Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
I honestly would say yes, he is better than both because we can get another berggren. I think debrincat is better than tarasenko at this point in their careers and health concerns favors debrincat.

Berggren's are a dime a dozen (at his current level of play). We can get another one of him or we already have him in our system (doucet? Hanas? etc)
You and I have very Different opinions on Berggren.
He is a great player with a very unique profile before he entered the league. Last year was his rookie season and people act like what we saw him do playing 12 mins a night with Czarnik/Erne/Suter ect is his ceiling. It’s absurd.
He is going to be a 50+ point scorer atleast.
Coulfnt you use that math formula for every single move made across the league?

Yes and that is why when a good player making a lot of money gets traded. People are usually disappointed with the return. And you can cue up the ‘that’s all he got’ comments.

But when a relative plug like Jenerott (sp?), who is making peanuts gets traded. People go crazy that it was a massive overpay. In that case it probably was… but point remains they paid the premium because of his salary.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I will say that when I first watched this:

My initial two reactions were, one, I've seen Kubalik score a lot of those same goals, and two, the vast majority of Debrincat's goals are him finishing off good plays by other players.

Not that that second point is not an important skill, but it's not like DBC is creating/driving the play that results in a goal.

The one timer threat is way more real with DeBrincat, especially on the power play.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Cool we can all hold onto Kubalik and watch him leave next summer after he wants 5x5 in his next contract.

My initial two reactions were, one, I've seen Kubalik score a lot of those same goals, and two, the vast majority of Debrincat's goals are him finishing off good plays by other players.

Not that that second point is not an important skill, but it's not like DBC is creating/driving the play that results in a goal.

You can have that take away from watching Larkin's goal video as well. He had 16 PPG so most of his just look like he barely did anything, except you know score. Like what he finished a Seider pass? What a scrub!

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011

Kubalik spent most of his time this year being centered by Larkin, DeBrincat spent most of his time with Shane Pinto. Cat still had 100 more shots on goal than Kubalik.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
The one timer threat is way more real existent with DeBrincat, especially on the power play.
Fixed that for you. But yes will be great to have the option. While Larkin, Raymond, and Kubalik can occasionally score by firing a bullet we haven’t really had a pure quality trigger man like Debrincat in a long time, I’m talking like decade plus now.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
That is incorrect.
ROz7k2L.png

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Pretty sure you know what I mean, bud.
How am I supposed to know what you mean if you don't say it?

"Kubalik spent most of his time this year being centered by Larkin"

And

"Kubalik spent more time with Larkin than any other center."

Are two very different statements. One is correct. The other is not.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You and I have very Different opinions on Berggren.
He is a great player with a very unique profile before he entered the league. Last year was his rookie season and people act like what we saw him do playing 12 mins a night with Czarnik/Erne/Suter ect is his ceiling. It’s absurd.
He is going to be a 50+ point scorer atleast.
No, I'm with you. I believe he is going to be a great player that will always find a way on the roster, make no mistake; however, we found nyquist, tatar, and others that fit the somewhat same profile.

Berggren's skillset is fantastic and watching his passes are absolutely great to see. I wouldn't want him to be traded because I value him in this sense; however, debrincat fills the absolute need for this team in goal scoring.

As of now, I think everyone who has made their lines with potentially adding debrincat doesn't have berggren on the same line. Berggren will be at his absolute best when (especially point producing wise with his passing ability) would be with a pure goal scorer like a backstrom/ovechkin type situation.

The one timer threat is way more real with DeBrincat, especially on the power play.
It's also very real with his sniping ability with his wrist shot. There are a few times where he repositions to above the circles and almost in the slot where he can rip it where he wants to. Get a semi decent net front guy (rasmussen) to just be annoying in front of the net and he can wrist shot his way to 10-15 goals on the pp.

And before people start saying it, no that is not something anyone can just do because if that were the case, then raymond and other would have done it. A goal scorer has that thought process, not a pass first player.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Now add up the other centers. He was centered by someone other than Larkin more than he was centered by Larkin.
why don't you do the work to prove the guy is wrong? because at this point you are trying to make arguments with no factual evidence, just "that is incorrect".

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
How am I supposed to know what you mean if you don't say it?

"Kubalik spent most of his time this year being centered by Larkin"

And

"Kubalik spent more time with Larkin than any other center."

Are two very different statements. One is correct. The other is not.
I think if you were arguing in good faith you would be making the same argument about DeBrincat and Pinto. You're just being pedantic because you're mad that we're about to trade for a player you don't like.

Reactions: Bench

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

One of Gretzky's famous lines was that he wasn't the best player with the puck, he was the best player on the ice because he knew where the puck was going.

I do not care if debrincat cannot drive the play, i do care if he can score and that is something he can do a lot better than anyone on our roster.

I did. Which is why I stated that it was incorrect.
lol you proved it by saying he is incorrect? oh and you bolded a statement?

where is your table and chart and graph or literally anything that proves the statement that he made is incorrect?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think if you were arguing in good faith you would be making the same argument about DeBrincat and Pinto. You're just being pedantic because you're mad that we're about to trade for a player you don't like.
What does DeBrincat and Pinto have to do with anything?

DeBrincat was on the ice with Pinto 59.8% of the time. Kubalik was on the ice with Larkin 41.6% of the time.

One is correctly described as most of the time and the other not.

One of Gretzky's famous lines was that he wasn't the best player with the puck, he was the best player on the ice because he knew where the puck was going.

I do not care if debrincat cannot drive the play, i do care if he can score and that is something he can do a lot better than anyone on our roster.

lol you proved it by saying he is incorrect? oh and you bolded a statement?

where is your table and chart and graph or literally anything that proves the statement that he made is incorrect?
It's the same source as BigEd used.

1688767333505.png

That's Kubalik's total ice time. 1208. Guess what 502:54 is not. Most of 1208.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
ok so idk if this is the topic to ask this. What IF

this whole thing is dragging because SY is trying to get ADB and then sign Kane and have an all American line?

Batter up, hear that call.
The time has come for one and all...
To play ball.

We're the members of the All American League.
We come from cities near and far.
We've got Canadians, Irish ones and Swedes.
We're all for one, we're one for all, we're all American.

Each girl stands, her head so proudly high.
Her motto "Do or Die".
She's not the one to use or need an alibi.

Our chaperones are not too soft, they're not too tough.
Our managers are on the ball.
We've got a president who really knows his stuff.
We're all for one, we're one for all, we're all American.

People keep saying DeBrincat is better than Berggren, so that would be a good trade.
But that is too simplistic of an analysis.
It doesn’t factor Salary cap $$ = opportunity.

The question you should be asking, is DeBrincat better than Berggren and Tarasenko? Because that combined cap hit, would equal DeBrincat’s hit.

Exhibit A; Ottawa has no chance of signing Tank with DeBrincat still on the team. If they trade for Berggren. It will allow them to sign Tank, when it would be otherwise impossible to do so.

If we trade Berggren and a 1st or something…. Ottawa could end up getting all of Tarasenko, Berggren and a 1st round pick by trading DeBrincat.
They would mop the floor… when they were supposed to be behind the 8 ball!

Good lord this is dumb

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
What does DeBrincat and Pinto have to do with anything?

DeBrincat was on the ice with Pinto 59.8% of the time. Kubalik was on the ice with Larkin 41.6% of the time.

One is correctly described as most of the time and the other not.

It's the same source as BigEd used.

View attachment 727063

That's Kubalik's total ice time. 1208. Guess what 502:54 is not. Most of 1208.
Ah, so this is what its like when you actually prove what you are saying when you tell other people are wrong. You should do it more often

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kubalik spent most of his time this year being centered by Larkin, DeBrincat spent most of his time with Shane Pinto. Cat still had 100 more shots on goal than Kubalik.
Direct shots. Easy to save. Bad shooting percentage thanks to that. No Kane feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad