Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
the best part about sticking to a plan you haven't discussed is when things go you're way you can take complete credit for it!

Chevy or Maurice(under Chevy's direction) being directly involved in discussions with Burmi to bring him to this point and that affecting other decisions that Chevy is making is not too far-fetched an idea, is it?

jetkarma*

the best part about sticking to a plan you haven't discussed is when things go you're way you can take complete credit for it!

No need to do that , if it works that is ALL that matters.

Some GM's may like to wag their tongues ,some prefer to be more reserved. All that matters is the end result imo .

BTW what do Morrissey , Lowry , Nogier and Cheveldayoff have in common besides all being Jets?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No arguments from me regarding that , sure that trend continues. Regardless of where we pick we'll get a good to very good player imo .

Just pointing out there are a couple D prospects that could be in the mix and if a couple of the forwards develop Hanafin could drop a couple spots . Of course I don't think we pick in the top 5 though.

Not surprised by the Burmistrov news at all , it is something to follow and look forward to this year. Adding a couple forwards like him and Ehlers next year really deepens the talent and creates a lot of options as I said , very positive ones.

Yea getting Fro done, adding Burmi back, and if Ehlers transitions that is not a small thing, that is an entire line of top 9 players. 2015-16 could look away more interesting.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Some GM's may like to wag their tongues ,some prefer to be more reserved. All that matters is the end result imo .

BTW what do Morrissey , Lowry , Nogier and Cheveldayoff have in common besides all being Jets?

Saskatoon boys?

Last edited by a moderator:

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg

An "o" in their last names? Why am I having so much trouble with riddles today?

jetkarma*

Luck is the residue of design.
Branch Rickey

He got lucky with #42 . Or he was astute enough to determine the path that led to success.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Luck is the residue of design.
Branch Rickey

He got lucky with #42 . Or he was astute enough to determine the path that led to success.

Depends on definition of luck and sample.

Luck in this instance can merely just be factors outside of Chevy's design and control, so to automatically assume that they are due to Chevy can be equally accurate as inaccurate.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
All were WHL scholastic players of the year.

Things aren't "falling into place" just because , just saying ;)

Really?

I have a hard time imagining someone named "Nelson" achieving academic success.

Nelson.png

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg

Luck in this instance can merely just be factors outside of Chevy's design and control, so to automatically assume that they are due to Chevy can be equally accurate as inaccurate.

For a GM of an NHL team to pursue a recent former high first round pick to see if there might be a way to mend fences or reach a solution to an impasse that might be beneficial to both parties seems definitely to be a logical conclusion.

jetkarma*

You intimated ( I believe ) that you think it is possible things "fell into place" with no credit to that happening to the GM . I counter that , you can decide if you want to position it any way you want . The end result is what matters imo and as I and several others have said , it is a long term approach and if we presume we sign/retain Frolik , we have a very very different big picture next season .

I choose to believe a very smart , intelligent overall , hockey astute GM positioned this scenario.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
For a GM of an NHL team to pursue a recent former high first round pick to see if there might be a way to mend fences or reach a solution to an impasse that might be beneficial to both parties seems definitely to be a logical conclusion.

Yes. I'm not talking about pursuing being all luck. That wasn't my point. He did that and he better damn well as it is his job to make the most of assets as he possibly can. If he succeeds, he should be commended. However, to comment that this was all a grand scheme of Chevy's plan and logic is a separate statement altogether.

jetkarma*

Yes. I'm not talking about pursuing being all luck. That wasn't my point. He did that and he better damn well as it is his job to make the most of assets as he possibly can. If he succeeds, he should be commended. However, to comment that this was all a grand scheme of Chevy's plan and logic is a separate statement altogether.

Reacting to situations , determining the path to follow , not panicking , seeing the big picture , realizing the key to building a successful franchise here , all parts of his job . Glad he is doing it the way he is.

He gets my credit.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg

If Chevy talked to Burmistrov and there was a sense that he was coming back, it would logically IMHO totally influence his decisions in terms of length of contract and type of contract that he would offer or not offer to any number of current players. The face of the Jets could radically change next year. Those on a one year contract need to take major steps to indicate that they want to be part of it. I think this really puts Chevy in the driver's seat as far as Frolik's contract goes. We were wondering why a major long-term contract didn't get done. I think we are quite a bit closer to the answer now. Those are the kind of "design" decisions that I think Chevy is consciously making.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd have Burmi play wing - lose too much having Little move imo

plus having multiple C/W that can play either gives some nice flexability

I'm good with that. Shoots left, would fit in well in the top 9. Right now we have Ladd, Kane and somebody playing their off side. With presumably 1 year to wait it gives O'Dell that long to show he belongs in the NHL. Assuming he succeeds we'd have choices and/or a tradeable asset. GSO might make a really good 4th line.

Ladd / Little / Wheeler
Kane / Scheif / Buff
Burmi / Perreault / Frolik
Galiardi / Slater / O'Dell
Tangradi / Thorburn(or Peluso)

You can mix and match those top 9 differently as it suites you but that is a pretty good 14 forwards. We have prospects who will start coming up next year also. There will have to be some trades to make room which should replenish the pipeline.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I just find extremes funny...

There are some that blame Chevy for everything that goes wrong and ignore the good. They say he is an AHL GM and such.

There are some also some that seem to have an excuse for all bad things as being outside of his control but extol all good things as part of his will.

:dunno:

Just one guys observation.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg

There are some that blame Chevy for everything that goes wrong and ignore the good. They say he is an AHL GM and such.

There are some also some that seem to have an excuse for all bad things as being outside of his control but extol all good things as part of his will.

I largely agree with this, except to say there are at least some posters that prefer only to write (as opposed to think) about the positive points. I would put myself into this category.

jetkarma*

As I mentioned before , a couple of presumptions , not assumptions though imo . Realistic , plausible ones brings this picture up a year from now.

Ladd ---------- Little --------- Frolik / Ehlers

Kane ---------- Scheifele ----- Wheeler

Burmistrov ----- Perreault ----- Ehlers / Frolik

Byfuglien

Lowry --------- Slater -------- Kosmachuk

Klingberg ------ O'Dell --------- Lipon

Enstrom ----------------Trouba

Morrissey -------------- Byfuglien

Clitsome ----------------- Bogosian

Stuart ------------------ Postma

Pardy ------------------ Ellerby

Hutchinson ----- Hellebuyck ------- Pavs

Plus some depth players that would be what they are , depth players , that looks promising to me , versatile , flexible and talented and not OLD.

With talent in the system , Petan , Copp , Glover ..... among others .

Delayed gratification ;)

jetkarma*

And some criticize or question but realize no GM can ever be perfect or have everything flow smoothly all the time.

I also see when positive aspects occur , some tend to find some fault or pass the credit , or don't want to look at what this is/was , a longer more sustained approach to getting this franchise to a level it needed to be and was not remotely close to due to mismanagement when it was based in Atlanta.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
You can mix and match those top 9 differently as it suites you but that is a pretty good 14 forwards. We have prospects who will start coming up next year also. There will have to be some trades to make room which should replenish the pipeline.

Right on Mortimer! I think we are within a year or less of a trade heavy time. Burmistrov pushes the timeline on that activity significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad