Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This my fellow Wings fans is how you pack as much hyperbole into one post as possible.

Stop using generalizations and trying to paint everyone with one brush stroke.

I mean you can't even accurately describe anyone else's take on this much less group people together.
Hyperbole?

How so?

Is anything I said NOT been brought up or mentioned here on this site as reason(s) SY should not bring in via trade Alex Debrincat or similar player?

W

Reactions: SoupNazi

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Anyone else concerned about Debrincat's -31 +/- rating for a decent Ottawa team last year? Or am I reading too much into it?

Not trading for and paying him for his defensive contributions. With players like Seider, Edvinsson, Walman, Wallinder, Johansson, etc. being the foundation of the D core, you kind need to operate with the expectation that we have the makings of a top tier defensive unit.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Lol, just heard someone call on the radio not long ago and say Debrincat wants to come here cause he loves the lake life in the summer.

Guy claimed his parents live on the same lake Debrincat does and he's actually talk to Debrincat many times.

Lol, idk how true that is. I just laughed. Lake life in Michigan during the summer is something else.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I want to see Debrincat next to Larkin sooooo bad

I’m confident Larks could put up 90 points and shut up the doubters

Lol, just heard someone call on the radio not long ago and say Debrincat wants to come here cause he loves the lake life in the summer.

Guy claimed his parents live on the same lake Debrincat does and he's actually talk to Debrincat many times.

Lol, idk how true that is. I just laughed. Lake life in Michigan during the summer is something else.

We all get a bit drunk here in the summer lol. I think it’s got to do with the 6 months of misery that is a Michigan winter

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

That is pretty funny. He can come here for summer if he is a member of any team. And buy houses on multiple lakes.

Reactions: Snuggs

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Suggesting that if the DRW make a reasonable trade for a first line player under 26 years of age that it must mean automatic playoffs, rebuild over, get ready for another rebuild in 4 years though...

These same posters believe all DRW rebuilding picks before SY dont count (must mean all SY picks are amazing) and therefore he will 100% draft superstars every time he makes a selection.

Ridiculous..

The truth is in the middle

We can add a guy like Debrincat or Konecny while also continuing to draft relatively well and will still miss the playoffs in 2024 and that's okay.

But the roster, with this young addition, will be better for it in the long run which should be what we want..

If you think SY can draft his way to a cup with no 1st OA franchise picks, and acquiring only the perfect player at the perfect moment you're in for a rude awakening..

All this other nonsense has got to stop..

Hyperbole?

How so?

Is anything I said NOT been brought up or mentioned here on this site as reason(s) SY should not bring in via trade Alex Debrincat or similar player?

W
I highlighted the hyperbole for you. I highly doubt more than 1 or 2 people actually believe that crap, most of us who do oppose signing Debrincat is because he's a tiny winger and we have bigger needs than filling a spot that is the least important position on a team much less one that could cost us both assets in trade and a chunk of cap space.

Use those assets + more to acquire what we actually need, Centers and better defensemen also use an asset to get rid of Chiarot. I'd rather us be trading and overstocking centers who can be pushed out to wing than wingers who don't move the needle.

Here's an analogy for you, if your car needs a new drive train and a mirror, you don't buy the mirror first, you buy the damn drive train and get it fixed, mirrors are nice but they aren't getting you down the road.

Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I highlighted the hyperbole for you. I highly doubt more than 1 or 2 people actually believe that crap, most of us who do oppose signing Debrincat is because he's a tiny winger and we have bigger needs than filling a spot that is the least important position on a team much less one that could cost us both assets in trade and a chunk of cap space.

Use those assets + more to acquire what we actually need, Centers and better defensemen also use an asset to get rid of Chiarot. I'd rather us be trading and overstocking centers who can be pushed out to wing than wingers who don't move the needle.

Here's an analogy for you, if your car needs a new drive train and a mirror, you don't buy the mirror first, you buy the damn drive train and get it fixed, mirrors are nice but they aren't getting you down the road.

I 100% support posters who articulate reasoned based opinions against acquiring Debrincat and in favour of similar aged players who are as skilled but are centers or dmen..

Suggesting however a young 1st line winger who has and can put up 40 goals and 75plus pts as the least important position on a team is the definition of hyperbole.

More than 1 or 2 posters have articulated that acquiring Debrincat at best dosent guarantee playoffs in 2024 or at worst will lead to another rebuild build within a few short years. Neither is accurate as Debrincat would not be brought in to assure playoffs next season or be solely responsible for triggering another rebuild.

As far as the DRW rebuild, yes, it is mentioned repeatedly how the rebuild did not start when we began missing the playoffs and selling off assets for the chance at a higher pick, but rather, only in 2019. That's not accurate.

That analogy is nonsense. I've rebuilt a classic car and I bought what I could when I could as it became available, for in the end I was attempting to rebuild an entire car. I didnt just buy the seats and announce Mission Accomplished I kept working.

Reactions: jkutswings

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Get the definite sense that many here would buy the mirror first, not because it's cheaper or more important, but just because ...

Reactions: 13to40

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like Raymond but he's trending to a Tatar type winger... Which is fine. Still a good useful player and a good draft pick. Just not elite type guy.

Him and DeBrincat on separate-lines/PP's should be a boost. ( IF this trade happens. )

Yeah well one guys was on a third line with a playoff team and the other was getting 1st/2nd line minutes with PP time as a rookie.

Time on ice and opportunity matter a bit.

JFC, this board is ridiculous some times.

Tatar came into the league 4 years older than Raymond and guess what? His career high in points is 4 points higher than Raymonds ROOKIE season. Known as a consistent goal scorer, his career high in goals was 6 goals higher than Raymonds ROOKIE season.

I dont care about your PP time/opportunity because Tatar has had a tonne of both his whole career, and has still managed to have a career high in points of 4 points higher than Raymond as a 19 year old.

Such a ridiculous statement

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Get the definite sense that many here would buy the mirror first, not because it's cheaper or more important, but just because ...

I think they'd buy the mirror cause the car didnt have any, they were available and they needed them, but that they would simultaneously continue rebuilding the engine and transmission

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

Tatar came into the league 4 years older than Raymond and guess what? His career high in points is 4 points higher than Raymonds ROOKIE season. Known as a consistent goal scorer, his career high in goals was 6 goals higher than Raymonds ROOKIE season.

I dont care about your PP time/opportunity because Tatar has had a tonne of both his whole career, and has still managed to have a career high in points of 4 points higher than Raymond as a 19 year old.

Seriously. If you're disappointed with Raymond at this point and project him as Tatar, then I think you should just skip tonight's draft. The odds that anyone we take today is any better than Raymond at this point in their career are damn near zero. Your can't have it both ways. Get excited about Benson or Dvorsky or whoever, by all means. Just also accept that they're probably not going to be all stars by the time they're 21. Sure, it's a great sign when someone breaks into the league and scores 90 points at 19. That almost never happens, even for 1st OA picks. It's baffling to me that we get so excited about these guys before the draft and by 21 are calling them finished products. FFS, Raymond so far is what you hope that you get out of any of these guys.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
at first i thought overpayment but now im down. potential 40 goal scorer still young. going to be awhile til anyone you get from the draft can do that.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
You know it's the off-season when you have guys trying to say Raymond is a Tatar level player.

If Raymond didn't get trucked in practice by a damn teammate (Chiarot is a disaster) he would have likely surpassed Tatar's career high in his sophomore season as a 20 year old.

Raymond will be a consistent 20-50-70 player when all is said and done, which is more than Tatar has been or will ever be.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

I fall victim to it sometimes.

It's amazing when you look at capfriendly and see that raymond is only 21. My god.

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
I 100% support posters who articulate reasoned based opinions against acquiring Debrincat and in favour of similar aged players who are as skilled but are centers or dmen..

Suggesting however a young 1st line winger who has and can put up 40 goals and 75plus pts as the least important position on a team is the definition of hyperbole.

More than 1 or 2 posters have articulated that acquiring Debrincat at best dosent guarantee playoffs in 2024 or at worst will lead to another rebuild build within a few short years. Neither is accurate as Debrincat would not be brought in to assure playoffs next season or be solely responsible for triggering another rebuild.

As far as the DRW rebuild, yes, it is mentioned repeatedly how the rebuild did not start when we began missing the playoffs and selling off assets for the chance at a higher pick, but rather, only in 2019. That's not accurate.

That analogy is nonsense. I've rebuilt a classic car and I bought what I could when I could as it became available, for in the end I was attempting to rebuild an entire car. I didnt just buy the seats and announce Mission Accomplished I kept working.
Wing is literally the least important position. That's not hyperbole. Can the average winger play center? No, but the average center can in fact play wing. Centers and Defense are vastly more important than the wing position.

You're probably referring to one of my posts regarding a short bubble window situation, getting impatient and rushing the rebuild by trading a bunch of assets to acquire a few parts does in fact create a situation where we strip the cupboards for a shot at the playoffs where we will be executed pretty quickly.

Accurate? Holland's attempt at a rebuild got him shown the door. When Yzerman took over is when the current rebuild started, Holland's crap was never going to do anything other than making us a very long term bubble team at best with no real chance at being a threat. To Holland's credit, he had about as much lottery luck as Yzerman has had so far, only Yzerman has found better players to use those draft picks on vs the crap Holland drafted in the early first round.

We aren't building a classic car, we're building a daily driver that needs to get on down the road. Yzerman may have a fairly long leash but at some point, there needs to be progress shown for him to continue his plan. We've started seeing some progress and using those assets/cap space to acquire something on point will get us better progress than a meaningless winger.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Wing is literally the least important position. That's not hyperbole. Can the average winger play center? No, but the average center can in fact play wing. Centers and Defense are vastly more important than the wing position.
I would consider the brain a bit more important than the bladder. That doesn't mean I wanna go the route of a colostomy bag.

A scoring (ideally play driving) wing would be a massive help on this roster, and if that's the best available player at 9 or 17 or whatever, then just take the talent and run with it.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would consider the brain a bit more important than the bladder. That doesn't mean I wanna go the route of a colostomy bag.
Technically, if both the bladder and bowel are draining into a colostomy, it's called a double barrel wet colostomy.
the-more-you-know-star.gif

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

You're probably referring to one of my posts regarding a short bubble window situation, getting impatient and rushing the rebuild by trading a bunch of assets to acquire a few parts does in fact create a situation where we strip the cupboards for a shot at the playoffs where we will be executed pretty quickly.

Accurate? Holland's attempt at a rebuild got him shown the door. When Yzerman took over is when the current rebuild started, Holland's crap was never going to do anything other than making us a very long term bubble team at best with no real chance at being a threat. To Holland's credit, he had about as much lottery luck as Yzerman has had so far, only Yzerman has found better players to use those draft picks on vs the crap Holland drafted in the early first round.

We aren't building a classic car, we're building a daily driver that needs to get on down the road. Yzerman may have a fairly long leash but at some point, there needs to be progress shown for him to continue his plan. We've started seeing some progress and using those assets/cap space to acquire something on point will get us better progress than a meaningless winger.

I agree that generally speaking centers and dmen are more important than wingers..

I would disagree with any notion that skilled, 70 to 80 pt, first line wingers are less important than 2nd or 3rd line two way centers or depth dmen or with any suggestion that acquiring 1 precludes you from acquiring the other..

We can do both.

I honestly do not think SY is capable of reliably drafting a high end first line center or first pairing dman with pick #17(lets assume that's the asset lost in a trade) because that is damn hard to do.

We're rebuilding a classic car as we're a classic franchise that was stripped down of all its parts.
If we were just building a daily driver, then a quick fix at the garage would have sufficed, KH would still be our GM, and we would be cruising down the hwy..

You're right though, while SY does have a long leash and progress has to be shown, it just doesn't have to be the finished product..

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
13. Filip Zadina
Right Wing, Detroit Red Wings
Stats: 30 GP, 3 G, 4 A, 7 Pts
Contract: 2 more seasons, $1.85 million AAV
Scoop: Zadina is no stranger to the Trade Targets board. He appeared on it last season as well. GM Steve Yzerman was efforting to find a new home for Zadina the last couple weeks. The 2018 No. 6 overall pick hasn’t lived up to the hype, billed then to be a sniper. Teams are concerned about his penchant to play around the perimeter, but wonder if he can still become the high-volume shooter and scorer that’s in his archetype. Zadina could be used in part of a package for the Red Wings to potentially go after DeBrincat.

This is from dailyfaceoff. So Yzerman has been trying to get rid of zadina for a bit.

I mean, I feel like Larkin is ancient but he's still 26.
Right? Technically, Larkin is supposedly (historically speaking for forwards?) hitting his prime right now.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Zadina is a throw in not a center piece unless Yzerman is taking finessing to new bounds
As my man macklemore says...

one man's trash is another man's come up

(thank your grandad for donating that plaid button up shirt cuz now I'm up in her skirt skirt) anyways..

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

Nah, you're just hyperbolic. Tatar has 8 years of 20 goals or more, 1 with 19 goals. That's pretty good.

It's not bad saying Raymond, imo, looks like a 50 point type player vs a guy getting 60 plus points annually.

It's not that ridiculous when you take the names out.

Hope I'm wrong and it is "ridiculous" when he pots 40 this year like you think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad