Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
Reminder that this is a good hockey player that is fun to watch and would make the team more enjoyable to watch.

The hands in tight shown at 2:01 and 2:30 are sick. His ability to pick up a loose puck and fire it hard/accurately from a standstill is pretty ridiculous, as well as his hand-eye coordination on deflections and one timers.

How’s his skating? Above avg or closer to elite? Good?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Seriously, I cannot wait to see the sens board and on the debrincat trade rumors thread just go up in flames. Including some of you guys on here.

If it is true and we send over zadina + 2nd + late round pick (5-7) everyone here should be elated, even if debrincat signs a 8x8 contract. We would LITERALLY give up nothing for a possibility of a 40 goal scorer, 30 at minimum.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yzerman has said that he’s not trading any top prospects. So I doubt it’s Mazur going the other way
Please tell me it's Zadina, lol.

Mazur plus second makes sense though, you figure you can pick a comparable prospect in the first round. I would not put it past Stevie to sell high on a 3rd round prospect.

Should throw Zadina in there as a cap dump.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Seriously, I cannot wait to see the sens board and on the debrincat trade rumors thread just go up in flames. Including some of you guys on here.

If it is true and we send over zadina + 2nd + late round pick (5-7) everyone here should be elated, even if debrincat signs a 8x8 contract. We would LITERALLY give up nothing for a possibility of a 40 goal scorer, 30 at minimum.

NN would not be elated. Don’t put words in his moutg

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
NN would not be elated. Don’t put words in his moutg
Literally nothing would make that dude happy.

If we lifted the cup next year he would still be sitting here saying "Debrincat was a bad choice for the future but I guess its nice we win now. What's going to happen next year? We will probably be in the lottery again."

dosnt matter he’s a proven 40 goal scorer
Regardless, his skating is pretty good. It probably isn't elite, but it is above average for sure.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I have been as critical of Zadina as anyone on this board and keep the trebuchet oiled up and ready to go at any moment. That being said, I seriously don't mind him in the bottom six and at his stupid low salary. If he ends up at a 2M a year, 20-30pt guy in the bottom six, whatever. I don't see any urgency to throw him into a trade if no one is clamoring for him just as long as they don't give him any meaningful PP time and try to turn him into a Top-6 sniper, that boat has sailed.

Now if this trade is contingent on Zadina being included? I'll help him pack his bags for him.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I have been as critical of Zadina as anyone on this board and keep the trebuchet oiled up and ready to go at any moment. That being said, I seriously don't mind him in the bottom six and at his stupid low salary. If he ends up at a 2M a year, 20-30pt guy in the bottom six, whatever. I don't see any urgency to throw him into a trade if no one is clamoring for him just as long as they don't give him any meaningful PP time and try to turn him into a Top-6 sniper, that boat has sailed.

Now if this trade is contingent on Zadina being included? I'll help him pack his bags for him.

I'm with you on this take of Zadina.

He's a bust because of draft position, but if he was taken in the 4th round instead everyone would be celebrating him as a shrewd pickup. It's through that lens I try to view him. It's cheaper than whiskey and hurts less in the morning.

Reactions: Henkka

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Is Zadina's contract hurting us? No
Is Zadina a BETTER bottom sixer/checking line/energy line/whatever player than Suter/Veleno/Sundqvist/Erne/one of many players we can surely get as a UFA? Also no.

If some team is viewing him as a valuable asset in a trade, by all means send him off

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Is Zadina's contract hurting us? No
Is Zadina a BETTER bottom sixer/checking line/energy line/whatever player than Suter/Veleno/Sundqvist/Erne/one of many players we can surely get as a UFA? Also no.

If some team is viewing him as a valuable asset in a trade, by all means send him off

Today, I would take Zadina over any of the players you listed other than Suter. That doesn't mean that he's deserving of protection as a toss in. If another team want him, it's because there is probably enough there to make someone attempt a change of scenery shot in the dark.

Look at Fabbri. At 23 years old, Fabbri played 32 games and scored 2 goals and 6 points. In his 24 year old season, he played 9 games for St Louis, scored 1 goal and turned into a healthy scratch before being traded for Jacob De La Rose.

Zadina at 23 years old played 30 games and scored 3 goals and 7 points. He's entering his 24 year old season. Circumstances are a bit different, but Fabbri had lost the faith in St Louis and got a fresh start and turned into a guy who could pace for 40-50 points in a middle to top 6 role on a bad team. Maybe Zadina gets flipped to Ottawa and holds down a third line role and salvages a bit of a career.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
He's a proven 30 goal scorer who CAN give you 40 from time to time. We still desperately need 30 goal scorers too though.
He's a proven 40 goal scorer, not a guaranteed 40 goal scorer. 6 seasons played, 2 over 40, one cut short by Covid on pace for 50. That's as proven as one can get.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He's a proven 30 goal scorer who CAN give you 40 from time to time. We still desperately need 30 goal scorers too though.

This is ridiculous lol.

In 6 NHL seasons hes scored 40 goals twice and the covid shortened season he was on pace for over 50. His career pace is ~35 goals and that includes his rookie season.

Hes the definition of proven 40 goal scorer

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
He's a proven 40 goal scorer, not a guaranteed 40 goal scorer. 6 seasons played, 2 over 40, one cut short by Covid on pace for 50. That's as proven as one can get.

Like if he goes 33, 41, 42, 32, 36, 37, 43, 34 while here that's a guys who can score in the 30's and give you 40 from time to time. This would also be a proven 40 goal scorer to you. We're saying the same thing. It's just semantics.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad