Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Don't have to laugh. You did get the point. and not brayden one.

Compared to past draft picks Zadina, Cholowski, Svechnikov, those are kind of the first 2 better top picks.

It was comical to compare Raymonds level to Stamkos. But the Brayden one was legit funny! :) Sad part is that we don't have one of those either.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
4 YEARS, NO PLAYOFFS. Happy now?

Definitely will go 5 YEARS without a major trade this offseason, possibly more than 6 YEARS.

How many years does he get to use Kenny as an excuse? Most rebuilds happen a lot faster, the Wings are already on one of the longest streaks without playoffs.

Steve has been here 4 years and inherited almost nothing aside from Larkin. He also inherited a boatload of bad deals to wait out.

Reactions: Henkka

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I like Raymond but he's trending to a Tatar type winger... Which is fine. Still a good useful player and a good draft pick. Just not elite type guy.

Him and DeBrincat on separate-lines/PP's should be a boost. ( IF this trade happens. )

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I like Raymond but he's trending to a Tatar type winger... Which is fine. Still a good useful player and a good draft pick. Just not elite type guy.

Him and DeBrincat on separate-lines/PP's should be a boost. ( IF this trade happens. )

I don't know. Raymond is still 3 years younger than when Tatar entered the league full time. He has lots of time to develop.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

Let’s pump the breaks on the Raymond gonna be a Tatar level guy. He is 21 years old. He has a tun of time to develop. I still think he’s going to be a high end player

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Suggesting that if the DRW make a reasonable trade for a first line player under 26 years of age that it must mean automatic playoffs, rebuild over, get ready for another rebuild in 4 years though...

These same posters believe all DRW rebuilding picks before SY dont count (must mean all SY picks are amazing) and therefore he will 100% draft superstars every time he makes a selection.

Ridiculous..

The truth is in the middle

We can add a guy like Debrincat or Konecny while also continuing to draft relatively well and will still miss the playoffs in 2024 and that's okay.

But the roster, with this young addition, will be better for it in the long run which should be what we want..

If you think SY can draft his way to a cup with no 1st OA franchise picks, and acquiring only the perfect player at the perfect moment you're in for a rude awakening..

All this other nonsense has got to stop..

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I believe Steve is going to play a little chicken with Ottawa. I really don't think we give up 17 in the draft for either Dcat or Konecny. I think Steve is going to wait this first round out and see if Ottawa still has Dcat on their roster. If so I think Steve goes back and gets a deal done using our 2nd rounders.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Let’s pump the breaks on the Raymond gonna be a Tatar level guy. He is 21 years old. He has a tun of time to develop. I still think he’s going to be a high end player
Ok, well maybe you should pump the optimism down a bit... He's not shown he's a 30 goal scorer even yet with top line minutes.

We both can play this game. I actually hope you are right. I'm just throwing out my opinion of what I see.

Tatar's a good player too that's not a knock really. Multiple 20 goal scorer... Better than a player like Nyquist... Idk.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Ok, well maybe you should pump the optimism down a bit... He's not shown he's a 30 goal scorer even yet with top line minutes.

We both can play this game. I actually hope you are right. I'm just throwing out my opinion of what I see.

Tatar's a good player too that's not a knock really. Multiple 20 goal scorer...
He just had his second NHL season. The list of players who broke out as elite after 2 decent but not amazing seasons is very long. Writing Raymond off at this point is insane.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
He just had his second NHL season. The list of players who broke out as elite after 2 decent but not amazing seasons is very long. Writing Raymond off at this point is insane.
Who wrote him off.

Tatars a top six player on almost every NHL team. You want to crown Raymond elite, which he actually has not shown. Fine, could he get there, sure, I just don't currently see it, and it's not giving up on him, he'll still get loads of ice-time/PP.

How long is your list of elite players? It's subjective and mines like 10 players. An all those guys were good from the get. You don't get to whisper Brayden Point/Stamokos with Raymond. Both their 2nd seasons they broke out, 50+ goals and 30+ goals.

It's not a knock to say Raymond looks like a legit 20 goal scorer vs an elite winger in this league. It's still a pretty good pick.

Last edited:

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Who wrote him off.

Tatars a top six player on every NHL team. You want to crown him elite, which he actually has not shown.
The issue is that you compared him to Tatar; you did not make the argument directly that Raymond wouldn't be elite.

Raymond, as a 19 year old rookie scored 23 goals and 57 points in 82 games. Tatar, as a 23 year old in his first year as an NHL regular, scored 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games.

Raymond has 3 more years before he's as old as Tatar in his "breakout" season in Detroit, which was a lower point total than Raymond's rookie year. Raymond isn't "trending" to be Tatar. He's already as good as Tatar ever was for us.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

He's trending far better than players like Lafreniere, Byfield, Newhook, Rossi etc., all of which still have legit top line potential. Berggren/Lombardi etc. are more likely in the Tatar tier than Raymond.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
The issue is that you compared him to Tatar; you did not make the argument directly that Raymond wouldn't be elite.

Raymond, as a 19 year old rookie scored 23 goals and 57 points in 82 games. Tatar, as a 23 year old in his first year as an NHL regular, scored 19 goals and 39 points in 73 games.

Raymond has 3 more years before he's as old as Tatar in his "breakout" season in Detroit, which was a lower point total than Raymond's rookie year. Raymond isn't "trending" to be Tatar. He's already as good as Tatar ever was for us.

Yeah well one guys was on a third line with a playoff team and the other was getting 1st/2nd line minutes with PP time as a rookie.

Time on ice and opportunity matter a bit.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Who wrote him off.

Tatars a top six player on almost every NHL team. You want to crown him elite, which he actually has not shown.

How long is your list of elite players? It's subjective and mines like 10 players. An all those guys were good from the get. You don't get to whisper Brayden Point/Stamokos with Raymond. Both their 2nd seasons they broke out, 50+ goals and 30+ goals.

It's not a knock to say Raymond looks like a legit 20 goal scorer vs an elite winger in this league.
I’ll start off by saying I think way more than 10’players are elite. My definition is a PPG or above player during their prime. There’s a lot more than 10 guys who hit that level.

With that in mind, here’s a few guys I think are elite and took a few years post draft to get going:
Jack Hughes
Nathan mackinnon
Roope Hintz
Kyle connor
Nico Hischier
Clayton Keller

This was off the top of my head and there’s more. It’s not uncommon and Raymond has shown elite ability in the rNHL, just not consistently.

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
He's trending far better than players like Lafreniere, Byfield, Newhook, Rossi etc., all of which still have legit top line potential. Berggren/Lombardi etc. are more likely in the Tatar tier than Raymond.
Speaking of Rossi, for aome reason he has been in Minnesota's doghouse since he was sick right after the draft, but he was one of my favorites in that draft. If their done with him, I sure hope Steve takes a flier. He just neess a chance to play and I think he will succeed.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I can agree with this.

But again I'll double back to time on ice. Berggren his first season average 13 mins a night. Raymond average 18 mins.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah well one guys was on a third line with a playoff team and the other was getting 1st/2nd line minutes with PP time as a rookie.

Time on ice and opportunity matter a bit.

Sure, but that's missing the point. Tatar broke in 4 years older with more seasoning on a better team. If you think that Raymond is stagnant and never improves even the smallest amount, then yes, he will be as good as Tatar. If he gets marginally better, he will be better than Tatar.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Sure, but that's missing the point. Tatar broke in 4 years older with more seasoning on a better team. If you think that Raymond is stagnant and never improves even the smallest amount, then yes, he will be as good as Tatar. If he gets marginally better, he will be better than Tatar.

I guess this is our good debate. If DeBrincat is brought into town Raymonds opportunities should fall and ice time lessen than what it has been.

Maybe his numbers go down? Maybe they go up with less attention on the 2nd unit, etc. It'll be fun to watch, and I am rooting for him.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I’ll start off by saying I think way more than 10’players are elite. My definition is a PPG or above player during their prime. There’s a lot more than 10 guys who hit that level.

With that in mind, here’s a few guys I think are elite and took a few years post draft to get going:
Jack Hughes
Nathan mackinnon
Roope Hintz
Kyle connor
Nico Hischier
Clayton Keller

This was off the top of my head and there’s more. It’s not uncommon and Raymond has shown elite ability in the rNHL, just not consistently.

Thats ok, and you aren't wrong just, the conversation now is like trying to convince someone county music is the best when they're into original rock'n'roll. Or which flavors the best... lol. Pretty subjective and mostly an opinion.

Last edited:

RedHawkDown

Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Thats ok, and you aren't wrong just, the conversation now is like trying to convince someone county music is the best when they're into original rock'n'roll. Or which flavors the best... lol. Pretty subjective and mostly an opinion.
Fair enough. I’ll say if Raymond can become like anyone on my list, that’s a much much better player than Tatar.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Raymond is just 7 months older than the guy that just won the Calder with 57pts. At the time that Chiarot trucked him in practice he was trending towards a 55-60pt season after his slow start (2pt in 7gp).

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Suggesting that if the DRW make a reasonable trade for a first line player under 26 years of age that it must mean automatic playoffs, rebuild over, get ready for another rebuild in 4 years though...

These same posters believe all DRW rebuilding picks before SY dont count (must mean all SY picks are amazing) and therefore he will 100% draft superstars every time he makes a selection.

Ridiculous..

The truth is in the middle

We can add a guy like Debrincat or Konecny while also continuing to draft relatively well and will still miss the playoffs in 2024 and that's okay.

But the roster, with this young addition, will be better for it in the long run which should be what we want..

If you think SY can draft his way to a cup with no 1st OA franchise picks, and acquiring only the perfect player at the perfect moment you're in for a rude awakening..

All this other nonsense has got to stop..
This my fellow Wings fans is how you pack as much hyperbole into one post as possible.

Stop using generalizations and trying to paint everyone with one brush stroke.

I mean you can't even accurately describe anyone else's take on this much less group people together.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
If people are so in favor of getting DeBrincat, maybe we can also get the main weapon for him - Patrick Kane? I'm sure Rangers won't be able to keep him. At least, with these two guys we are a playoff team.

What happens next is another story though. Likely no cup and another rebuild in 4 years, but at least majority here will be satisfied.
The Wings fan in me wants to puke at the thought of Kane in red and white. But the Wings fan in me wants another 40 goal scorer on our team.

Reactions: DamonDRW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad