Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Just did some quick math.

Detroit's forwards scored a total of 193 goals last season playing roughly 984 games combined (12 forwards x 82 games). That gives you a g/gp of 0.20.

If you limit it to the top 5 goalscorers on the team (Larkin/Perron/Kubalik/Raymond/Berggren) you have 108 goals in 384 games for 0.28 g/gp.

Debrincat has 187 goals in 450 career games for 0.42g/gp. He is a significant upgrade to the team in probably their weakest area. I reaaaaaally want this trade to get done.
Cliff notes:
We can't score, DeBrincat can. We want him.

Reactions: The Zermanator
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This is getting a bit ridiculous at this point. Dorion needs to make up his mind and either trade him to the Wings or trade him to the Islanders. It's gone on for far too long....

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
So according to WWP, Yzerman sent an offer and won't budge from it. Ottawa GM doesn't want to accept that offer, but knows if he doesn't, DBC walks at the end of his contract and the Sens get nothing. So Yzerman is waiting for the Ottawa GM to blink on his lowball offer.
When is the end of his contract? And can he pull a Zadina and just sign with the Wings?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
When is the end of his contract? And can he pull a Zadina and just sign with the Wings?

Looks like he signed a 3-year extension on October 03, 2019. I believe as an RFA his qualifying offer is $9M for a 1-year deal, but the team taking him to arbitration (which would be held next month, if things take that long) could lower that number as much as 15 percent (drop from $9M to $7.65M).

So no, he cannot just terminate his deal. But depending on how vocal he is about who he is or isn't willing to play for (including Ottawa), there could be significant pressure to get something finalized by early August.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I listen to WWP and mostly it just sounds like they are guessing as to what is happening. Pretty much just like us, they don't know anything.
They are good guys to listen to opinions on things that have already happened. They aren't going to break any news.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
If this deal falls through we should go after Nylander. We need offense.

Nylander is very likely unavailable, and in my opinion will cost exponentially more than DeBrincat while not being much better.

I think the players we should also consider targeting are from teams outside of the playoff picture that won't break the bank.

Anaheim: Troy Terry
Arizona: Clayton Keller, Nick Schmaltz or Lawson Crouse
Philadelphia: Travis Konecny
Saint Louis: Pavel Bucnevich
San Jose: Logan Couture (I know he's 33 but he's still got good hockey left in him.)
Vancouver: Andrei Kuzmenko, Brock Boeser
Winnipeg: Kyle Connor, Nikolaj Ehlers

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Nylander is very likely unavailable, and in my opinion will cost exponentially more than DeBrincat while not being much better.

I think the players we should also consider targeting are from teams outside of the playoff picture that won't break the bank.

San Jose: Logan Couture (I know he's 33 but he's still got good hockey left in him.)

I think Keller and Connor would both break the bank.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Longer it goes, it will be worse for the Sens.

Think it's all the time better for us.

eh to an extent

right now there's pressure on Ottawa to deal him because they know he's not gonna be around after next year anyways and would like to be able to use the cap space on something that would be around longer than 1 year like Tarasenko

but if it drags on long enough and they commit to keeping him next year the price will go up

Reactions: rangersblues

J15

Mar 18, 2009
So according to WWP, Yzerman sent an offer and won't budge from it. Ottawa GM doesn't want to accept that offer, but knows if he doesn't, DBC walks at the end of his contract and the Sens get nothing. So Yzerman is waiting for the Ottawa GM to blink on his lowball offer.
Where did they say this?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

Would love Kyle Connor on the wings

If it ends up being Fabbri and a 2nd, I will laugh my ass off
Your ass is staying on.

Reactions: rangersblues

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
I think Keller and Connor would both break the bank.

Maybe. But I think it's worth inquiring on both players. Everyone thought Chychrun would break the bank. 4+ 1st rounders, etc, etc. The guy ended up traded for almost exactly what Hronek cost.

EDIT: Also, I'd gamble that getting Keller is more likely to put Detroit in the postseason than DeBrincat would, and would trade our 1st with top 10 protection + a conditional 2nd (turns into a 2026 1st if Detroit makes it to the 2nd round) + Veleno and/or a B prospect.

Reactions: norrisnick

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
I'd go Kubalik + 2nd + Berggren + 1st + Veleno + Reimer + conditional 2026 7th*

*if Debrincat scores 40 goals, Ottawa receives the 7th

Let's get it done, boys!

Kubalik + Berggren = likely 40 goals this year.
DeBrincat alone = 30-40 goals in Detroit.

I don't know if that's the fix we're looking for.

Reactions: norrisnick

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Kubalik + Berggren = likely 40 goals this year.
DeBrincat alone = 30-40 goals in Detroit.

I don't know if that's the fix we're looking for.
I get that I'm seen as some batshit lunatic, but if you were to give Kubalik the exact role that everyone is expecting DeBrincat to get here. IE 14 minutes ES stapled to Larkin and 3-4 of PP1 with no BS of getting yanked up and down the lineup or hell out of the lineup. Treat him as if he were a $8M scoring winger rather than a $2.5M depth signing he gets 30+40 easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad