Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I tell you what.

IF Detroit trades for Debrincat, and IF he's given first line minutes with Larkin and Raymond, and IF said players stay reasonably healthy, and IF Debrincat does not score at least 75 points...

...I will post on this forum, hat in hand, that I was wrong about the whole thing. That it was a travesty and a sham and a mockery to acquire him. I will be assessed a ten minute misconduct for Delay of Franchise. We can make a public spectacle of it, and you and norrisnick can throw the first rotten vegetables at my shame-laden countenance.

But I don't think that will be the case. I think he will light it up with those linemates, and it'll help make these bridge years a lot more fun to watch while we're wait for the rest of the kids. :naughty:
My brother in arms, I will join you in the stockade to be mocked in fashions that we would never wish on our worst of enemies (norrisnick and letsgowings999).

1688663260824.png

Reactions: jkutswings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think he's joking.

Agreed. I think he was commenting that with as many times as "new" information has been announced that the deal is progressing, everyone has had a chance to break something newsworthy and depending when you report it, you can feel like you are first

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Pessimists: "OMG Yzerman, why aren't you acquiring any high-end talent?! We have no scorers!"

*Rumors persist that Yzerman is attempting to acquire high-end talent*

Pessimists: "OMG, not that kind of high-end talent! I want the high-end talent that's unavailable!"
I feel like Holland should do Detroit a solid and trade Draisaitl for crap. Reparations so to speak for his terrible drafts.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Should we be listening to the guy with the Kool Aid Man avatar? No.

Are we going to? Oh Yeah!
actually laughed out loud. that was hilarious.

I should have added that , clearly , he played distracted as with a new child, new city and all that goes along with it. No Chipotle. If he were playing this year, even with Pinto, he would easily hit 30 , and with Norris 40. Historically bad SH% for him to take into account.
wow this is brand new information...didn't know he had a kid or married, wow.

Reactions: SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Or in a deal for Pettersson in Vancouver. He's an RFA next year.
now that makes things interesting ogee. how do we start this up to get the juices flowing in both organizations like we did with the debrincat trade??????

(yes i am giving both of us the recognition for the debrincat trade. no, it doesn't make sense. doesn't matter)

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Should we be listening to the guy with the Kool Aid Man avatar? No.

Are we going to? Oh Yeah!
It also says Balls Deep so I think it's hella legit.

Have we discussed the scenario where Detroit trades for DeBrincat's rights, sign the 1 year arbitration deal, then trade DeBrincat for an absolute haul at the 2024 trade deadline?
I was thinking more along the lines of packaging him right away as part of the deal for someone like Nylander, but decided that was possibly too gangsta for even Steve Yzerman.

• Haha
Reactions: SimonEdvinssonAtSix

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean to be fair, he is very likely better than Kubalik. But Let me ask you this.

Do you think it would be a good idea to wait till the end of the season to sign him to an extension?
Lol what a terribly disingenuous post.

He's not likely better thank Kubalik. He's markedly better than Kubalik.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad