Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If Dorian isn't prepared to let teams speak to DeBrincat re contract renewal, he's hugely limiting his potential trade offers. Unless he can discuss terms, Yzerman certainly isn't going to spend big on this one.
Eh, they took him to arbitration. At least that provides some "cost certainty". Not a great move by their GM but whatever.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Crazy how fast this flipped from I don't see how it's not Detroit to looking like nothing will happen now.
Well when these clowns are spitting out ‘32 thoughts’ twice a week. They usually only hit on about 2 or 3 things.

Meaning about 90% of it is rumor mongering trash. But they hide behind ‘it was only thoughts’.

Miss the days when Bobby Mac brought honor and reliability. He Didn’t just throw any stupid rumor or idea that he had in his head on Twitter for clicks/podcast views.

Last edited:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Well when these clowns are spitting out ‘32 thoughts’ twice a week. They usually only hit on about 2 or 3 things.

Meaning about 90% of it is rumor mongering trash. But they hide behind ‘it was only thoughts’.

Miss the days when Bobby Mac brought honor and reliability. He Didn’t just throw any stupid rumor or idea that he had in his head on Twitter for clicks.
I miss the days when Bobby would post on HFBoards.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If they weren't letting us negotiate I get walking away. No sense paying up for someone who could end up being a one year rental. DeBrincat is good but what good is he if he only provides us scoring for one year OR his contract demands are so high we have to overpay to keep him.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
sounds more like the Wings walked away because they wanted ASP if true

It was reported somewhere that Yzerman gave Dorian a take it or leave it deal. I don’t think Yzerman was so in love with ASP that he walked away for a deal for the best goal scorer on the market.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It was reported somewhere that Yzerman gave Dorian a take it or leave it deal. I don’t think Yzerman was so in love with ASP that he walked away for a deal for the best goal scorer on the market.
I could see it - if they were not allowed to talk contract with DeBrincat.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It makes more sense that we’d walk when not being given permission to talk with DeBrincat. it’s probably why nobody else made the move either. Dorion is f***ing up.
Hopefully a few teams strike out in free agency and then turn to the trade market to shake things up. Or other deals that were being discussed fall through and said teams then turn to Detroit.

At this point I'm clinging to an even better player than Debrincat becoming available, because as low as those odds are, I'll take that over another year of stuffing the roster with bridge players slotted above their skill level.

Reactions: SoupNazi

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So Ottawa wanted the 9th overall pick for DeBrincat without even allowing Detroit to talk extension.

Very happy Yzerman held firm on not offering that.
I can understand saying no if that's the case. But the critical need for scoring is still there. They could have just signed Sprong and Ghost and the goalies and kept searching for a trade for an actual top six forward without adding the other scrubs.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Why do I get a sneaky inkling that Vegas is going to trade for DeBrincat? No need to support the statement. But they need cap space to dump and I could see them dumping Martinez and maybe karlsson? Or maybe Martinez and mcnabb?

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
Just watched all of his 22-23 season goals. He can certainly finish, but most of his goals were at the bottom left circle where he was fed the puck. Is our top line good enough to do that? Haha

Reactions: David D

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Just watched all of his 22-23 season goals. He can certainly finish, but most of his goals were at the bottom left circle where he was fed the puck. Is our top line good enough to do that? Haha
I think Larkin and or Perron can get it to him in the top 6. As much as I don’t like Perron, he can find the seam every once and a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad