Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
No, what was is?
2025 1st round pick (CGY) [Conditional]*
*Conditions: 1. If CGY’s 2024 1st round pick is between 20 and 32, MTL can take that pick instead. Result: TBD

Scenario: In the event CGY receives FLA’s 2025 1st round pick:
1. If both CGY AND FLA’s picks are NOT top 10, MTL will receive the better of the CGY and FLA 2025 1st round picks. Result: TBD

2. If CGY’s pick is top 10, AND FLA’s pick is NOT top 10, MTL receives FLA’s pick. Result: TBD

Scenario: In the event CGY does NOT receive FLA’s 1st round pick:

Sub-scenario: CGY’s pick is NOT top 10
1. MTL will receive the CGY pick, and
2. If FLA’s pick is not top 10, is a better pick than CGY’s, and was transferred to another team due to prior conditions, MTL will also receive CGY’s 2025 4th round pick.
Result: TBD

Sub-scenario: CGY’s pick is top 10:
1. If CGY’s pick is 1st overall, MTL will receive CGY’s 2025 3rd, and the better of CGY and FLA’s 2026 1st round pick. Result: TBD
2. If CGY’s pick is 2nd to 10th, MTL receives CGY’s 2025 1st round pick. Result: TBD

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
OTT is further along in their rebuild than we are and they didn't make the playoffs. You need to slow your roll if you think adding some one dimensional winger is going to propel the wings into the playoffs with all of the big gaping holes that exist on this team.
:banghead:

Ottawa has some better players than the Wings, of course. But frankly, they still have some gaping holes too. In particular, one in net that I don't know if Joonas Korpisalo is the man to plug.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
My reasoning is that I think they would like a young player back.
I don't want to give up Wallinder or Rasmussen, or any of those U22 prospects really.

It stands between Veleno and Berggren. Veleno we can probably replace with Kasper right away, but I would rather ease Kasper in on the wing.
If Ottawa wants Veleno, I'll drive him there myself.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
would 1000% move Veleno before Berggren. Kasper has a year of center in the SHL. He'd be fine

No! Boyd Devereaux 2.0! Whatever will we do without him? Best to move him now while he still has the allure of a middle six forwards before he tops our and actually becomes a bottom six journeyman.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
If Detroit gets out with a package of Mazur, Veleno and Berggren and a non-first round pick, Detroit should sign the deal then Yzerman should get a restraining order against Dorion to ensure he can’t try to take it back.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ugh. It's not doubting the Yzerplan. Yzerman doesn't have some master plan where he's moving little minatures around a board. He's doing a good job understanding what his needs are and is trying to address them in the best way he can.

I get why people are frustrated and angry and blindly pumping "The Yzerplan (tm)" is annoying AF. He's just a really good GM who is making sound moves to incrementally improve which build a base so the time they actually get luck, they're ready to go.

Master plan is go through defensive rebuild (both defence and forwards, especially centers) because good defensive game is cheaper than high-scoring under salary cap.

Caphits are based on production.

That seems to be the plan and it's more and more clear after every Yzerman move or draft.

People in here hope for pure skill players and future game-breakers and are frustrated when the plan seems to be opposite. That's very understandable.

But I uderstand the plan. Controlling the cap with very strict and defensive ways, you can build a winning team like Seattle or Vegas.

When every player at every position is somewhat cap effective and when that team will start to win - the final phase is that superstars like some codenames "eichel", "pietrangelo" or "stone* like to join that team.

But first, you have to build it up and build the winner, without using the full cap.

When the winner is built, the final extra will join. Also you have have the prospect depth for the continuous success, but that's another story.

Let's rise on the top first.

I don't see us tanking for next 15 years. Plan is clearly to build up. Up up up, better team bit by bit.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Strickland might actually have an in here given the Tarasenko/Blues connection.
Tarasenko is a Blue and therefore, he belongs to Detroit.
Master plan is go through defensive rebuild (both defence and forwards, especially centers) because good defensive game is cheaper than high-scoring under salary cap.

Caphits are based on production.

That seems to be the plan and it's more and more clear after every Yzerman move or draft.

People in here hope for pure skill players and future game-breakers and are frustrated when the plan seems to be opposite. That's very understandable.

But I uderstand the plan. Controlling the cap with very strict and defensive ways, you can build a winning team like Seattle or Vegas.

When every player at every position is somewhat cap effective and when that team will start to win - the final phase is that superstars like some codenames "eichel", "pietrangelo" or "stone* like to join that team.

But first, you have to build it up and build the winner, without using the full cap.

When the winner is built, the final extra will join. Also you have have the prospect depth for the continuous success, but that's another story.

Let's rise on the top first.

I don't see us tanking for next 15 years. Plan is clearly to build up. Up up up, better team bit by bit.

Right, what I'm saying is that every single move made by Yzerman isn't some 4D chess, Columbo move. He has an idea of what he wants to do and he's making steps towards that goal... but the Yzerplan isn't some monolithic thing and you should feel free to criticize moves as they happen. I trust that he's not in the business of making bad moves if he can help it...

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Tarasenko is a Blue and therefore, he belongs to Detroit.

Right, what I'm saying is that every single move made by Yzerman isn't some 4D chess, Columbo move. He has an idea of what he wants to do and he's making steps towards that goal... but the Yzerplan isn't some monolithic thing and you should feel free to criticize moves as they happen. I trust that he's not in the business of making bad moves if he can help it...

Could you imagine Yzerman sitting in his basement with a giant model ice rink and hundreds of tiny little players and front office dudes in little suits - pushing them around with a stick, muttering to himself, making sound effects ..”pew pew… YzerPlan… Tee hee”

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
This is where I'm at as well.

I think Detroit has had six individual 30-goal performances since 2008. Not sure how that stacks up with other franchises in that span but that seems... sad.
I was surprised to learn that Athanasiou is one of those. I know Larkin and Bert are two more. I'm assuming Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and one of D, Z, or Larkin again for #6?

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Could you imagine Yzerman sitting in his basement with a giant model ice rink and hundreds of tiny little players and front office dudes in little suits - pushing them around with a stick, muttering to himself, making sound effects ..”pew pew… YzerPlan… Tee hee”

That is now what I am going to imagine. Were I more talented, I would find a way to photoshop something like that... or make a bunch of minatures for that very purpose.

Edit: What are the odds that the Steve Yzerman model is just slightly bigger than the Joe Sakic one.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I was surprised to learn that Athanasiou is one of those. I know Larkin and Bert are two more. I'm assuming Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and one of D, Z, or Larkin again for #6?
That one season, he was damn near automatic on the breakaway. I don't know what the stats were on his success on odd man rushes, but I bet it was very high. I was a big fan of his that year, it was a real bad season and he was pretty explosive at times.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hossa and Franzen all scored 30 or more in 2009. Then Athanasiou and Larkin in 2019, Larkin and Bertuzzi in 2022, and Larkin again last year.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
That one season, he was damn near automatic on the breakaway. I don't know what the stats were on his success on odd man rushes, but I bet it was very high. I was a big fan of his that year, it was a real bad season and he was pretty explosive at times.
There is no player in the league that pissed me off more than Athanasiou. He truly did seem like the player who could be one of the best in the league if he just gave a damn. He had size, speed, puckhandling... and when he would engage himself, he was REALLY good. And then, he'd have so many games where he'd unironically do the Ovechkin "controller disconnected* action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad