Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Disagree, we haven't even seen him play a full pro year with talented line mates..

The latter is why he's a dime a dozen middle 6 winger. You can disagree, but he's not going to be a guy who will score 40 goals and is unlikely to hit 30 goals in the NHL. He's a guy who peak is 20-25 goals and 20-30 assists and sits comfortably on the 2nd or 3rd line depending on the teams depth. It's not like he's a 19 year old that got his first taste of pro-hockey last season. He's going to be 23, right in the meat of a forward's prime years, and has 4 years of pro-experience.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Disagree, we haven't even seen him play a full pro year with talented line mates..
People around here are fully convinced that post-Wings Hudler immediately went to his coked-out burnout phase and his seasons leading the Flames in scoring never happened.

They don't want to believe that we f***ed up in not utilizing a very skilled player properly.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Exactly. A rebuild. Add to the team. Don't remove one of the few good pieces we have.
Excuse me, but what the f*** do you think getting Debrincat would do? Berggren is an intriguing young player. He's also not someone that you plant your flag on and call untouchable. We literally picked up Berggren plus in FA in the form of Dominik Kubalik for 2.5M. Berggren is the type of guy who were have 8 of and that everyone is getting so upset that we keep adding. Debrincat is NOT something we have.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
People around here are fully convinced that post-Wings Hudler immediately went to his coked-out burnout phase and his seasons leading the Flames in scoring never happened.

They don't want to believe that we f***ed up in not utilizing a very skilled player properly.
Jiri Hudler scored 70 points in Calgary like 8 years into his career. Hudler was always a really skilled but REALLY slow player. Clagary was able to work with that and got 76 points out of him one year. Plus... the Flames sucked back then. He led the Flames with 54 points in 13-14 in 75 games. He had the one year where he got 76 points. Every other year he was the same player. He was a really good third line guy that would pot you 20-20 to 25-25. Very valuable. Very good. But also, limited.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I am going to hold out on a judgment until we see what the cost is, assuming this trade even happens. It sounds like Ottawa cannot sign Tarasenko until they move Debrincat so the cost is probably going to be about as Detroit-friendly as possible. Let's see how much longer the waiting game goes on, it feels like it needs to be resolved fairly soon.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
DeBrincat is the best. Add him at all costs and give him whatever he wants. That can't possibly backfire in any way. I am convinced.

You've been going at this for pages and pages.

People are excited. You're not going to tamper that. A young player from Michigan who scored 40 goals is linked to Detroit and it's summer. So that's the talking point.

They aren't the one's making the decisions, anyway. Even if you convince everyone here it's not a good idea... then what?

giphy.gif

Reactions: newfy and NickH8

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Jiri Hudler scored 70 points in Calgary like 8 years into his career. Hudler was always a really skilled but REALLY slow player. Clagary was able to work with that and got 76 points out of him one year. Plus... the Flames sucked back then. He led the Flames with 54 points in 13-14 in 75 games. He had the one year where he got 76 points. Every other year he was the same player. He was a really good third line guy that would pot you 20-20 to 25-25. Very valuable. Very good. But also, limited.
Hudler's shooting percentage steadily increased beginning with his final year in Detroit. He had skill, but was not a great skater and was always going to suffer in Mike Babcock's system. In Detroit he wasn't going to get lots of scoring line minutes, but he did get a decent chuck of time on the power play which obviously suited his strengths. I remember us wanting him to shoot more, but he was a nice set up guy.

The 76 point season was clearly an outlier, he was a ~50 point player.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Redwing66

Oct 3, 2020
Excuse me, but what the f*** do you think getting Debrincat would do? Berggren is an intriguing young player. He's also not someone that you plant your flag on and call untouchable. We literally picked up Berggren plus in FA in the form of Dominik Kubalik for 2.5M. Berggren is the type of guy who were have 8 of and that everyone is getting so upset that we keep adding. Debrincat is NOT something we have.
You sure get wrapped around the Axel quickly don’t you? Ottawa is in a rough spot with cash, and needing to move on from DeBrincat - why would you overpay for something when it’s not needed?

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If this has to include a prospect, and the two names that keep popping are Berggren and Mazur, I perfer it be Berggren that goes. Which is hard to say, because I think JB's excellent passing skills were wasted last year.

Hurts, but my feeling is Mazur is more of what we need and has a future of being a valuable playoff piece.

Reactions: David D

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
You sure get wrapped around the Axel quickly don’t you? Ottawa is in a rough spot with cash, and needing to move on from DeBrincat - why would you overpay for something when it’s not needed?
I don’t think Jonatan Berggren is special. I think he’s a good player. I don’t think he’s the type you jealously hoard.

Him plus a second gets it done? That’s a pittance. Hell, everyone is bricking themselves about using all the 5 top 47 picks and not adding scoring. Why are we hoarding this? We need scoring, right?

Reactions: iDangleDangle

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
He reminds me of Nyquist. Solid two way player but if you include him in a deal to get a player or AD status than you do it every time

Yeah, I love Burger but I would say he is very much in the same tier as Gus. And like right before he broke out and become the one shining offensive light of those early 2010 Wings teams where we all lost it over his smooth he was.

But Berggren to Gus is like comping Cat to someone like Kessel. Would you have traded Gus for 26 year old Phil Kessel who just came off of a 39g season with TOR and obviously one of the top young goal scorers in the league? You would’ve done it in a heartbeat.

I LOVE Berggren but to say he has comparable value to Debrincat is insanity.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, I love Burger but I would say he is very much in the same tier as Gus. And like right before he broke out and become the one shining offensive light of those early 2010 Wings teams where we all lost it over his smooth he was.

But Berggren to Gus is like comping Cat to someone like Kessel. Would you have traded Gus for 26 year old Phil Kessel who just came off of a 39g season with TOR and obviously one of the top young goal scorers in the league? You would’ve done it in a heartbeat.

I LOVE Berggren but to say he has comparable value to Debrincat is insanity.

I love the reference. I'd love to keep Berggren/Nyquist in addition to bringing DeBrincat/Hot dog Phil onto the team. It's not being untouchable, it's about the overall impact. I would rather Detroit swapping out their worst wing for their best wing.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I love the reference. I'd love to keep Berggren/Nyquist in addition to bringing DeBrincat/Hot dog Phil onto the team. It's not being untouchable, it's about the overall impact. I would rather Detroit swapping out their worst wing for their best wing.
Oh 100%! If you told me I had a choice between… Rasmussen (who I do think has turned into a solid bottom sixer, with room to grow) or Berggren, my choice to send for Debrincat, I like Burger more. But I’m also not delusional enough to think that Berggren is in the same tier of player as Debrincat. He’s not and if the barrier to me getting him at this point is Berg or bust? I could be talked into it…

But guys/assets as the centerpiece Id prefer to send instead of him?

I’d keep Burger over the following:

BOS 1st
Mauzer
AlJo
Rasmussen
Kubalik
Veleno

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Alex DeBrincat has entered the chat...
Seems legit.

Oh 100%! If you told me I had a choice between… Rasmussen (who I do think has turned into a solid bottom sixer, with room to grow) or Berggren, my choice to send for Debrincat, I like Burger more. But I’m also not delusional enough to think that Berggren is in the same tier of player as Debrincat. He’s not and if the barrier to me getting him at this point is Berg or bust? I could be talked into it…

But guys/assets as the centerpiece Id prefer to send instead of him?

I’d keep Burger over the following:

BOS 1st
Mauzer
AlJo
Rasmussen
Kubalik
Veleno

Keeping Ras over all of them on any side of the trade. Think he is going to be a monster for us in time.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Seems legit.

Keeping Ras over all of them on any side of the trade. Think he is going to be a monster for us in time.

I know there is serious Ras love. I don’t buy it yet. I appreciate he was, two seasons ago, as big of a flop in my eyes as Zadina and had a shotgun spot in the trebuchet. If I had to watch him stupidly carry the puck to the zone and either fire it needlessly into the corner and be shocked that the other team got it or skate and be harmless steered into the corner and around the outside until he lost track of the play and turned it over… it was too much.

But I’ll admit he was immensely better last season. Great attitude, lots of heart and hustle, and much of it just moving over to wing next to Copp and putting him in a simpler role with a shoot first mentality and to just engrave physically has been great for him. That being said, he’s a good physical, strong, and hustle heart kind of guy for me. He is an expendable asset to me in the same way that Sunny was or how Kostin will be. I like those guys but I don’t think he’s going to morph in Tom Wilson and be a 50pt power pest. But I hope to be proven wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad