Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Has there ever been as much talk about a 3rd-4th line centre who can't score as there has been with Burmi?

With a little more seasoning for guys in St. Johns like Lowery, Klingberg etc. you easily have Burmi's replacement with the added benefit of having a player that can score!

misterb

Mar 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Burmi isn't coming back to play 4th center guys so he won't be a Jet.

Hopefully we get a 2nd or 3rd draft day.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
IMO there is no way you play Burmistrov at C over Scheifele , none .

I think you are right, but as a 3rd line centre, with shadow capabilities, Burmistrov has potential. You could switch Scheif and Little, I just remember them having played together in the offseason with success before Scheifele was a regular...I still think that would be 3 outstanding lines.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Has there ever been as much talk about a 3rd-4th line centre who can't score as there has been with Burmi?

With a little more seasoning for guys in St. Johns like Lowery, Klingberg etc. you easily have Burmi's replacement with the added benefit of having a player that can score!

kFg2PET.png

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Yea we talk allot more about a back up goalie than we do about a solid top 9 asset. I disagree with the bolded. Klinger was drafted in the same class as Burmi so no way he passes him unless he gets a talent transplant. I love Lowry and will hope for the best but he is one year different in age and Alex and he has a different pedigree. Alex is a good all around player who had decent PP/60 scoring rates and if he comes back he will be a very solid addition.

I think Burmi Fro could be a killer PK forward unit.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I go away for a week and I shockingly come back to by and large a much more positive board.... I really should go on vacation more lol.

I think bringing Burmie back would be an excellent move if he's matured a bit. I think he can be a very strong young support addition even if his offense never really improves.

As others have said I think this sheds some light on the Frolik talks. Surprisingly I feel more confident that he signs in light of the Burmie news. I think agreeing to one year deal will allow Chevy to really see if Frolik will be worth the cash he's asking for.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I go away for a week and I shockingly come back to by and large a much more positive board.... I really should go on vacation more lol.

I think bringing Burmie back would be an excellent move if he's matured a bit. I think he can be a very strong young support addition even if his offense never really improves.

As others have said I think this sheds some light on the Frolik talks. Surprisingly I feel more confident that he signs in light of the Burmie news. I think agreeing to one year deal will allow Chevy to really see if Frolik will be worth the cash he's asking for.

Some yes. How much we will never know. Could the 1 year contract have been a 'show me' deal? If you think you are worth x$ you have until January to prove it. Could be I suppose. That might be pretty risky but less so if you are confident that Burmi is waiting in the wings.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I'd like both Burmi and Frolik on the third line, and 1st pk unit.

If the team looks to be improving, I can see both being apart of it. If it flounders, I can see both wanting to be elsewhere. Burmi has less NHL options, but Frolik can bolt.

jetkarma*

Burmi isn't coming back to play 4th center guys so he won't be a Jet.

Hopefully we get a 2nd or 3rd draft day.

Other options than 4th line C of course. IMO he is a better winger than C at this point in his career , we'll see how he develops this year in the KHL.

Regardless he is an asset , one that could fill a spot in the 8/9 range for forwards. He also would allow us more options for any trades we may pursue as we would have added a legitimate young third liner , with upside and very good PK abilities.

We don't turn away assets like him , especially if he is willing to play for the right price and has matured.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'd like both Burmi and Frolik on the third line, and 1st pk unit.

If the team looks to be improving, I can see both being apart of it. If it flounders, I can see both wanting to be elsewhere. Burmi has less NHL options, but Frolik can bolt.

This would be an awesome lineup

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Ehlers
Burmistrov Perreault Frolik
4th line

jetkarma*

It is a positive note , and we sure can use that.

At worst he is a solid third line W or C , that offers very good PK attributes and increases our depth and options. As I previously mentioned , if we presume he comes back , we sign Frolik and Ehlers is ready , we have more than enough plus players for three top lines . It also allows Buff to be back at D or , gives us legitimate trade options.

Having a settled plus G situation then would be the only piece not in place imo . Sure you can always get better , improve on existing players , but we would then go to a solid top to bottom roster , with line options and prospects knocking at the door as well. Very different , very much improved , kind of like the team was rebuilt.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
This would be an awesome lineup

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Scheifele Ehlers
Burmistrov Perreault Frolik
4th line

That's a pretty fast top 3 lines, but I wouldn't expect Ehlers to make the team this year, maybe in a couple same time as expected return date of Burmi

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That's a pretty fast top 3 lines, but I wouldn't expect Ehlers to make the team this year, maybe in a couple same time as expected return date of Burmi

Agree on both points. Even if Wheels and Scheif spend part of their time on their butts, that's a damned fast lineup. Perhaps next year, unless Ehlers busts the door down in TC.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea I am all aboard the 2015-16 hype train IF we can get Fro inked and Burmi back. Add that to another season of experience for Schief, Morrissey, Trouba. The distinct possibility Ehlers could make the team, and we could have a very nice top 9. Also 12 months from now we could have real hockey player options with grit for the 4th line. Not to mention we could have 5 top 4 defenders if Morrissey develops like I think he will in the next year. Buff, Toby, Trouba, Morrissey, and Bogo.

There are Some contractual and budget realities that will have to be planned for. DO they extend Buff and Ladd and if so how much do they cost? What will Fro cost? what do you do with Pavs? I think they need to approach the goaltending in 2015-16 with a killer instinct.

Lots of time between now and then but that has the makings of a playoff team.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Agree on both points. Even if Wheels and Scheif spend part of their time on their butts, that's a damned fast lineup. Perhaps next year, unless Ehlers busts the door down in TC.

Agreed, if or when it happens we might have the fastest team in the NHL, I like nothing more than pure speed.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think you are right, but as a 3rd line centre, with shadow capabilities, Burmistrov has potential. You could switch Scheif and Little, I just remember them having played together in the offseason with success before Scheifele was a regular...I still think that would be 3 outstanding lines.

He can play RW right?
so something like:
LLF
BSW
Kane Perreault Burmistrov
GSO
seems like a pretty good lineup (even better if Ehlers etc. can get in)

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Yea I am all aboard the 2015-16 hype train IF we can get Fro inked and Burmi back. Add that to another season of experience for Schief, Morrissey, Trouba. The distinct possibility Ehlers could make the team, and we could have a very nice top 9. Also 12 months from now we could have real hockey player options with grit for the 4th line. Not to mention we could have 5 top 4 defenders if Morrissey develops like I think he will in the next year. Buff, Toby, Trouba, Morrissey, and Bogo.

There are Some contractual and budget realities that will have to be planned for. DO they extend Buff and Ladd and if so how much do they cost? What will Fro cost? what do you do with Pavs? I think they need to approach the goaltending in 2015-16 with a killer instinct.

Lots of time between now and then but that has the makings of a playoff team.

I still believe this year will be more of a development year, team continues to grow and develop. It will be another close year if we make playoffs or not. Minor improvements throughout most of our lineup and prospects development. Fro will be signed at $4.25mill/year.

But I believe 2015 will show some significant and noticeable change. Younger players and prospects make noticeable improvements and the team will make the playoffs. Goaltending will be resolved one way or another, most likely Pavs as our new backup. Ehlers makes our team, JoMor will show real improvement as one of our top 4. Buff will be traded and not on the team. Ladd will be resigned.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
This maybe sheds some light on the Frolik deal.

Frolik/Walsh, viewing the Jets as desperate to ice a solid top-9, asked for the big bucks.

Chevy knew/hoped that Burmistrov would return, and once he could depend on that, he'd have more ammunition in the trade negotiations. "Don't want to play as a Jet? Fine, Burmistrov will be happy to take your ice time."

In which case, maybe the 1 year deal was the best of all options. Don't sign an overpriced long-term deal. Don't lose Fro completely. Bide your time until you have the upper- (or at least less of a lower-) hand.

Never thought of it from this perspective but I definitely agree with you.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I still believe this year will be more of a development year

But I believe 2015 will show some significant and noticeable change. Younger players and prospects make noticeable improvements and the team will make the playoffs. Goaltending will be resolved one way or another, most likely Pavs as our new backup. Ehlers makes our team, JoMor will show real improvement as one of our top 4. Buff will be traded and not on the team. Ladd will be resigned.

This is what my crystal ball is telling me too.

Although it is slightly fuzzier when it comes to Buff. I could also see him back on D once we have the talent to fill 3 solid scoring lines without him.

If we did trade Buff, what would it be for? Another D? Then why bother? Another F? If we are successful with Ehlers, Burmistrov, and Frolik, this seems unnecessary. Picks/prospects? Maybe. But you could argue 15/16 will be the magic year things come together for the Jets, and you might want to keep Buff around for that ride. Unless TNSE simply can't afford him along with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad