Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Unless he's injured, he's gonna fetch a bare minimum of a 2nd and 3rd round pick at the deadline. Heck Brendan Smith and Nyquist went for that much.

More than likely that it will be a first rounder, which is why I don't think Ottawa will trade him for anything less.

Likewise if the asking price is too high, Stevie will let Ottawa go that route and DeBrincat will wind up being available as UFA if he's a deadline rental.
I think this has been said so many times, but I'll reiterate:

Why would you trade debrincat, probably your best goal scorer on a team that will most likely make the playoffs, to ANYONE for just a 1st? Team chemistry would be thrown off to get a 1st back? Makes absolutely no sense.

Also, a trade deadline deal is massively different value than an offseason deal. Also, by that time, everyone's cap management is going to be basically set. Adding a player, at most likely 7.65-9 mil, at the trade deadline is going to mess them up bad. Sure, ottawa could retain I suppose...but why would they retain if they are in the playoff hunt (most likely judging by their improvements last season) to another playoff bound team? What are they just going to trade him to a fringe team or a team in the lottery that could afford him and his AAV? Why would they do that (especially the lottery teams)?

Yes, at the trade deadline, IF AND ONLY IF Ottawa is not in the playoff hunt, then trade debrincat and get your first...but you are much more likely to be in the playoff hunt by then with how their team is shaping up. Not to mention, the dude walks REGARDLESS of where or when you trade him.

Makes much more sense to go into the season with your team essentially complete. Then when deadline comes, trade for players that can help propel you forward, not regress back in the middle of a playoff push...

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
No sweat, dude, I wasn't mad, I was more just using that interaction to express my disdain for this particular thread, or at least the first post that kicked it off :laugh:
Its all good, I totally got that you were joking. I only responded to your post because it was the latest one I saw that referenced a situation that I had decided to let go almost 48 hours prior. It wasn't directed towards you.

Reactions: jaster

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Probably between us and Nashville.
I just don't see why nashville would do it...just going off of what Trotz said, they are doing a full rebuild.

Obviously debrincat helps the rebuild speed things along, but having a healthy forsberg and debrincat, with josi and saros, would not let you draft in the top 10 during a full rebuild? Just don't see it, but crazier things have happened.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Why would you trade debrincat, probably your best goal scorer on a team that will most likely make the playoffs, to ANYONE for just a 1st? Team chemistry would be thrown off to get a 1st back? Makes absolutely no sense.

Also, a trade deadline deal is massively different value than an offseason deal. Also, by that time, everyone's cap management is going to be basically set. Adding a player, at most likely 7.65-9 mil, at the trade deadline is going to mess them up bad. Sure, ottawa could retain I suppose...but why would they retain if they are in the playoff hunt (most likely judging by their improvements last season) to another playoff bound team? What are they just going to trade him to a fringe team or a team in the lottery that could afford him and his AAV? Why would they do that (especially the lottery teams)?

Yes, at the trade deadline, IF AND ONLY IF Ottawa is not in the playoff hunt, then trade debrincat and get your first...but you are much more likely to be in the playoff hunt by then with how their team is shaping up. Not to mention, the dude walks REGARDLESS of where or when you trade him.

Makes much more sense to go into the season with your team essentially complete. Then when deadline comes, trade for players that can help propel you forward, not regress back in the middle of a playoff push...
LOL, relax. I said minimum.

I'm under the impression they're asking more and holding out, so I'm more on your side of the argument than everyone else here besides you of course.

The notion that a player is worth peanuts just because he asked for a trade is asinine, we went through that with Tkachuk last offseason, yet everyone here has really short memory. Only one person even acknowledged that I was right about Tkachuk's trade value.

Same goes for pending UFAs, look at Horvat or even Bert.

I think they will do it if they get value back despite your points because long term assets are more important than making the playoffs for one season, 1st, 2nd, and a decent prospect or roster player is what I'm guessing it takes. "Decent" means it won't be Zadina. Could be Mazur or Elmer, I suppose. Stevie won't trade Kasper, the team would have Horvat right now if he was willing to trade that kid.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Now all the reports are kind of haulting with debrincat. Maybe this is a negotiation back by yzerman

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Lebrun and Dreger talk about Debrincat 2:26 into the video in the link. Pretty much the Sens and Wings aren't close and the other teams can't make it work for cap reasons.

Reactions: wings95

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Hmm... Won't mind it if it's Zadina, 17, and the 2nd round pick.

Will really like it if he's paid under 8 million.

Be interesting to see if this is true.
I’ve been against trading for him. However if this is the proposed deal, or something close to that I’m all for it.

I do think low key ADB and Larkin would be fire together.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I suspect OTT is trying to negotiate via media.

They are going to end up stuck with DBC, be in the wild card hunt at the deadline, and lose him for nothing. Dorion would get fired if he traded him while they were trying to make the playoffs. He'll get fired when he loses him for nothing.

lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lebrun and Dreger talk about Debrincat 2:26 into the video in the link. Pretty much the Sens and Wings aren't close and the other teams can't make it work for cap reasons.

I understand Yzerman setting a price. If he makes it to UFA we are the likely spot. If they hold him for a trade deadline return he likely goes to a maxed out cap team with the cap so stagnant. Ottawa can hold out for a first, we could flip two of the two's to get a lower one. But if they have said 17 isn't moving for him I respect that decision. I think helps our team a lot, we need his goals and I agree with people thinking he could mesh with Larkin. He would make use of the space Larkin creates. The price and next contract has to be right though.

Reactions: wings95 and NickH8

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I suspect OTT is trying to negotiate via media.

They are going to end up stuck with DBC, be in the wild card hunt at the deadline, and lose him for nothing. Dorion would get fired if he traded him while they were trying to make the playoffs. He'll get fired when he loses him for nothing.

lol
Depends on if they make the playoffs or not.

Also, I don't think DeBrincat is gonna get what he wants in free agency either. Lots of UFA forwards next offseason. Then again, I said the same about Kadri....

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Now that could be Ottawa leaking that to the media to get Yzerman and co to come in with a better trade.

Yeah, again I’m going with anyone who says anything about “Detroit” feeling or thinking, I’m going to say they don’t know anything and are guessing, or straight up lying.

Literally on 32 thoughts yesterday they recounted a story of an agent saying that he asked Stevie Y why he never said “Oh, you have (kid), I really like him”, as just a pleasantry, and he was like “why would I tell you if I liked someone or not?” As it would give them leverage potentially down the line.

Not saying that the Wings may not be in on Cat, I’m just sure ain’t no one know about it

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013

at 35 minute mark roughly, Dreger says DRW "less than lukewarm" about DeBrincat

Funny stuff. So Dorion leaks to LeBrun that Detroit "isn't the front-runner" for DeBrincat to try to get Yzerman to up his offer, and now Yzerman leaks to Dreger that he is "less than lukewarm" on DeBrincat as a warning that Yzerman may move on if Dorion keeps dragging this out.

GMs spend all year feeding these insiders scoops so that they can cash in their chips for days like today.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
heard yzerman is luke warm at best on debrincat, thank god
The rebuild has been stagnant for a couple years now, and seems to be going nowhere. A 3 time 40 goal scorer falls into our lap and wants to play for us, but Yzerman is hesitant to get a trade done? Is he even interested in making the playoffs...? It's getting ridiculous to be honest, and eventually people will lose their patience. Because he's a Wings legend, fans love to praise him as the saviour, and love to say thinks like "TRUST THE YZERPLAN!!".

If he doesn't trade for DeBrincat, I don't even know what he's trying to do. I guess he just wants to miss the playoffs for 15 years in a row before actually attempting to build a good team? He's been at it for over 4 years now and the team still sucks. At what point is it acceptable to "question the YZERPLAN?" I think that time is now.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Locker room problem? Wrong guy for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad