Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Enjoyed reading the trade thread over on the main board. Lots of assumptions and a few pinches of salt. Sens fans acting like Yzerman is under the gun and will back-up a Brinks truck in Ottawa to land DeBrincat. Worth a view if bored.

Now back to Columbo.
Wouldn’t this deal be done if that was the e atmosphere.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Wouldn’t this deal be done if that was the e atmosphere.
Someone mentioned arbitration numbers being a factor, think there is a chance the trade has been determined and Yzerman is willing to give max term to Debrincat but it's gonna be a number from an arbitrator? It's obvious Yzerman is the when stalling this or some other team would be trying to get him but really no one that could want him has the cao space for it. Dorian would be a fool to let him play out the year and receive nothing to goto Detroit for nothing in the off season. it's not like they are contenders and I'm pretty sure he is aware of that.

After that was mentioned and I thought about it, that's my take. Yzerman holds ALL the cards and gonna be the first time in a long time Detroit has something going their way. My prediction if it happens is it for under 8mil a year and a 1st is not a part of a deal.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
“If we see that we can’t get anything done, we have to do what’s best for the team because we’re most likely going to be a cap team next year. At $7.65 million instead of $9 million for Alex DeBrincat, that maybe helps us to sign another player that we want to get.”

Can't find where I found this article.

Yzerman is gonna low ball big time a d may get it. He's not desperate and very could tell Debrincat if you want to come you have to come for less because I am trying to build a contender.

This is gonna turn out to be a full on Power Yzerman move. Book it. Wether Debrincat performs is one thing but for what Yzerman will pull off to get him here is gonna end up being a statement.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
This thread is hockey history at this point

I think we have to hit Debrincat's jersey number + expected goals + contract in posts to qualify! I will email the Internet History Officer to confirm and get back to you.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Still. Just. Waiting.

10th-david.gif

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Enjoyed reading the trade thread over on the main board. Lots of assumptions and a few pinches of salt. Sens fans acting like Yzerman is under the gun and will back-up a Brinks truck in Ottawa to land DeBrincat. Worth a view if bored.

Now back to Columbo.
Now, uh, Pierre… me and the missus wanna have you over in Peterborough to test out our new side by sides. She’s really lookin forward to it.

The thing is… she doesn’t like all this hockey talk. I hope we can get this done.

And, uh, one more thing…. I know you’re trying to sign Tarasenko, so any first is off the table.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
Seems pretty difficult, but NYI would need some extra time to work a trade given the cap complexity, just saying

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I get that I'm seen as some batshit lunatic, but if you were to give Kubalik the exact role that everyone is expecting DeBrincat to get here. IE 14 minutes ES stapled to Larkin and 3-4 of PP1 with no BS of getting yanked up and down the lineup or hell out of the lineup. Treat him as if he were a $8M scoring winger rather than a $2.5M depth signing he gets 30+40 easy.
Only if the next CBA they extend the season to 150 games.

• Haha
Reactions: The Zermanator

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

I think there are enough nonsensical details that I question the article altogether, but I agree with the overall premise that Detroit could put together a better offer than New York, assuming that Ottawa is set on signing Tarasenko and thus needs picks/prospects/ELC players rather than anybody established with a higher salary.

Reactions: SoupNazi

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
My own sense is that Ottawa has better packages on the table for DeBrincat, but are contingent on DeBrincat signing an extension. Dorion is basically hoping for a miracle where DeBrincat has a change of heart and agrees to deal elsewhere. I also doubt Yzerman lets this go on past the weekend. Ultimately this is the off-season for the GMs as well and I am sure he would like to get away from the grind for a little bit.

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
My own sense is that Ottawa has better packages on the table for DeBrincat, but are contingent on DeBrincat signing an extension. Dorion is basically hoping for a miracle where DeBrincat has a change of heart and agrees to deal elsewhere. I also doubt Yzerman lets this go on past the weekend. Ultimately this is the off-season for the GMs as well and I am sure he would like to get away from the grind for a little bit.
The way this is headed Yzerman and crew might take the rest of the month off and get back to it in August.

raymond23

lgrw
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Every other fan in the league is tripping over themselves to dunk on the Wings/Stevie for the draft and FA signings. It's laughable, especially with people like Ottawa fans, who were mismanaged for well over a decade and ran franchise players out of town.

There’s a poll about Yzerman not being an above average GM and it’s the most delusional thing I’ve ever seen on here

Honestly I think the other fans know little to nothing about the Wings situation and it shows big time outside of this forum

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Generally fans dont know all the ins and outs of other teams situations, cap structure, prospect depth and analysis, draft strategy, minor league systems, etc..

I think SY is taking some hits because he was and still is praised so heavily and annointed as being some biblical type saviour.

When you study and learn more about the DRW you realize how good of a job overall he has done, but, that dosent mean every move or decision he makes is the best one..

Reactions: Henkka

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
Hey Stevie…..hurry the F up and get this done! Also, did you guys see the rumor Patrick Kane wants to play with ADC as well? Talk about adding scoring!

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
Sens fans are like slapped around, red-headed step children.

Their team has never and likely will never win anything. They're like Wings fans were in the "dead Wings" era, or like we've been during this never-ending rebuild.

Their ownership is in a constant state of hatred or change. Their barn is in the middle of nowhere and the city has been debating about a new spot since it opened.

Established players don't want to go there even though the city itself is pretty nice. They're likely counting the days until Brady Tkachuk wants out in this new era of players holding their teams hostage for trades out of town.

You cannot blame them for being upset about DeBrincat wanting out. It sucks that they're losing a pretty good player for no reason and no real return at all.

Sometimes being a fan isn't fun.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WingsToPick4th

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad