Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
I get the sense more and more that Yzerman is running the team the best he can as per Illitch's instructions, and it looks a lot like how the Tigers are run.

Keep it cheap, no big UFAs, no expensive trades, pick through other teams' garbage cans and hope we hit on something. Move players for picks before UFA. Sign one fan favorite to a big contract to sell tickets.

I think as the cap continues to rise you are going to see the Wings fall farther and farther down the list of spenders. We've left cap on the table almost every year since the last lockout and have barely weaponized cap space to acquire picks.

If we manage to draft into a semi-decent team we might see some decent signings to try and win.
Ilitch may be cheap with the Tigers but not with the Red Wings, this is all Yzerman. Yzerman has no handcuffs. Besides he’s a huge hockey fan.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
19 and 20 year old seasons, Raymond has 57 points in one and on pace for 50 in another where he was hurt. Youre right, when hes 25-30 years old, in his prime hes probably going to be a 50 point player.

Smart like dump truck
Say what you need to make yourself feel good bud.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin for Alex Debrincat

;)
Our gm is dumb enough to make it happen. Nice day today boys.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Because teams waiting for scorers to hit free agency has been so successful. And I'm sure that one more year of those second and third liners ripening will help Debrincat play much better for Detroit.
This.

It is so irritating when people say, oh just wait until he hits FA next year, it'll be fine. Some people around here were saying that about pastrnak (example).

Yzerman can't go and tell his agent, hey, we will sign him in FA to a very lucrative deal, just get him to FA and we would love to have him here. That's against the rules. So, if we don't trade for him, then debrincat/agent could argue that we don't really want him at all (now or FA) so let's just get an extension or sign somewhere else before the year is over.

Job security, even if you are a pretty good player like debrincat, is still king. At some point, Max Domi was supposed to be a sure-fire player for multiple teams, but he never did get the extension. Now, look at him. He finished his last contract year and still no extension, has to test FA. I'm sure he'll get paid, but this is very stressful.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
I still say trade Boston ‘24 1st and Zadina and something else and you’re in the ballpark.

I feel like Dorion just wants to make sure he’s got a Debrincat succession plan for the actual roster next year (FA ready to play now) before he deals

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
This.

It is so irritating when people say, oh just wait until he hits FA next year, it'll be fine. Some people around here were saying that about pastrnak (example).

Yzerman can't go and tell his agent, hey, we will sign him in FA to a very lucrative deal, just get him to FA and we would love to have him here. That's against the rules. So, if we don't trade for him, then debrincat/agent could argue that we don't really want him at all (now or FA) so let's just get an extension or sign somewhere else before the year is over.

Job security, even if you are a pretty good player like debrincat, is still king. At some point, Max Domi was supposed to be a sure-fire player for multiple teams, but he never did get the extension. Now, look at him. He finished his last contract year and still no extension, has to test FA. I'm sure he'll get paid, but this is very stressful.
This. If you want a player, go and get him.

Reactions: KJoe88 and N0cturne

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I don't disagree. I do think Ottawa may be slow playing to make sure they can get a bonafide 20-25 goal replacement in FA before they deal Debrincat for Yzerman's price.
true, but yzerman doesn't seem to be the guy that sits and waits. If someone else is available for trade or FA that he believes would do the same or close to the same as debrincat, he will just get them and tell OTT to fuc*k off.

There is a race against the clock element here. Nylander news comes out and all of a sudden there is another 30-40 goal scorer available.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
I still say trade Boston ‘24 1st and Zadina and something else and you’re in the ballpark.

I feel like Dorion just wants to make sure he’s got a Debrincat succession plan for the actual roster next year (FA ready to play now) before he deals
Take it for what you will, but there's a guy on the main boards who claims to have a source in Ottawa, and other people vouched for this guy having a source, that said Detroit offered a 2nd, Boston's 1st, and Berggren and Ottawa turned it down.

So for everyone super upset that we didn't make a trade, maybe you need to up your offers substantially and reconsider if you're still mad about us not making a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad