Alexander Burmistrov "will almost certainly return to NHL"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yaawn.
Always an excusewith this guy.
Fact. He didn't ever show much here.
rumours of demands for big money and term demanded in his last negotiation.
Rumours he is difficult to coach, Antropov called him difficult to play with.
He went off to Russia and has utterly failed to show he will in any way be better when he comes back. Mediocre team mediocre numbers mediocre league.

Not every first rounder becomes the player they were drafted to be.
I don't think Burmistrov has, and bringing him in will jam up a roster spot that I would rather fill with a solid prospect Like Petan or Copp

No excuse. None required.
He didn't show much for a top 6 C. He showed plenty for a 3RW.
Rumours and rumours of rumours. So what?
Not every player lives up to projections, true. Burmi is one of those. He was projected top 6 scorer. Now he looks like 3rd line 2 way player. Not a complete bust. Play him there for a year while Petan plays in the A. Burmi's trade value should then be higher than it is now.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't know I think the Jets need allot of help on their bottom 2 lines. Currently with Buff playing D and an otherwise healthy forward group we are playing

Kane Lowry Hustle
Nose Slates Tony

Kane is a really good player but after that we are not looking good at all. Maybe Nic and Nik crack the line up maybe they don't but even if they both do we have 4 spots that need replacement minimum and that is before we pick up an injury. Alex is a solid middle six asset that may get between 30 and 40 points next season playing for PMo and that would be pretty big.

I really don't see why we would want to fire sale a guy that was the draft before Scheif and Lowry? He fits age wise into our core and I say we get him on a 2 year bridge deal and let him show us what he's got. If he is a head case then we punt.

Last edited:

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Truck.

False Biases? C'mon.
He's not some Elite talent.

What were Tim Stapelton's KHL #s?

Isn't he a top line centre in the K?

I'd say it's third best after the AHL but if you really want to argue pure talent wise, it might be #4 behind the SEL

I'll take Burmi back, but he's gonna have to play his role and come cheap. For a 1-2 year show-me deal.
If the K Contracts we could get better for less I bet.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I find it funny that posters think a guy that needed to develop a better north american style has imporved that in the K.

We want him to play on the third line ! That is part of why he went over there he is star in his eyes.

Trade him get what you can.

You know AK Bars was his childhood team, right?

The opportunity came up. It was a perfect storm. The coach (who we all pretty much agree was a trainwreck) didn't use him right. The Jets were strapped for cap space. Burmistrov was an RFA.

I think it was the perfect storm. I see Burmistrov coming back and playing very well for Maurice.

I think people expected Burmi to be Datsyuk and they can't lower expectations offensively.

Any Jets property that we can either play or leverage is something worth having and developing.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
2011-15 expected goal differential rates using shot differentials weighted by shot location (low slot, high slot, outside):

B5lIuJICUAEtHNH.png

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Truck.

False Biases? C'mon.

I'd say it's third best after the AHL but if you really want to argue pure talent wise, it might be #4 behind the SEL

I'll take Burmi back, but he's gonna have to play his role and come cheap. For a 1-2 year show-me deal.

lol you seriously didnt just argue ahl is better than khl? lol ahl is like 5th best league in world at the VERY best.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Truck.

False Biases? C'mon.

"False information and biases" was specifically referencing this comment:

Mediocre team mediocre numbers mediocre league.

Because "he is a top player on one of the best teams in the world's second best hockey league."

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
"False information and biases" was specifically referencing this comment:

Because "he is a top player on one of the best teams in the world's second best hockey league."

So is Tim Stapleton.

What's your point.

My point is we flip him for a pick and use any cash savings from his contract to find a similar player with a real NHL pedigree

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
So is Tim Stapleton.

What's your point.

My point is we flip him for a pick and use any cash savings from his contract to find a similar player with a real NHL pedigree

Because 3 years of being a good defensive third liner at the ancient ages of 18, 19, and 20 isn't a NHL pedigree.

seasontixholder*

Okay. He has a pedigree.
He's worth something as an asset.

But not at KHL prices it isn't.
If he comes he needs to come for an inexpensive short term contract.

So you can honestly say Halischuk is an upgrade to Burmi? If you think that, then we can't help you anymore.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Where did I say I "wanted" Halischuck ? Ever in my life?

I'm saying when Burmi left, he had done nothing to show me he was better than a 3-4C grinder.
I like parts of his game but the money he was looking for was out of the question.
Add to that Antros comment. And I wasn't sad to see him go.
In The K hes a comparable with Tim Stapleton.
ThinkAbout that.

He's on Tim Stapleton's pace.

So where is the "growth" to potential?

If he isn't a bust yet, how many more seasons until we can realist he's not a very good NHL Player?

He's very replaceable IMO.
Adam Lowry for instance is very close to doing everything Burmi did.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011

I'm saying when Burmi left, he had done nothing to show me he was better than a 3-4C grinder.
I like parts of his game but the money he was looking for was out of the question.
ThinkAbout that.

If he isn't a bust yet, how many more seasons until we can realist he's not a very good NHL Player?

But Burmi was a pretty good NHL player before he left at 21? How can you possible hate on Burmi but think Lowry is close to him? Lowry is essentially the same age and does literally nothing better than Burmi did before he left.

You need to watch more hockey friend

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS

ThinkAbout that.

how much money was he asking for again?

you really aren't basing any of your argument on facts, statistics, or anything like that.

my impression is you're mad he left the team (which was his right) and you feel snubbed. right or wrong, that's how it sounds.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
But Burmi was a pretty good NHL player before he left at 21? How can you possible hate on Burmi but think Lowry is close to him? Lowry is essentially the same age and does literally nothing better than Burmi did before he left.

You need to watch more hockey friend

yep lowry is the same age burmi was when last we saw him in a jets jersey. how anyone can think he's further ahead than burmi is beyond my comprehension. (and that's not a knock on lowry).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

ThinkAbout that.

I don't think you know what money he was asking for. What you might have heard was rumour. 1 comment from Antro? That's all you've got?

He does have to agree to a reasonable contract and he does have to play the system the team is using. I think that system will suit him pretty well. He could easily be a 30-40 point 3rd line winger. I wouldn't mind seeing him traded either as long as we get something decent for him. I don't want to just toss him on the scrapheap.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I got my idea of what he was asking for money by the undeniable incontrovertible fact that he and the jets failed to sign a contract.
Ergo the jets were not paying what he felt he was worth.

3 cups worth

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
I got my idea of what he was asking for money by the undeniable incontrovertible fact that he and the jets failed to sign a contract.
Ergo the jets were not paying what he felt he was worth.

3 cups worth

The jets, like most other teams in the league, had no cap space after the lockout. Someone had to be the odd man out so that means he was asking for to much money?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The jets, like most other teams in the league, had no cap space after the lockout. Someone had to be the odd man out so that means he was asking for to much money?

Yes...the Jets had about $600k of cap space in 2013-14. There just wasn't going to be room for Burmistrov after the team acquired Setoguchi and Frolik (about $5.3 million in cap hit between them).

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

ThinkAbout that.

Burmi was in fact very similar to Lowry.

And what you're saying is "lets just flip Lowry for a pick because unsubstantiated reasons". Which I think would understandably disgruntle plenty as you've seen.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
If Burmi can produce at his 2011/12 rate, then our 3rd line becomes much more dangerous offensively, and doesn't lose anything defensively.

That's easily worth over $2 mill/yr, IMO.

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
But Lowry is 6'5" and Not Russian (sarcasm)

Great reply btw. Amazing how people have blinders on and see only what they want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad