Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
what will you change your name to now, Arthur

Naw, realtors aren’t the problem. It’s the f***in bullshit that the house prices have spiked a f***ing lot while at the same time the interest rate has consistently been yanked up.

f***in 3 bedroom ranches were 150k like four years ago and unless the mother f***ing thing is a foundational hazard, you’re not getting one under 240 in a remotely attractive area
Need to get more people to put their homes on the market, then prices get better.

Take Vegas for instance, if avg. days on the market is 30 days, that is a seller dominated market. If it is 3 months (regular market or so) it is even. There were times in vegas that they average days on market was 7. Nope not a typo, it was 7.

Well yes.

Those are also in somewhat dumpy neighborhoods in between the east and west side. In the nicer ones on the west side (Canton and westward). You’re looking at either way way more expensive or the like five options that all have active water leakage or previously tuck pointed walls that have cracked again
My mother lives in Livonia and she bought her house ~2015 for like 110-120 and after all this time, its about 250 or so. It's insane because that house does not deserve anything over 150 lol.

Old as shi*.

Depends on where you live, some places are going down, others just keep going up. Very interesting. Now, back to the regular scheduled programming....

Debrincat signed right?

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I don't think Yzerman would waste his time making a crap offer. I think what the holdup is, is Dorion.

He paid the 7th overall + 39th overall and a 2024 3rd for DeBrincat and expects similar value.

The problem is, why should anyone pay that value when Dorion isn't letting anyone negotiate with DeBrincat's agent? Also, DeBrincat DID have a down year in Ottawa, and it doesn't diminish his value much, but he also doesn't look like a guy worth a top 10 1st and top 10 2nd anymore.

If Detroit offered a lower 1st (reportedly the pick that NYI sent us) + a 2nd in a stronger draft but Dorion balked at that? That's his dumbass mistake. And if Detroit has offered Boston's 1st and Detroit's 2nd as an alternative and he didn't take it then? That's also Dorion's mistake. He's going to struggle to fill out the bottom half of his roster. DeBrincat eats up the rest of their space.
Agreed. The offer is made. It’s up to Dorian to decide at this point. He’s to blame for our lot in life and all of this incessant waiting

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I am not keen on giving up resources to get him - we're not missing "a piece" to get us somewhere important. We're missing many; he doesn't have the ability to drive the game on his own - so not someone I want to give up useful pieces for. It's worth the risk to wait to see if he ends up a rental/UFA or gamble with a lowball offer.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
So I’m suddenly remembering a quote from Yzerman in the last few months that it’s not important to try to “win” every trade because it’s important to maintain trust and relationships with other GMs.

Just thinking that we maybe shouldn’t expect that much of a steal if this goes through, even if Ottawa finds themselves in a real tough spot.

Anyone know if he did say that or am I making it up?

That had crossed my mind to tbh (and I’m an advocate for playing hardball).

On the other hand I believe Dorien’s days are numbered. Circle him like vultures around a gazelle carcass.

Reactions: opivy

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I don’t think Yzerman goes eight years for DeBrincat but if he does it’ll have to be a sign and trade like the Tkachuk deal last season. Technically the Sens wouldn’t have the space needed to accommodate a S&T right now depending on the AAV. That could explain the delay.

I kind of expect we take Mathieu Joseph back in any trade though. Just a random guess, though.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I don’t think Yzerman goes eight years for DeBrincat but if he does it’ll have to be a sign and trade like the Tkachuk deal last season. Technically the Sens wouldn’t have the space needed to accommodate a S&T right now depending on the AAV. That could explain the delay.

I kind of expect we take Mathieu Joseph back in any trade though. Just a random guess, though.
You're allowed to exceed the cap in the off-season. Toronto has almost $20M more under contract than Ottawa right now.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Given the presumed sequence of events I posted on the main boards, I generally assume the following at this point:

Yzerman made an offer to OTT and I think it's underwhelming for OTT but Stevie was kind of "take it or leave it"

Debrincat and/or his agent has pretty much pushed out most of the other teams at this point; either by asking for an absurd contract extension, thereby drastically lower the trade offer to OTT as he would be a 1 year rental offer instead of an extended offer

Lastly, I think Yzerman refuses to match Larkin (8 for 70) in a contract offer is offering something shorter than that...like 6 for 50ish? And that's causing a major sticking point and this weird waiting game.

We are stuck now because:

For DBC, it's go to DET at less, or sign the 1yr arbitration with OTT and try again as a UFA to a higher cap FA next summer

For OTT, it's move DBC now, get an underwhelming return, get cap space to go after Tarsenko and remove the DBC distraction OR roll the dice and hope they can move him at the TDL for a late 1st as a pure rental and ride our a DBC for the next 8 months

I...don't think DET is debating anything at this point... and has an offer to OTT which is crap and contingent on a shorter term deal than DBC wanted, and has left it in their court

(all speculation, but feels like it fits the sequence of events up to this point and aligns to the wants and desires of the parties...and Yzerman's reputation as a negotiator)
I disagree kinda

I think there’s a good deal in place, but as you mentioned it’s coming down to ironing out a new contract

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Sens fan coming in peace. Guy I know who knows a guy (in the Ottawa org) says the deal has been pretty much agreed upon between Ottawa and Detroit and it's just waiting on an extension. You guys probably end up with Debrincat (extended for 6-7 years at $8.25-8.5M) for Berggren and the Boston 1st (unprotected). Sens bank that Bruins take a step back an the pick is in the 12-20 range.

Note: This may turn out to be very wrong.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

It always feels like Pagnotta is just repeating what everyone's seen on Twitter.

Sens fan coming in peace. Guy I know who knows a guy (in the Ottawa org) says the deal has been pretty much agreed upon between Ottawa and Detroit and it's just waiting on an extension. You guys probably end up with Debrincat (extended for 6-7 years at $8.25-8.5M) for Berggren and the Boston 1st (unprotected). Sens bank that Bruins take a step back an the pick is in the 12-20 range.

Note: This may turn out to be very wrong.
Are you willing to bet your username on it, DaveMatthewlund?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Are you willing to bet your username on it, DaveMatthewlund?

Not at all.

That said, makes sense to me.

If rumors are true and Ottawa is looking at Tarasenko, they need as little salary as possible coming back. Berggren fits the bill. Even Kubalik's 2.5M would be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad