Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Curious:

If you waive a player for purposes of sending him to the AHL and the player passes through waivers, if he ultimately is traded after all of that (let's say in a week), then does the player report to the other teams AHL or NHL team?

To be more specific: If Zadina passes through waivers, can we trade him still to OTT or whoever as an AHL player, or would he be considered an NHL player in the transaction viewed by the league?

I am curious because any trade that Yzerman does (if any) for a goal scorer, I think he makes a condition that Zadina has to be added. Now, if this is the case, then Zadina wouldn't be as much of a "throw in/cap dump" anymore because of his waiving status. This helps whoever we trade with for roster depth in their organization, develop him how they want, and move on (like Zadina wants to do). This would save the process for the other team to waive him to put him in the AHL and risk losing him through someone on the waiver wire after acquiring him in the first place...

Sooooo, Zadina (AHL) + Berggren + 2024 1st (whichever one?) + 2024/25 3rd/Kubalik? for Debrincat.

Seems like an overpayment but we trade Zadina for his fresh start in a new organizations AHL team, Berggren seems to be the odd guy out in the lineup (which really sucks), and the picks would just be add-ons until the deal gets done. If the 1st is good enough, great, if not then add the other or Kubalik.

I'd much rather keep Kubalik and utilize him the correct way though.
I'd argue that Bergie and Kubalik handily outscore DeBrincat next season.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I doubt it. Debrincat was mostly playing with a rookie center that was playing in a position he was not ready for because Norris got hurt. If Norris doesn't get hurt, then Debrincat should have scored at least another 5-10 goals.

Kubalik could probably hit 20-25, but I don't know how Berg can score if he can't be a regular in the lineup. He isn't a bottom 6 type of player. He is like a Nyquist where he needs to be middle 6 to succeed.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I doubt it. Debrincat was mostly playing with a rookie center that was playing in a position he was not ready for because Norris got hurt. If Norris doesn't get hurt, then Debrincat should have scored at least another 5-10 goals.

Kubalik could probably hit 20-25, but I don't know how Berg can score if he can't be a regular in the lineup. He isn't a bottom 6 type of player. He is like a Nyquist where he needs to be middle 6 to succeed.
You may have unwittingly stumbled on something. Toss ADB in a bottom 6 role and give Kubalik and Bergie top 6 and PP1 TOI.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
You may have unwittingly stumbled on something. Toss ADB in a bottom 6 role and give Kubalik and Bergie top 6 and PP1 TOI.
The problem is Berggren isn't ready for it either.

And Debrincat was playing on the second line with 3rd line players because of injuries. So, effectively, he was playing against NHL's 2nd best lines with 3rd string teammates and still put up 27 goals.

Do you honestly believe, given the exact same circumstances, Kubalik and/or Berggren would be able to replicate Debrincat's production if they were on OTT going through the same thing? If you say yes then you are just lying to yourself to prove a point and if that's the narrative you want to push then go ahead. Let's see the mental gymnastics to magically think you made a good point.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
The problem is Berggren isn't ready for it either.

And Debrincat was playing on the second line with 3rd line players because of injuries. So, effectively, he was playing against NHL's 2nd best lines with 3rd string teammates and still put up 27 goals.

Do you honestly believe, given the exact same circumstances, Kubalik and/or Berggren would be able to replicate Debrincat's production if they were on OTT going through the same thing? If you say yes then you are just lying to yourself to prove a point and if that's the narrative you want to push then go ahead. Let's see the mental gymnastics to magically think you made a good point.
Kubalik and Berggren put up 35 goals and 73 points last year, on the Wings. I'm not in need of any gymnastics.

Reactions: Leadzedder

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Kubalik and Berggren put up 35 goals and 73 points last year, on the Wings. I'm not in need of any gymnastics.
Right, let's have two players fill up roster spots when one can do the job.....

How many janitors does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Oh, of course, it's two. Duh. How can anyone just want one to do it.

Silly me.

Why not, I dont know, have one guy do 35 goals and 73 points (as a placeholder, let's just say Debrincat) and, just stick with me here, have someone else step up and create EVEN MORE offense. Let's say that other guy (as a placeholder, lets say Kostin?) puts up 5 goals and 15 points. Wow, now we have two guys that have scored 40 goals and 88 points. Sounds like that would be...an improvement?

• Love
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym

Not to mention DeBrincat had an outlier low shooting% last season. He should look himself again if he returns to even his career average.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Outlier or maybe truth, if the early part of the career is the outlier with Patrick Kane.
He's had success in the past even when Kane wasn't even playing with him, not to mention he still has to be a great shot to finish all of those chances.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
DeBrincat is not a perfect player.
Ok, cool. He’s a damn good one and a good bit better than most, if not all of ours.

Honestly, McDavid isn’t a perfect player. If your standard for whether you should surrender assets for a guy is if he is perfect? Well, you’re not gonna be making many trades

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Ottawa and Carolina wanted Tarasenko, and Canes got him lol
Debrincat screwing them over so bad by not allowing them to sign other FAs lol i love seeing the sens suffer after how dumb theyve been last few weeks.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I'd love to add Debrincat, but each day this drags on, I hope a little more that no one picks him up by trade, Ottawa has to take him to arbitration, they have to pay him about $8M, he has kind of a crappy final year on his contract scoring "only" 27 goals or so, and we pick him up next year on a bit of a discount, at a little under $8M per for 7 years.

And Ottawa gets nothing out of it, instead of a first-rounder plus. Which I'm betting they've been offered by multiple teams. Because f*ck the Ottawa Senators.

And we put Debrincat on the first line with Larkin and the first PP unit and he scores 40 again.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
They combined for 73 points last year, and Berggren is currently going to have to start the year in Grand Rapids. I'd put my money on Debrincat at this point.

There are other trade targets I'd take over Debrincat, but I'd take him over any of the spare parts Detroit just wasted their money on in free agency.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Getting snippy.

1688441658805.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad