Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Can you imagine being a Leafs or Habs fan living in Ottawa and hearing the constant spout of drivel attacking the city (not the team) while you have to stand back and take it? Ottawa is an amazing city and I have fond memories of the time I spent there growing up. In some ways I think it is far superior to either Toronto or Montreal, however I consider those also to be world-class cities. We are very fortunate to live in Canada (although I realize that there are some here who don't live in this country).

Who attacks the city ? Some comment the that people chose not to live here … perhaps interested in your world class cities ? like apparently you have chosen when you moved away from Ottawa … and Mrs. DBC … that’s all.

I live here and I love the city. Where did you move too? Unemployment is low … I’m sure you could get a job in whatever industry your in and move back ?

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I grew up in Winnipeg and then Ottawa. Hands down I would take the bitter cold and dryness of Winnipeg over the slush and bone-chilling cold of Ottawa. The coldest I ever felt (other than falling through the ice on Lake of the Woods in January LOL) was waiting for a bus on Wellington when it was -20. I know this is a loaded question but which neighbourhood are you from? I spent a lot of years in St. B but bought a house in old St. Vistal, before moving on to Saskatoon.
St. James

Reactions: Poxsonus

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
St. James

I lived in Winnipeg for many years in different locations: West Kildonan, St. James, the Maples, Norwood flats, Crescentview, Pembina Hwy near University, St. Norbert and Lindenwoods.

The coldest I ever felt was walking down Portage Ave. from Main Street (Richardson Building) to the Northstar Inn when it was 40 degrees below zero with a vicious wind in my face. I had to stop every block in a building to warm up. I had a big parka with a snorkel hood too.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Well… does that mean Mrs. DBC and the new baby aren’t even moving to Ottawa for the season and he’s “renting” a place this season?

I wonder if she’s staying in Chicago or Michigan?

The dream of DBC owning a crib in StittsVegas with little kidos lighting up KMHL just took a step back…
…if it were true. But it isn’t.

Josh Norris will indeed have a new roommate in his new mansion. And it ain’t ADB. I know for a fact so this can be put to rest. All I will say is the roommate will be someone that Norris played with in Belleville

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
…if it were true. But it isn’t.

Josh Norris will indeed have a new roommate in his new mansion. And it ain’t ADB. I know for a fact so this can be put to rest. All I will say is the roommate will be someone that Norris played with in Belleville

Hopefully Parker Kelly !

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lalime Martian said his informator was wrong. Norris gonna share a house with Batherson
It is someone he played with on Belleville, and now it is a guessing game as there are three or four guys that could be in that house. I won't tell anyone who it is other than the hint of being a Belleville teammate, because I know too many people and don't want to betray anyone's confidence.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think I will actually process this properly on opening night and enter a freaking shock when I see DeBrincat and Giroux lining up beside Stutzle.

Still haven't truly fathomed what transpired this off-season yet, I feel.
Reading your note made me check my tickets for the season. I've got opening night. Woohoo!

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Dang those Sunny ☀️ Tax 💰 Free 🏝 Beaches 👙 … no idea what these gazilionaire kids like about those places…
free palm trees?

And by the way, Spezza, Alfie, Chara, some kid named EK never cared much about what you're referring to.

There are some players that would play for free just because hockey is kid's game and they love it and they also want to win.

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Had a crazy dream last night that I got invited to participate in these skates the local pros are doing.

I was on a line with Debrincat and Pinto and we had some pretty good things happening.... pretty, pretty good.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It's funny, sometimes I will see speculation of a young forward being available, and I'll briefly think "the Sens should trade for him", before remembering "oh wait, we already got the best young forward available".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad