Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Dealing Berggren in this has always made sense to me. I know it will upset a lot of the fan-base but Debrincat is a massive upgrade.
I don't think it is the fan base getting upset. Berggren is great for what he does, but the problem is that what he does can be found again (and we may even have that already in the pipeline, time will tell).

I have been perfectly fine adding berggren in even if there was no extension because we can get another one later if needed. Now, if he was 6'2'' with those hands, and have been producing for a few years, then I would have pause. But for exactly what detroit needs vs wants.... debrincat>>berggren every and all day.

Lindholm, Scheifele and Konecny are unavailable?
technically lindhold isn't available. He hasn't given calgary notice yet after their last contract given to him. He is still "making up his mind".

With that being said, we don't need lindholm anymore unless copp is going the other way. We can't have a 5+ mil center on the 4th line, that wouldn't make too much sense.

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
This feels like a turning point from the rebuild to competing if he makes this deal. I understand Alex is still only 25, but we will be giving up prospects/picks, then at the TDL potentially more picks, because this current roster plus DBC is making the playoffs barring the unforeseen injury bug.

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
My biggest fear is that we are giving up too muich for him. I really don't want to give up Rasmussen, Soderblom or Wallinder in this trade.

I do feel either Kubalik or Berggren will be part of the trade, as a scoring will be out of the team. Can't really use these on the fourth line.
I would happily trade Rasmussen, Soderblom and Wallinder for Debrincat.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This feels like a turning point from the rebuild to competing if he makes this deal. I understand Alex is still only 25, but we will be giving up prospects/picks, then at the TDL potentially more picks, because this current roster plus DBC is making the playoffs barring the unforeseen injury bug.

And that's OK.

2023: 11 picks (2 1sts)
2022: 9 picks
2021: 8 picks (2 1sts)
2020: 12 picks
2019: 11 picks
2018: 10 picks (2 1sts)

61 total picks in 6 years. 19 additional picks. Detroit has made 9 years of picks in 6 years. They can look to trade some to improve the roster at this point.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
My sources are telling me that [REDACTED] doesn't want to part with [REDACTED] and that [REDACTED] really wants [REDACTED] to be involved. [REDACTED] told [REDACTED] that he is going to blow the whistle on what the real hold up is and [REDACTED] doesn't want that. Sounds like [REDACTED] is whats causing the hold up. Also, [REDACTED] fans are really not going to like it.

Fill in the blanks as you wish as we wait in anticipation

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
"My sources are telling me that @norrisnick doesn't want to part with Zadina and that @Gniwder really wants Aatu Raty to be involved. @Frk It told @jaster that he is going to blow the whistle on what the real hold up is and @Bench doesn't want that. Sounds like HFBoards is whats causing the hold up. Also, indie wrestling fans are really not going to like it."

I like this game. It's like madlibs.:sarcasm:

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
My sources are telling me that [REDACTED] doesn't want to part with [REDACTED] and that [REDACTED] really wants [REDACTED] to be involved. [REDACTED] told [REDACTED] that he is going to blow the whistle on what the real hold up is and [REDACTED] doesn't want that. Sounds like [REDACTED] is whats causing the hold up. Also, [REDACTED] fans are really not going to like it.

Post on twitter and enjoy the profits!

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
So according to WWP, Yzerman sent an offer and won't budge from it. Ottawa GM doesn't want to accept that offer, but knows if he doesn't, DBC walks at the end of his contract and the Sens get nothing. So Yzerman is waiting for the Ottawa GM to blink on his lowball offer.

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So according to WWP, Yzerman sent an offer and won't budge from it. Ottawa GM doesn't want to accept that offer, but knows if he doesn't, DBC walks at the end of his contract and the Sens get nothing. So Yzerman is waiting for the Ottawa GM to blink on his lowball offer.

Yzerman = Good ?
Dorion = the Bad ?
DeBrincat = The Ugly ?

We know who won't blink and who'll get the final say.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
On a line with Larkin, I would expect him to score around 35 goals and 40 assists.
I don't see Larkin as some sort of set up man that is going to help Debrincat cake walk to 40 goals. Larkin seems at his best when carrying the puck, taking it to net and getting a high volume of shots. He'll be taking shots away from Debrincat or vice versa. I'd rather see Raymond with Debrincat, just wish we had a better quality 2C to play with them.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017

If that's the case, I can't say I blame Yzerman really.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
They'll need a crash the net center for that line. Like Copp or Rasmussen.

Imo, DeBrincat would work best with Berggren +crash the net defensive grinder Center.

Kasper? He's actually a pretty good playmaker as well. It broke my heart when I watched him make a beautiful pass to a linemate in Rogle only for his linemate to flub on a shot attempt.

Reactions: Henkka

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015

You want me to ask Bobby Mac or Dreger whats up next time I see them?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Who is WWP again?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Just did some quick math.

Detroit's forwards scored a total of 193 goals last season playing roughly 984 games combined (12 forwards x 82 games). That gives you a g/gp of 0.20.

If you limit it to the top 5 goalscorers on the team (Larkin/Perron/Kubalik/Raymond/Berggren) you have 108 goals in 384 games for 0.28 g/gp.

Debrincat has 187 goals in 450 career games for 0.42g/gp. He is a significant upgrade to the team in probably their weakest area. I reaaaaaally want this trade to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad