Alex Edler - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Send him to Florida, they can have a Special Ed's pairing. Will take the short bus on trips to Tampa.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Sens fan here, Been thinking about Edler for a while now and I think a deal could be worked out but definately not with Zibby and the reason is simple, Spezza's contract is up and Zibby is ready to play a more important role on the team. I dont know If the Sens will trade Spezza but most Sens fan do agree that there is good chances it happens in the summer or before the deadline.

I don't know what you guys would want for Edler but I see you guys could use a good RW on the Sedin line. Bobby Ryan will be UfA next season and everything seems to look like he wont resign here(doesnt like coach, plays poor minutes,etc)

That being said Ottawa absolutely need a top pairing defensemen and in a critical way. Would you guys see a deal like
Ryan + Wiercoch/Gryba/Borowiecki + prospect

For

Edler, 2015 1rst, prospect and RW

Of course the deal could be more balanced.. i'm only bringing a suggestion.

Numbers

Sep 26, 2011
Sens fan here, Been thinking about Edler for a while now and I think a deal could be worked out but definately not with Zibby and the reason is simple, Spezza's contract is up and Zibby is ready to play a more important role on the team. I dont know If the Sens will trade Spezza but most Sens fan do agree that there is good chances it happens in the summer or before the deadline.

I don't know what you guys would want for Edler but I see you guys could use a good RW on the Sedin line. Bobby Ryan will be UfA next season and everything seems to look like he wont resign here(doesnt like coach, plays poor minutes,etc)

That being said Ottawa absolutely need a top pairing defensemen and in a critical way. Would you guys see a deal like

For

I think a deal like this isn't realistic. To many moving parts. What about Edler for Ryan straight up?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think a deal like this isn't realistic. To many moving parts. What about Edler for Ryan straight up?

Thought about it but would need more than Elder coming back.

The other thing is Sens have about 9 NHL defensemen but none other than Karlsson and Methot can play in the top 4. We have Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Phillips, Gryba, Cowen, Wiercoch, Borowiecki, and Claesson and Corvo (UFA)

At the end of the day we need to get rid of some defensemens if we want to bring someone in. Besides, Wiercoch is a similar defensemen to Edler ... Guy is 6'5'' offensive D with some defensive work to do but I think Edler is better and would make great pairing with Karlsson

Wetcoaster

According to Tortorella the coaching staff has been pushing Edler to carry the puck more and use his legas over the last few games. It seems to be paying off.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks Edler has points in 3 straight games. First time that's happened since first week of the season

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
According to Tortorella the coaching staff has been pushing Edler to carry the puck more and use his legas over the last few games. It seems to be paying off.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
#Canucks Edler has points in 3 straight games. First time that's happened since first week of the season

Funny how they come up with this after watching Edler excel during the Olympics playing exactly that kind of game. Makes me think that the very same coaching staff tried to get Edler to play "their game" with rather unfortunate results.

This coaching staff seems to be letting go of the idea of forcing players to play a style of game to which they are not very suited, and frankly the team looks to be the better for it.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

For

I wouldn't be interested whatsoever.

Yeah, Edler is having a pretty bad season, but I wouldn't move him PLUS what could potentially be a top 15 pick PLUS a "RW" for an upcoming UFA top 6 forward and an alright player.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
No team picking top 10 in a season will give up their next season's 1st round pick unless the trade is absolute larceny.

Wetcoaster

Funny how they come up with this after watching Edler excel during the Olympics playing exactly that kind of game. Makes me think that the very same coaching staff tried to get Edler to play "their game" with rather unfortunate results.

This coaching staff seems to be letting go of the idea of forcing players to play a style of game to which they are not very suited, and frankly the team looks to be the better for it.
Too little, too late?

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010

For

How about Edler+ for OTT 2015 1st and Lazar?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011

For

I would never do this deal. Ottawa has a lot of nice pieces, but the only kind of trade that is intriguing would be for Zib, or two of Lazar/Ceci/2015 1st.

Of course, I also see Edler as being the kind of player he was for the three seasons in a row prior to this one rather than how he's been this year, so my opinion may be different than those who want to buy him out...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I would never do this deal. Ottawa has a lot of nice pieces, but the only kind of trade that is intriguing would be for Zib, or two of Lazar/Ceci/2015 1st.

Of course, I also see Edler as being the kind of player he was for the three seasons in a row prior to this one rather than how he's been this year, so my opinion may be different than those who want to buy him out...

Yea definately! Ceci is very good. Wouldn't even give him up for Edler straight up. He will be just as good sooner than later.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Yea definately! Ceci is very good. Wouldn't even give him up for Edler straight up. He will be just as good sooner than later.

So why trade for Edler?

Just wait for Ceci to develop then. Too easy.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Thought about it but would need more than Elder coming back.

The other thing is Sens have about 9 NHL defensemen but none other than Karlsson and Methot can play in the top 4. We have Karlsson, Methot, Ceci, Phillips, Gryba, Cowen, Wiercoch, Borowiecki, and Claesson and Corvo (UFA)

At the end of the day we need to get rid of some defensemens if we want to bring someone in. Besides, Wiercoch is a similar defensemen to Edler ... Guy is 6'5'' offensive D with some defensive work to do but I think Edler is better and would make great pairing with Karlsson

Edler for Ryan would be a good deal for Ottawa if you ask me, that's under the assumption that Ryan doesn't want to re-sign. You'd essentially be trading a rental player for a top pairing defenseman signed long term below market value.

It's not a deal I make as a Canuck fan though. I'd be looking for a high 1st or a good young piece coming back, among other lesser pieces. Ryan likely won't sign with us either, so I don't want to pay a premium for him considering we may not be too competitive next year.

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Edler wins the +/- race

The minus side that is.

Edler manages to finish a 5-1 Canucks rout as a -1. Ending the season with a -39, one more than Steve Ott's -38 (thanks to this game).

Congrats Eddy :handclap:, a season to remember.

John Bender*

The minus side that is.

Edler manages to finish a 5-1 Canucks rout as a -1. Ending the season with a -39, one more than Steve Ott's -38 (thanks to this game).

Congrats Eddy :handclap:, a season to remember.

That's freaking incredible. All these people suggesting that Edler be dealt for some big return.......maybe we ought to recognize that the guy has pretty poor value right now.

How he manages to be a minus 1 tonight......amazing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I was saying before the season started that Torts would do wonders for Edler's game.

I'll show myself out

DsoETSD.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad