Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not all. There were quite a few that were adament he was a good coach.

They kept pointing to his record and how we made ECF.

Other said coaching doesnt matter.

The smart ones knew he sucked as coach and that was the biggest reason why we underachieved.

I remember before he was hired people said he wasn't an Xs and Os guy. So what was he?

GENESISPuck94

May 2, 2022
NJ
Laf has as many goals as Jack Hughes so far this season. 2 of Hughes' 4 goals are on the PP. Laf has more EV goals.

Hughes also averages over 22 minutes per game while Laf only averages a little over 15 minutes per game with barely any time on PP2.

7 of Hughes' assists are PP assists.

Stutzle has 2 goals and 6 assists. 4 of his 6 assists are on the PP. He averages over 21 minutes per game.

Bedard (the new golden child of the NHL) has 2 goals. 1 of them is on the PP. He averages 20 minutes per game and is on the top PP unit.

What's the difference here.

I thought Laf sucks? Can't hockey. Is fat. Has a stupid beard.

The only difference between Laf and his peers is out of his control. It's deployment. Put him on PP1 he'd be pacing Hughes right now. Instead, another dinosaur coach favors a scrub with no offensive instincts but can win a faceoff, despite the fact the team's #1 center is also on the unit at the same time. His production has always been good. He doesn't get the same opportunities, still doesn't. He has to score as many goals and points as his peers but do it all 5v5 with no time on PP1 or 4v4 or 3v3 OT and overall 5 plus minutes less ice time per game.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Another goal?
1698408545906.gif

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Laf has as many goals as Jack Hughes so far this season. 2 of Hughes' 4 goals are on the PP. Laf has more EV goals.

Hughes also averages over 22 minutes per game while Laf only averages a little over 15 minutes per game with barely any time on PP2.

Stutzle has 2 goals and 6 assists. 4 of his 6 assists are on the PP. He averages over 21 minutes per game.

Bedard (the new golden child of the NHL) has 2 goals. 1 of them is on the PP. He averages 20 minutes per game and is on the top PP unit.

The only difference between Laf and his peers is out of his control. It's deployment. Put him on PP1 he'd be pacing Hughes right now. Instead, another dinosaur coach favors a scrub with no offensive instincts but can win a faceoff, despite the fact the team's #1 center is also on the unit at the same time. His production has always been good. He doesn't get the same opportunities, still doesn't. He has to score as many goals and points as his peers but do it all 5v5 with no time on PP1 or 4v4 or 3v3 OT and overall 5 plus minutes less ice time per game.
I think i'm past the point of caring about PP time. Let other fan bases not understand the full picture. Who cares? It keeps our young talent cheaper for the next contract, and they all look pretty good under Lav. It's not like our specials are costing us wins. Quite the opposite.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You got 1. Good start.

He pulled up and found the open lane from Bread. Exactly what we talked about
I liked seeing him pull up. That is what Marty St. Louis would do. Previously Laf would continue straight to the net. Good move by Laf to find the open ice.

I think he might be reading these boards!!
Maybe so lol :)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Imagine that.. some more playing time and he is doing fine. Take away zbad panarin or kreiders pp points and move any of them to the third line and what do you have? Laf the last three years
More about how Laf is playing than how much Laf is playing imo. Playing with Bread is also helping both young guys on that French Toast line.

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
Very happy Laf looks this good, especially playing out of his natural position. He’s shooting at an obviously unsustainable 40% rate now, so hopefully the As start racking up as his scoring pace slows. The league will continue to yell “bust,” but reaching 50-55P almost entirely at ES would be a huge win for his development and put him w/ some impressive company around the league.

Beniersgeron

Release the Kraken!
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door

I like Laffy alot... but please dont go there, Hughes is on a different level right now, I do hope with a huge injection of confidence Laffy can come closer to Hughes in term of impacting the game.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I like Laffy alot... but please dont go there, Hughes is on a different level right now, I do hope with a huge injection of confidence Laffy can come closer to Hughes in term of impacting the game.
I think it’s way too early to compare to hughes, who’s literally carrying that devils team to wins.
But I also think Laf continuing at this level of play, and that discussion might be coming up sooner than later.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Laffy isnt a game breaker like Hughes (not many are), but he's 10x more noticeable out there and he's pulling off moves, plays, passes, reads, shots on a more consistent basis than what we've seen in the past.

Its a real good sign and hopefully his confidence continues to grow at this level.

Hughes is going to get a lot of hardware this season. The Bing, possibly MVP and if McDavid continues to be out the Ross as well. He's the envy of all teams, not just the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad