Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sens fan coming in peace. Guy I know who knows a guy (in the Ottawa org) says the deal has been pretty much agreed upon between Ottawa and Detroit and it's just waiting on an extension. You guys probably end up with Debrincat (extended for 6-7 years at $8.25-8.5M) for Berggren and the Boston 1st (unprotected). Sens bank that Bruins take a step back an the pick is in the 12-20 range.

Note: This may turn out to be very wrong.
Dealing Berggren in this has always made sense to me. I know it will upset a lot of the fan-base but Debrincat is a massive upgrade.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Also I don't really want to give up Berggren in a trade. I'm holding hope that he is a late bloomer and think he might end up better than people think once he starts playing with more talent as well. That's just me though, I can dream.

Reactions: saska sault

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Not at all.

That said, makes sense to me.

If rumors are true and Ottawa is looking at Tarasenko, they need as little salary as possible coming back. Berggren fits the bill. Even Kubalik's 2.5M would be too much.
All good, was just joking. Thanks for the info.

:thumbu:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sens fan coming in peace. Guy I know who knows a guy (in the Ottawa org) says the deal has been pretty much agreed upon between Ottawa and Detroit and it's just waiting on an extension. You guys probably end up with Debrincat (extended for 6-7 years at $8.25-8.5M) for Berggren and the Boston 1st (unprotected). Sens bank that Bruins take a step back an the pick is in the 12-20 range.

Note: This may turn out to be very wrong.
Boston’s pick is top 10 protected so that would still apply. Otherwise that sounds like a reasonable ballpark trade.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Pessimists: "OMG Yzerman, why aren't you acquiring any high-end talent?! We have no scorers!"

*Rumors persist that Yzerman is attempting to acquire high-end talent*

Pessimists: "OMG, not that kind of high-end talent! I want the high-end talent that's unavailable!"
Lindholm, Scheifele and Konecny are unavailable?

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I disagree kinda

I think there’s a good deal in place, but as you mentioned it’s coming down to ironing out a new contract
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know what aav and length DeBrincat is looking for?

Is $7 to $8 million for 8 years adequate?

Chad Smiley

Oct 9, 2020
Let Ottawa keep him and sign him next offseason. If Debrincat is smart he'll reject every other teams contract extension and come home next offseason while the Red Wings keep all their assests

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know what aav and length DeBrincat is looking for?

Is $7 to $8 million for 8 years adequate?
The rumor was he was looking for the Meier contract. 8.8mx8.

Let Ottawa keep him and sign him next offseason. If Debrincat is smart he'll reject every other teams contract extension and come home next offseason while the Red Wings keep all their assests
Please no, I don't wanna follow rumors for a year only to get Dubois'd.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I don’t like this mindset. Anything could happen between now and then. Some other club can create space and boom… if he likes, we’re obviously dunzo

I’m genuinely getting Suter/Parise vibes lol

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I think it goes 1 of 2 ways... Everybody knows how nothing from Yzerman ever really gets leaked as he is super tight lipped and seems like his peers respect that about him. It's seeks like all reporters are saying this is gonna happen with all the rumors about Debrincat wanting to come home and now Zadina being punted. Plus Yzerman hasn't dismissed this in anyway either which I feel he might have. So I think an offer has been made and I think Yzerman knows what the counter offer already is as well. The Debrincat signing with the Wings is one. My other suspicion is he's also got his eye on someone else. As mentioned above, who else was rumored to move or wanted a move? Aside from contract talks with Nylander there seems to be no smoke around anyone else. Total Yzerman move with the secrecy, ya let them all talk about me signing Debrincat and then BAM, Detroit trades for Nylander or Shiefele, Lindhom, Connor or some other name that has been out there and pretty much gives Dorian a big f*** you for not accepting his offer and letting it all get out in the media.

I am also just bored, a dreamer and a bit of a conspiracy theorist in general.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023

This is incredibly stupid.

No. If Debrincat is smart, he’ll play out this season in Ottawa, have a nice year with 30 goals and he’ll cash in big time on the UFA market next year.

If you have any desire to have Debrincat in a Winged Wheel. Get him now. Don’t wait

Leibinger6

Jul 26, 2018
If Berggren and BOS 1st is true I’d be torn. I’m still in the camp that Jonatan’s injury struggles delayed his developmental curve, and he’s seemed to improve every season, even throughout the seasons. That, and if Boston has an average to down year this will feel like a lost trade when you consider what we’ll likely be paying for Cat’s services.

He’s obviously a gifted scorer and great offensive player, but he’s also pretty one dimensional. I also feel his role with Chicago and linemates (Kane especially) inflated his stats a bit. I think he’s a 25-30 goal scorer all day, but I just don’t see 40 on this roster. But we’d absolutely have to pay 35-40 goal scorer money to have him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Boston’s pick is top 10 protected so that would still apply. Otherwise that sounds like a reasonable ballpark trade.
Our condition should be they get the worse pick. I know they changed some of the rules on conditions but I think that one is still allowed. I would sort of be surprised if they just didn't list it that way. With Debrincat and I know we have a tough division, but we have different expectations with him on board.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
If Berggren and BOS 1st is true I’d be torn. I’m still in the camp that Jonatan’s injury struggles delayed his developmental curve, and he’s seemed to improve every season, even throughout the seasons. That, and if Boston has an average to down year this will feel like a lost trade when you consider what we’ll likely be paying for Cat’s services.

He’s obviously a gifted scorer and great offensive player, but he’s also pretty one dimensional. I also feel his role with Chicago and linemates (Kane especially) inflated his stats a bit. I think he’s a 25-30 goal scorer all day, but I just don’t see 40 on this roster. But we’d absolutely have to pay 35-40 goal scorer money to have him.
Will it? Everyone seemed to bitch like crazy when we used our top 5 picks on two players with higher ceilings than Berggren and we’re adding right now what we hope Berggren will become

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad