Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I know there is serious Ras love. I don’t buy it yet. I appreciate he was, two seasons ago, as big of a flop in my eyes as Zadina and had a shotgun spot in the trebuchet. If I had to watch him stupidly carry the puck to the zone and either fire it needlessly into the corner and be shocked that the other team got it or skate and be harmless steered into the corner and around the outside until he lost track of the play and turned it over… it was too much.

But I’ll admit he was immensely better last season. Great attitude, lots of heart and hustle, and much of it just moving over to wing next to Copp and putting him in a simpler role with a shoot first mentality and to just engrave physically has been great for him. That being said, he’s a good physical, strong, and hustle heart kind of guy for me. He is an expendable asset to me in the same way that Sunny was or how Kostin will be. I like those guys but I don’t think he’s going to morph in Tom Wilson and be a 50pt power pest. But I hope to be proven wrong

He wasn't far off from scoring 50 last season minus injury.. I appreciate pro rating things is not always accurate. I think he brings an element we need with grit, fits our team size going forward and it's nice for home grown players to develop. You get attached to those guys, I'd still move him if I was GM but it's part of a package for someone besides Debrincat.

Reactions: TheOctopusKid

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
He wasn't far off from scoring 50 last season minus injury.. I appreciate pro rating things is not always accurate. I think he brings an element we need with grit, fits our team size going forward and it's nice for home grown players to develop. You get attached to those guys, I'd still move him if I was GM but it's part of a package for someone besides Debrincat.
Would definitely include him if the package was to be sent to get Connor...

Then again, SOME people on here seem to believe that we can just wait 2 years until Connor's contract is up....Oh Oh then we can get him for freeee

Reactions: jkutswings

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'd move Ras for a bigger winger or a top line center but the Wings will need him to help balance out smaller wings like a DBC, Ray, and Bergy.

I like Bergy a lot but I would deal him for a more prolific winger like DBC. He does remind me a lot of playmakin Nyquist post early goal scoring prowess.

Chad Smiley

Oct 9, 2020
I'm lowballing the hell out of Ottawa if I'm Yzerman. The Red Wings and DeBrincat hold all the cards if he wants Detroit. Not many have cap room and nobody is trading for him without an extension. It's either a trade to Detroit this offseason or sign next offseason. Also the delay in trading DeBrincat is keeping Ottawa from making other moves like signing Tarasenko.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Neither did lots of guys until they did it. I'm guessing Hudler also didn't have 30 goal upside, right? Get skilled forwards on to a scoring line with scoring line ice time and you'd be surprised.
Hudler was goal scorer, Berggren is playmaker first

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hudler was more of a playmaker than Berggren.
I just compare both of them and last season Berggren had little better numbers than Hudler, but then next season he improve big time , wonder if Berggren could keep up with those numbers

AlexDeBrincat

Jul 4, 2023
It's not a matter of personal preference; it's widely known that I view Detroit as my true home. However, in this particular instance of potential free agency, my decision boils down to the contract duration and salary. I see this as my one chance at getting a new deal. Currently, we are seeking an extension of 1-2 years beyond the previously discussed terms, along with an added $1.75 million per season. While I cannot express this openly outside of this forum, I am firmly committed to joining the Detroit Red Wings.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Come on Stevie, what's the hold up? If he doesn't land Debrincat, I am going to start questioning him. After last years free agency and this years draft and free agency, if he squandered all those top 45 picks and has nothing to show for them, I'm going to be super annoyed and disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I would rather overpay in a trade, because contract structure is more important. But why not waiting for a year.... and get him free.

Waiting for a year could cause him another 27-30 goal season, which would automaticly put those salary demands down. The agent lives too much on Chicago-era production days with Kane.

You've seen the UFA market recently right? How many top shelf players hit UFA anymore? Mostly it is second tier players hitting UFA anymore.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You've seen the UFA market recently right? How many top shelf players hit UFA anymore? Mostly it is second tier players hitting UFA anymore.
And I would be downright stunned if he had a second "down year". Between Ottawa's usual 2C being out nearly the whole year and him adjusting to his makeshift teammates, last year was much more fluke than trendsetter.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
And I would be downright stunned if he had a second "down year". Between Ottawa's usual 2C being out nearly the whole year and him adjusting to his makeshift teammates, last year was much more fluke than trendsetter.

And nothing like letting him get to next year where the cap will have already had a massive adjustment and a path for more adjustments in the coming years that his agent will use in negotiations.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: NickH8

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A 27 page thread about trading for a vanilla midget. How this franchise has fallen.
The franchise is just fine. The roster has fallen into a long rebuild, and a player interested in coming to Detroit that would very likely score 30-40 goals per season is definitely worth at least discussing.

Wanting somebody else is fine. Dismissing a good player as if he'd have zero benefit is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad