have everyone on your first two lines making 8 million and still have 52 million for the rest of the roster.

The Wings are eventually going to have to start paying actual market value for impact players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad