Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I don't believe so. I remember the Chelios and Ilitch thing being that Mike thought he did the walk in, drop bag, acquire player. That was how he always negotiated. It's why Fedorov left and Scherzer left. Mr. I was big on the "I got the biggest dick in the room negotiations." He offered Fedorov 5x10 and got pissed that Fedorov said he needed time to think about it. He offered Scherzer 6/144 and was pissed when Scherzer didn't jump at it. With Scherzer, that was when Mr. I was end of life and had lost touch with the market. 6/144 was a lowball offer for Max Scherzer
Not totally true on Scherzer. Ilitch asked Boras and Scherzer what it would take, Boras threw that number out, Ilitch agreed and Boras changed his mind and said Scherzer will get $200m in FA and Ilitch went ballistic

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I can't believe this.

What the hell is Yzerman doing and waiting for? Are they going to be ready for the playoffs by 2030?

If you don't have permission to negotiate a deal then the price has to reflect that. This doesn't sound like the case. I have no problems with Yzerman stepping away if this is truly what is happening.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
if that was determined there was no reason to bring Larkin back.
7r5x03.jpg

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Yzerman didn't cater to Ottawa's demands on a player, OMG WHAT IS STEVE DOING?!

Good business folks. Just because a talented player is available doesn't mean you just give up whatever, good lord. We literally have a talent deficiency and we are mad about not giving up multiple and probably too many good pieces for a player we cant guarantee will be here past this coming season.. a rental at this point. Exactly what Ottawa did to get in this situation...

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
This is actually the best case scenario. It signals to DeBrincat that we are interested and made a reasonable offer, without actually having to give up the assets. Balls in his court. If he really wants to come home all he has to do is ride out the year and then come collect his payday. Win-win.

Reactions: FMichael and Dtybur

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Exactly, if he wants to come to Detroit he is one year away from it. He has the power to make that happen. In my amateur opinion, you always think a guy is coming home until he doesn't. Happens way more that way then not.
Ya and Habs fans were adamant thats exactly how it will play out for PLD too since he reeaaally wanted to play there lol.

If you want legit talent, you need to be proactive and actually pay a decent price for them before its too late. You need to pay some to win some, banking on a free lunch will leave you dissapointed and empty handed more often than not.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
They can't file for arbitration before July 5th. If they haven't qualified him, he's an UFA.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
If Dorian isn't prepared to let teams speak to DeBrincat re contract renewal, he's hugely limiting his potential trade offers. Unless he can discuss terms, Yzerman certainly isn't going to spend big on this one.

Reactions: NickH8 and Henkka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad