Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Who was the guy complaining about all the draft prospect threads? Are you happy now? ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!?
This is so funny to me. If you go back and read what I posted you'll see that I wasn't actually complaining about the number of threads, just asking if it was excessive compared to other recent drafts. It wasn't until after people started getting all defensive about it that I started acting like a smart-ass.

I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic. Judging by everyone's reaction you'd think I was asking people about what size condom they wear.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
This is so funny to me. If you go back and read what I posted you'll see that I wasn't actually complaining about the number of threads, just asking if it was excessive compared to other recent drafts. It wasn't until after people started getting all defensive about it that I started acting like a smart-ass.

I didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic. Judging by everyone's reaction you'd think I was asking people about what size condom they wear.

Extra small. Special order from Norway

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I could see some shit like, Ottawa entertains other bidders, they lowball, and Dorion comes crawling back to Stevie for two 2nds.

I could see Yzerman scuttling the ship here completely. Depends on what talks they've had and how far along in the process they were exactly.

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I could see Yzerman scuttling the ship here completely. Depends on what talks they've had and how far along in the process they were exactly.

It’s far more likely that Yzerman has made his final offer and Dorion is trying to engage other teams.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Nov 2, 2018
It’s far more likely that Yzerman has made his final offer and Dorion is trying to engage other teams.

Sure. No arguments from me. But if say, it was a "done deal" and the Sens re-engaged other teams I could see Yzerman backing out. It's a speculative hypothetical situation, not by any means likely.

A summer time thought.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yzerman: It's this or nothing.

Dorion: Hear ye! Hear ye! Come one, come all! Top notch Debrincat for sale! Interested parties, form a line!

*crickets*

Yzerman: You about ready to stop messing around and accept my offer?

Dorion (dejected): Yeah.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007

No sweat, dude, I wasn't mad, I was more just using that interaction to express my disdain for this particular thread, or at least the first post that kicked it off :laugh:

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Let’s be honest: none of these “insiders” actually know what’s going on until the deal’s done and someone calls them to let them know.
For sure, but if we don't get him, Yzerman should be questioned.

DeBrincat:
-does he fit the timeline with the current core: check
-will he help the team considerably with his natural goal scoring ability: check
-does he want to play for Detroit? : check
-does Detroit have cap space to make it work?: check
-does Detroit have the assets to make the trade work?: check

There is no reason for Yzerman to not get this trade done. DeBrincat has fallen to our laps here, it would be a shame if Yzerman doesn't pull the plug in favour of the "process".

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Not really.

I think Zadina has zero or negative value currently. You have to pay a bit to get rid of him.

1st + 2nd for DeBrincat would be fair without Zadina, but Yzerman could have created that another 1st option, just to get rid of Zadina.

It's time to move on from him and look ahead, not in the past and have false hopes for his hopelessness.
Why would we pay to get rid of Zadina? There's a much easier option, we don't QO him.

We aren't in a cap crunch, his salary is meaningless this coming year, put him on waivers for the year and don't QO him next year to get rid of him.

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Yeah, He's one I'd hate to lose and could see why they would pull the trigger on him.
Because it's made up. I think all of us who have been Wings fans for a while fully understand that Yzerman's org isn't going to leak any info and while I don't know OTTs situation, I can fully imagine that Dorian knows Yzerman's proclivity for keeping shit quiet and wouldn't jeopardize any trades like that.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Nov 2, 2018
Because it's made up. I think all of us who have been Wings fans for a while fully understand that Yzerman's org isn't going to leak any info and while I don't know OTTs situation, I can fully imagine that Dorian knows Yzerman's proclivity for keeping shit quiet and wouldn't jeopardize any trades like that.

You mean to tell me @Dingleberry lied?

⢀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠘⣿⣿⡟⠲⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠈⢿⡇⠀⠀⠈⠑⠦⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢲⣾⣿⣿⠃ ⠀⠀⠈⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠓⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠖⠚⠉⠀⠀⢸⣿⡿⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡤⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⡟⠁⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠒⠒⠛⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠑⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢦⡀⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣶⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⣀⣀⠴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠁⠀⠀⠀⣠⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠀⠀⠀⢸⣀⣽⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣧⣨⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠿⠛⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢃⡤⠖⠒⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠤⠤⢤⡀⠀⠀⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢸⡀⠀⠀⢀⡗⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠤⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡁⠀⠀⠀⣹⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠙⠒⠒⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢺⡀⠀⠀⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠲⠴⠚⠁⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠦⠤⠴⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Let’s be honest: none of these “insiders” actually know what’s going on until the deal’s done and someone calls them to let them know.
I wouldn’t say “none” there are reputable insiders that have contacts with other GMs, agents and even players.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why would we pay to get rid of Zadina? There's a much easier option, we don't QO him.

We aren't in a cap crunch, his salary is meaningless this coming year, put him on waivers for the year and don't QO him next year to get rid of him.
If he gets waived this coming season he'll get bought out because his buyout is cheap and it saves real money. Remember when everyone said Abby wouldn't be bought out? Nielsen?

Since his buyout is so cheap, the Wings won't give up assets to trade him. Probably goes for "future considerations" at that point.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Newhook trade sets a bit of a standard.
Maybe. But only if teams are willing to follow suit, and if Ottawa is willing to refuse less and thereby risk losing him for nothing if they don't get a decent offer at the trade deadline.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Maybe. But only if teams are willing to follow suit, and if Ottawa is willing to refuse less and thereby risk losing him for nothing if they don't get a decent offer at the trade deadline.
Unless he's injured, he's gonna fetch a bare minimum of a 2nd and 3rd round pick at the deadline. Heck Brendan Smith and Nyquist went for that much.

More than likely that it will be a first rounder, which is why I don't think Ottawa will trade him for anything less.

Likewise if the asking price is too high, Stevie will let Ottawa go that route and DeBrincat will wind up being available as UFA if he's a deadline rental.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
And the money factor and age factor does come to play here. Alex isn't anywhere close to UFA. He has a really cheap deal right now and hasn't broken out yet where he will for sure get an 8mil contract. ADB has a lot more control of where he goes long term and his price sticker means not nearly as many teams can afford him.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Apparently Dorion said he’s unlikely to have a 1st in this years draft so take from that what you will.
I could see him saying this because everyone knows the red wings are the favorites right now (speculation) but by saying this out loud, he is telling the other 30 teams in the league that he would like a 1st coming back but has not received that in an offer.

So, he may be trying to lure other teams in to try and get a 1st round pick added to an offer. If true, then he is definitely trying hard lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad