Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
I think both sides would want the season underway to see how things go before any negotiations begin.

Actually as an RFA next season are we able to begin negotiations this season?

AD actually says this at 28:40 in the "TW&MS" video.
(Just before that at 27:43 he talks about TS, and mentions having watched clips of TS and how TS xxx whenever he wants, really.)

Can't wait.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think that might be Jan 1 but I might be mistaken on that.

There's a lot riding here on in ADB's intentions. We've got him for a year. We've got a young competitive group with lots of Americans. If he likes the group, it doesn't take much to look around at the cap and salary structure and see where you fit in. If his pure intention is maximizing dollars, I'm happy to move on. But in reality, there isn't really much difference between a 65m contract and a 75m contract. Both are stupid amounts of money. I can't fathom how a 75m contract would afford him a lifestyle that a 65m contract would not. So, it comes down to the player and his personal motivations.

If after the year he's not interested in a long term deal at an affordable price within our cap structure, there will be lots of takers.

Don’t underestimate the opinion of his wife - she’s been living in Chicago and her entire family and social network is presumably between Michigan and Chicago.

She’s not far from home, but it’s also an easy decision for her to like her year in Ottawa but prefer to move closer to grandma and her girlfriends.

It’s hard for DBC to put his wife in a position where she will be unhappy for ten years (2+8).

Hopefully she buys into the idea of a house in Stittsville or Westboro and the kids like Kanata public school.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
(not an acromyn, but )
He always seems to be grinning, so ...
GrinCat.
Cheshire ?

1659729589087.png

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Senators forwards Josh Norris and Alex DeBrincat (Michigan Boys) will be rooming together this season, per the streets.
👬
🏠
That house is gonna combine for like 75 goals. Per Lalime Martian

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think both sides would want the season underway to see how things go before any negotiations begin.

Actually as an RFA next season are we able to begin negotiations this season?
Need to check, like you say it depends on Player and current contract , I think your right, January 1st at worst.

Goes by Brinksie or Cat. Wally and Meth called him Brinksie the whole show.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Senators forwards Josh Norris and Alex DeBrincat (Michigan Boys) will be rooming together this season, per the streets.
👬
🏠
That house is gonna combine for like 75 goals. Per Lalime Martian

On the road ? King Brady get his own room?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
On the road ? King Brady get his own room?
Yes, everyone not on ELC gets their own room.,as per CBA.
During Covid even ELC got their own room
Haven’t heard about the upcoming year.

I think your confusing hotel mates with house mates in this case, according to crosside

Reactions: Crosside

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

I think your confusing hotel mates with house mates in this case, according to crosside
So if this means, his wife and new born not coming with him

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Well… does that mean Mrs. DBC and the new baby aren’t even moving to Ottawa for the season and he’s “renting” a place this season?

I wonder if she’s staying in Chicago or Michigan?

The dream of DBC owning a crib in StittsVegas with little kidos lighting up KMHL just took a step back…

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Well… does that mean Mrs. DBC and the new baby aren’t even moving to Ottawa for the season and he’s “renting” a place this season?

The dream of DBC owning a crib in StittsVegas with little kidos lighting up KMHL just took a step back…

Give it a rest. Moving with a newborn to a city where you know nobody isn’t easy, her staying home with family isn’t an indictment on Ottawa, nor does it mean he’d never sign here.

Maybe it’s not a dramatic enough narrative, but he’s likely coming first to get settled in and figure out the city, get to know some people etc and she’ll join him later for an easier transition. It’s not that deep.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Give it a rest. Moving with a newborn to a city where you know nobody isn’t easy, her staying home with family isn’t an indictment on Ottawa, nor does it mean he’d never sign here.

Maybe it’s not a dramatic enough narrative, but he’s likely coming first to get settled in and figure out the city, get to know some people etc and she’ll join him later for an easier transition. It’s not that deep.

Chill out - it’s a valid question. Moving with a newborn is easy … moving away from family can be hard.

DBC will basically be committing to Ottawa by the trade deadline … so when do you think she’s going to decide if she wants to spend the next 9-10 years here?

November ? February?

Sounds like she’s already decided where she’s going to spend 2022-23. For what it’s worth … Murray’s wife and young child moved here.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I mean yeah I could have used mundane words like ‘reservations’ and ‘fears’, but that wasn’t what I was going for. I wanted to weave my writing so I could use the phrase “death rattle” in order to create an image of dying negativity. What’s the point of writing all these words if you can’t have fun with it.

‘Join the positive team’ was a loose association with joining the dark side, switch alliances, etc… tongue in cheek.

I never once mentioned good fans vs bad fans. That’s aaaaallll you and your strawman. Good fan vs bad fan isn’t the same as positive outlook vs negative outlook in my opinion, just so you know for next time :)

I disagree with several of the more negative minded fans in here, and have for years. I haven’t been referring to them as bad fans though, because that’s not really true now is it?
Sure. LOL.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

No idea. Ask Crosside

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Can you imagine being a Leafs or Habs fan living in Ottawa and hearing the constant spout of drivel attacking the city (not the team) while you have to stand back and take it? Ottawa is an amazing city and I have fond memories of the time I spent there growing up. In some ways I think it is far superior to either Toronto or Montreal, however I consider those also to be world-class cities. We are very fortunate to live in Canada (although I realize that there are some here who don't live in this country).
Yes, I can imagine people attacking the city (Ottawa in this case). I was born in raised in Ottawa, but haven't lived there for about half of my life (I've been living in the U.S.). So, I've been through that & had that experience. Lots of different perspectives that you gain by going through that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad