Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
I totally agree he is just over a year older then Lowry I think he would respond well to a coach like Maurice If we did indeed trade him I think we would benefit from show casing him in our new system which seems to make everyone look good.I think Burmi's defensive game is already very good and would only get better under maurice I could see him developing a lot like Frolik has over the years.

I see Burmi becoming a versatile 2nd/3rd line tweener like Frolik and Perreault are doing for us right now. If he signs with us for next year he'd round out our top 9 quite nicely.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
No
I'm saying given the baggage, the low production and lack of development(Again. Tim Stapleton scores at the same rate as Alex Burmistrov you can't deny it you can't change it that is a fact. in the KHL they score at a similar pace.)
I think it's best to flip him for a pick and wait and see what happens with the KH L to see if we can get a similar player for a cheaper price who doesn't have all the baggage with this organization.

All the baggage?

If you believe those rumours we may as well flip half our squad for picks. We have the Atlanta 5 and friends here remember?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Stapleton is the 8th highest point per min scorer for 5v5 the Jets have had. He also was one of the top PP scorers for the Jets.

It wasn't scoring that made Stapleton without a NHL job. It was that his defensive game was poor. Plus being old gives no upside. (He also had terrible Corsi)

Butmistrov never had Stapleton's issues so compairing their KHL score is a bit dishonest. Also age difference????

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
No
I'm saying given the baggage, the low production and lack of development(Again. Tim Stapleton scores at the same rate as Alex Burmistrov you can't deny it you can't change it that is a fact. in the KHL they score at a similar pace.)
I think it's best to flip him for a pick and wait and see what happens with the KH L to see if we can get a similar player for a cheaper price who doesn't have all the baggage with this organization.

Stapes put up 27 points in 63 games for the Jets as a utility forward. I would kill to have that kind of production off our 3rd line still.

If we are flipping Burmi for a pick might as well throw Schief and Lowry into the fire sale as well no? They are both older than Burmi was when he left so I assume they are done developing as well? I love Adam but he is on pace for 16 points as our 3rd line centre in his draft +4 season and we need more production out of that position.

Now personally I would prefer we retain Lowry, Scheifele, and Burmi and see how coach Maurice can develop them since they are all young and from back to back draft classes.

I realize Adam and Mark are squeaky clean and Burmi has some history but its just business. Kane has baggage and I am sure TNSE would love to flip him but we need to get value for these assets. IMO the best way to maximize value for Burmi is to get him into a fair contract and coach him up.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
You guys are so unwilling to admit that Birmi is anything other then a great playerthat you're not willing to objectively look at my arguments

Do you not see the irony in this? You have been getting well thought out replies to everything you've said. Yet you keep trotting out the same argments, that for the most part are unsubstantiated or just plain wrong. You're so unwilling to admit that burmi is a useful player that you're not willing to look at him objectively as a player. As it has been pointed out though Lowry is on pace for 16 points as a 21 year old. Burmi had 20 points as a 18 year old, saying he had 7 in his first year just proves how badly you want to make him look bad that you won't even use remotely legitimate numbers to make an argument. Burmi is a useful player, wanting to give him away for nothing is foolish. There really are no ifs ands or buts about it and if you disagree thats your own personal vendetta, it has nothing to do with hockey.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
With the type of year we are having is it even in the ream of possibilities to buy out his contract from the faltering KHL and bring him back now? What could happen with Hutch playing more and enough quality players to give us a full 4 lines this year? The "baggage" (AHL Noel) was with Chipman and Hezinger not A.B. in my opinion. I give Chevy too much credit to have either hired him or kept him so long. Whenever I hear Chipman talk about all the knowledge he and his guy Zinger accumulated in their 10 years as AHLer's I cringe. This team needs someone with Sakic like stature as EVP between Chevy and ownership. If I had my way Dale would be brought in to train for that job. Maybe starting with the responsibility of getting a 2nd line with Kane on it going and the power play. Kane has so much potential I would hate to see it wasted. Go on youtube and listen to how Dale has become such an articulate and knowledgable hockey man. His work in Barrie speaks for itself. After a year or two then onto assisting Chevy for another year or two then to EVP. of Hockey Operations.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thai jet: as an RFA, Burmi would have had to sign by December 1st in order to play in the NHL this year.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
With the type of year we are having is it even in the ream of possibilities to buy out his contract from the faltering KHL and bring him back now? What could happen with Hutch playing more and enough quality players to give us a full 4 lines this year? The "baggage" (AHL Noel) was with Chipman and Hezinger not A.B. in my opinion. I give Chevy too much credit to have either hired him or kept him so long. Whenever I hear Chipman talk about all the knowledge he and his guy Zinger accumulated in their 10 years as AHLer's I cringe. This team needs someone with Sakic like stature as EVP between Chevy and ownership. If I had my way Dale would be brought in to train for that job. Maybe starting with the responsibility of getting a 2nd line with Kane on it going and the power play. Kane has so much potential I would hate to see it wasted. Go on youtube and listen to how Dale has become such an articulate and knowledgable hockey man. His work in Barrie speaks for itself. After a year or two then onto assisting Chevy for another year or two then to EVP. of Hockey Operations.

So you think an Executive Vice Presidents first order of business should be to solidify the Jets 2nd line? Pretty sure that's a GMs job. Doubt an EVP would ever get that deep in the weeds unless they were a massive micro manager and if that were the case there would really be no need for a GM. I don't disagree that an EVP between Chevy and Chipman could work.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Evp

So you think an Executive Vice Presidents first order of business should be to solidify the Jets 2nd line? Pretty sure that's a GMs job. Doubt an EVP would ever get that deep in the weeds unless they were a massive micro manager and if that were the case there would really be no need for a GM. I don't disagree that an EVP between Chevy and Chipman could work.

What my post said was put him in coaching, then in the GM office as assistants then as EVP.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
If Frolik is looking for $5M X 5 years, I think the Jets pass and wait for Burmistrov to come back into the fold. Obviously we would all like them both but, that's how I see it playing out.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
If Frolik is looking for $5M X 5 years, I think the Jets pass and wait for Burmistrov to come back into the fold. Obviously we would all like them both but, that's how I see it playing out.

If Frolik is looking for that kind of money he's out of his mind.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

Agreed. There's only 9 spots in the top 9. I find it very unlikely that either Lowry or Burmi take a demotion to 4C. So even if Buff moves back to D there's only two spots in the top 9 to fill with Fro / Burmi / Ehlers / Petan. If Buff stays forward then there's only room for one of those guys.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
The best we can hope Burmi to be is a Frolik but with more strength. Sign Fro and get something back for burmi. Perfect world we can have both, not going to happen though.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Not saying he will get $5 x 5 but he is on pace to get over 40 points again this season as a very good, zero maintenance, defensive forward who can slot in on any line. That might get him close to $5 million as a UFA this summer given how terrible the market is and with the cap possibly going up. It only takes one team once they become UFA's.

I love Fro and hope we can get something done for less than that but given how he is playing and where our team is at he has all the leverage. He is proving last season wasn't a fluke.

I do believe something is going to have to give Buff is getting paid next deal, Ladd is getting paid next deal, Trouba is getting paid next deal and they are all due the same summer. Interesting times to be a team on a budget.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Not saying he will get $5 x 5 but he is on pace to get over 40 points again this season as a very good, zero maintenance, defensive forward who can slot in on any line. That might get him close to $5 million as a UFA this summer given how terrible the market is and with the cap possibly going up. It only takes one team once they become UFA's.

I love Fro and hope we can get something done for less than that but given how he is playing and where our team is at he has all the leverage. He is proving last season wasn't a fluke.

I do believe something is going to have to give Buff is getting paid next deal, Ladd is getting paid next deal, Trouba is getting paid next deal and they are all due the same summer. Interesting times to be a team on a budget.

I don't really see the cap crunch as being as bad as everyone here thinks it will be. Buff is in line for about 1.3m raise, Ladd about 2m and Trouba about 3.5 (I expect he'll get something around a 7 or 8m$ bridge deal)

That's only 7m in additional spending, add in a couple million mode for Frolik and were still sitting pretty with the cap. If this team is going to nickle and dime our players over the ~7m in salary that would get most of them to what would be considered 'market value' then we truly have a problem.

Luckily i don't see TN taking this route, they'll pay to keep these guys because the only alternative is not being a very successful team.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
I don't really see the cap crunch as being as bad as everyone here thinks it will be. Buff is in line for about 1.3m raise, Ladd about 2m and Trouba about 3.5 (I expect he'll get something around a 7 or 8m$ bridge deal)

That's only 7m in additional spending, add in a couple million mode for Frolik and were still sitting pretty with the cap. If this team is going to nickle and dime our players over the ~7m in salary that would get most of them to what would be considered 'market value' then we truly have a problem.

Luckily i don't see TN taking this route, they'll pay to keep these guys because the only alternative is not being a very successful team.

I suspect that the internal cap is based on missing the playoffs. If they feel confident that they will go a couple rounds into the PO's in 2 years we will most likely become close to a cap team. If not, it seems unlikely that they will spend more of their hard earned $$$$$.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Ps, do you not think TN will spend the needed money if we are not only a playoff team, but could be looking to be a serious contender by then? Certainly something could give when the time comes, but in your opinion where would TN sit with regards to spending and seriously competing?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Is he? The guy is a second liner however you slice it. We're paying Kane $5.25 so if Frolik needs the same amount to sign on the dotted line, I'm okay with that. He's too valuable for us to lose at the stage our team is at.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Is he? The guy is a second liner however you slice it. We're paying Kane $5.25 so if Frolik needs the same amount to sign on the dotted line, I'm okay with that. He's too valuable for us to lose at the stage our team is at.

Except Kane was signed to $5.25 per year on potential after his 30 goal season and the lockout looming. I'm betting in retrospect Chevy would have preferred to hold out and sign him to a 2 year bridge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad