Rumor: All about Alex DeBrincat -possible trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I still say trade Boston ‘24 1st and Zadina and something else and you’re in the ballpark.

I feel like Dorion just wants to make sure he’s got a Debrincat succession plan for the actual roster next year (FA ready to play now) before he deals
Well unfortunately for Red Wing fans. Our Gm basically just said straight up. He's not gonna trade for anything like that.

He's in the business of acquiring assets through the draft, he's still rebuilding, he's not going to go for it.

Reactions: SirloinUB

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I don't disagree. I do think Ottawa may be slow playing to make sure they can get a bonafide 20-25 goal replacement in FA before they deal Debrincat for Yzerman's price.
Assuming Bertuzzi stays in Boston, that leaves Kane and Tarasenko. Not sure why either would choose Ottawa, or why Ottawa would think either would fit their timeline.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Yzerman probably just didn't/doesn't want to give up a first for DeBrincat and I don't blame him at all.
At this point I'm hoping Nylander becomes available. Going forward I'd rather have either him or DBC than any first rounders, because this isn't a bottom 5 team anymore and they're never winning the lottery to land a guy who might be comparable to these two.

Reactions: sureWhyNot

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I still say trade Boston ‘24 1st and Zadina and something else and you’re in the ballpark.

I feel like Dorion just wants to make sure he’s got a Debrincat succession plan for the actual roster next year (FA ready to play now) before he deals
There is still a possibility of a three team trade with Detroit, Ottawa and let's say the Flyers where Konecny would go to Ottawa and Debrincat to Detroit.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
At this point I'm hoping Nylander becomes available. Going forward I'd rather have either him or DBC than any first rounders, because this isn't a bottom 5 team anymore and they're never winning the lottery to land a guy who might be comparable to these two.
They can also use the first to trade for another player that they like more than DeBrincat or Nylander.

What if Pettersson becomes available?

Reactions: Henkka

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

Nylander is going to want more than Larkin. Good with that?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Assuming Bertuzzi stays in Boston, that leaves Kane and Tarasenko. Not sure why either would choose Ottawa, or why Ottawa would think either would fit their timeline.
It did just come out that bert is going to FA....

No I don't want a crazy contract, but I, for one, have not completely written him off coming back and would actually welcome him back. As long as the contract was cost-effective, I'm good.

Something like 5x5? Highest, I'd go is 5x6 but idk. You want your captain happy and probably told him that you will start competing soon....bring back arguably his best friend on the team to curb expectations before you really push for it?

Kubalik (DBC?) - Larkin - Bert
Ras - Copp - Raymond
Perron - Kasper - Fabbri
Soderblom - Veleno/Czarnick - Berggren

I mean, it's basically the same team as last year, I get it. But we were competing pretty well until early February or so. If we were able to get DBC for minimal roster players then, could be something like:

Debrincat - Larkin - Bert
Ras/Kubalik - Copp - Raymond
Ras/Kubalik - Kasper - Perron
Fabbri - Veleno/Czarnick - Berggren

Walman - Seider
Ed - Chiarot/UFA/Trade (Pesce???)
Maatta - Chiarot/UFA/Trade (Pesce???)

Husso
Raanta

If you include berggren + zadina in the DBC trade then put soderblom there. Honestly, This would be a good to great lineup. Our defense is pretty good too. Get Raanta as the backup and we should be in the playoffs. Nice little Finland connection there.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It did just come out that bert is going to FA....

No I don't want a crazy contract, but I, for one, have not completely written him off coming back and would actually welcome him back. As long as the contract was cost-effective, I'm good.

Something like 5x5? Highest, I'd go is 5x6 but idk. You want your captain happy and probably told him that you will start competing soon....bring back arguably his best friend on the team to curb expectations before you really push for it?

Kubalik (DBC?) - Larkin - Bert
Ras - Copp - Raymond
Perron - Kasper - Fabbri
Soderblom - Veleno/Czarnick - Berggren

I mean, it's basically the same team as last year, I get it. But we were competing pretty well until early February or so. If we were able to get DBC for minimal roster players then, could be something like:

Debrincat - Larkin - Bert
Ras/Kubalik - Copp - Raymond
Ras/Kubalik - Kasper - Perron
Fabbri - Veleno/Czarnick - Berggren

Walman - Seider
Ed - Chiarot/UFA/Trade (Pesce???)
Maatta - Chiarot/UFA/Trade (Pesce???)

Husso
Raanta

If you include berggren + zadina in the DBC trade then put soderblom there. Honestly, This would be a good to great lineup. Our defense is pretty good too. Get Raanta as the backup and we should be in the playoffs. Nice little Finland connection there.
And this is all not including yamo or Kostin. Not sure if Yamo is going to be on the team or not. I could see a package of yamo/berggren/zadina being traded.

Someone above me said something about three team trade with PHI and OTT.

DET
Debrincat

OTT
Zadina
Konecny

PHI
Berggren
2024 Bos 1st
2024 OTT 2nd
Yamo?

Yeah PHI gets dumps but the picks would be mainly what its for. Two players for roster spots. Briere might like the short guys so there's yamo for you.

If Kostin gets signed (seems like he will) then I would put him on the 3rd/4th line, take out berggren and rotate him with fabbri on the third?

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
This likely is what's going on. DeBrincat wants Detroit more than Detroit wants DeBrincat.
I think that's the case. Also Nylander >>> DeBrincat. If we can get him we should be on that. Only untouchables in a trade for Nylander are Raymond Seider and Larkin. Hesitant on Kasper due to wanting center depth. So yes I'd be open to talking Edvinsson for Nylander.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think that's the case. Also Nylander >>> DeBrincat. If we can get him we should be on that. Only untouchables in a trade for Nylander are Raymond Seider and Larkin. Hesitant on Kasper due to wanting center depth. So yes I'd be open to talking Edvinsson for Nylander.
Toronto is not going to get young core level pieces for a guy with one year left. Tkachuk fetched two pending UFAs 4+ years older than him.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
What, you want to start a mutiny on yourself or something?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nylander is going to want more than Larkin. Good with that?
If I believe he's going to be a better player than Larkin? Absolutely. There's nothing magical about Dylan being the highest paid player.

Conversely, if I don't think Nylander (or whomever I'm trading for) even comes close to Larkin for impact, then I'm not paying them $9M+ just for funsies.

If they're roughly equivalent for on-ice performance? Then you work the negotiation as best your can and see how it shakes out. But I don't have a hard cap on anybody making more than Larkin, at least not as a singular reason for passing on a very good player.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Toronto is not going to get young core level pieces for a guy with one year left. Tkachuk fetched two pending UFAs 4+ years older than him.
That's just the best trade asset we have that would work. Nylander would be the best player on our team. Just saying we're really gonna have to give to get with a Nylander deal. If we dont have what they want then oh well it won't happen.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I wonder if Stevie has kicked the tires i to see if Elias Lindholm could be moved out of Calgary. He is 28 on his last year at $4,850 million and will be a UFA in 2024-2025. The Flames have only about 2,500,000 in cap space.

Last edited:

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Matt Duchene bought out. Do the Debrincat trade rumors to Nashville still make sense with this info? Would they be looking to add while unloading a guy like Duchene?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Matt Duchene bought out. Do the Debrincat trade rumors to Nashville still make sense with this info? Would they be looking to add while unloading a guy like Duchene?
Trotz said that they are looking to do a mass rebuild. I just don't see how having forsberg/saros/dbc/josi on your team would help you get that rebuild started on a good foot. You want high picks to start rebuilding.

Yes DBC would help, but it would ruin their draft standings by at least 2 or 3 spots no? That is the difference between Fantilli and Reinbacher/Simashev...All are fine players but there is an obvious winner there. (at least for now)

Reactions: SoupNazi

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Take it for what you will, but there's a guy on the main boards who claims to have a source in Ottawa, and other people vouched for this guy having a source, that said Detroit offered a 2nd, Boston's 1st, and Berggren and Ottawa turned it down.

So for everyone super upset that we didn't make a trade, maybe you need to up your offers substantially and reconsider if you're still mad about us not making a move.
Well, we had Rice with a really good source tell us that we landed Ryan Suter too. :sarcasm:. This is why we now have Ricelund

• Love
Reactions: izlez and Ricelund

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
wasn't the source like Chelios publicly saying he was coming too lol? Or was that just the icing on the cake
I don't believe so. I remember the Chelios and Ilitch thing being that Mike thought he did the walk in, drop bag, acquire player. That was how he always negotiated. It's why Fedorov left and Scherzer left. Mr. I was big on the "I got the biggest dick in the room negotiations." He offered Fedorov 5x10 and got pissed that Fedorov said he needed time to think about it. He offered Scherzer 6/144 and was pissed when Scherzer didn't jump at it. With Scherzer, that was when Mr. I was end of life and had lost touch with the market. 6/144 was a lowball offer for Max Scherzer

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Friedman says he thinks Yzerman's out on DeBrincat, didn't like Ottawa's asking price. This is around the 29:30 mark.

I don't believe so. I remember the Chelios and Ilitch thing being that Mike thought he did the walk in, drop bag, acquire player. That was how he always negotiated. It's why Fedorov left and Scherzer left. Mr. I was big on the "I got the biggest dick in the room negotiations." He offered Fedorov 5x10 and got pissed that Fedorov said he needed time to think about it. He offered Scherzer 6/144 and was pissed when Scherzer didn't jump at it. With Scherzer, that was when Mr. I was end of life and had lost touch with the market. 6/144 was a lowball offer for Max Scherzer
Yeah, the Scherzer offer was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad