Player Discussion Alex DeBrincat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sorry to crash this party but Kevin Allen, if that is his real name is wrong. Yzerman and Larkin both agreed on 8-year deal, it was the AAV what they argued for months. Larkin camp wanted 9,5 and Yzerman offered 8,5

It seems that none of the "insiders" hasn't got anything real, carry on folks.
Some of these "insiders" are overpaid if they're collecting even $1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samboni

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Sorry to crash this party but Kevin Allen, if that is his real name is wrong. Yzerman and Larkin both agreed on 8-year deal, it was the AAV what they argued for months. Larkin camp wanted 9,5 and Yzerman offered 8,5

It seems that none of the "insiders" hasn't got anything real, carry on folks.
Well, one could believe HHOF Kevin Allen or Santa’s helper.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dorion tries. I can behind that.

I think its pretty reasonable to think that when you attract good players you can attract players who want to play with other good players. I don't think there was a master plan. I don't think projected ticket sales factored into the trade thought. There was a by product but it wasn't a projection pre trade.

I don't think it was a great move trading for Debrincat with the real prospect of what is actually happening now. And I think it left the roster top heavy (a 2 line team) with a less than ideal D corps and a very weak bottom 6. So the roster construction vision wasn't great and even with a reasonable extension say (8x8) it left little to spread elsewhere.
I thought we were reasonably deep if healthy but the moment we lost Norris, we were done. No viable long term alternative to Pinto at 3C. But isn't that the story of any rebuilding team? Not a lot of depth as you start to move out of bottom feeder status. No Norris injury last year, the bottom 6 looks a lot better imo

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Did anyone see the supposed Kevin Allen quote?
Ya was posted yesterday, don’t remember if mains or local.
I think the just of it was…..

Basis of a deal is done, negotiation on contract atm, ADC wants 8 years SY wanted 5.

I see post 4947 has a Keven A. Interview, I was looking for the tweet.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Bro come on he wasn't trolling he asked you a fair question.
To me he was baiting me for a response and potential opportunity to troll on our board. Again, the main board is where I have responded on trade topics with Wings fans. He can ask that question on the main board and i'm fine to respond.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am starting to doubt a trade even happens if the rumors are true that contract negotiations is what is holding up the trade.

I doubt Yzerman gives into Debrincats contract demands and i doubt Debrincat takes a lesser contract that he wants.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He was responding to something you wrote in this forum, about Detroit, of course he would quote and respond in this forum.
This is the Sens forum isn't it? You don't see Sens fans crashing into Wings forums to respond to everything that is said about the Sens.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Apparently yesterday Dylan Strome change his picture for him with DeBrincat. After people notice that, he return to the original. Maybe this is why we talk to Calgary. A 3 way trade that Calgary take Kuznetsov and Mantha

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I wonder how the Sens’ offer compares to what (supposedly) other teams have put forward.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I am starting to doubt a trade even happens if the rumors are true that contract negotiations is what is holding up the trade.

I doubt Yzerman gives into Debrincats contract demands and i doubt Debrincat takes a lesser contract that he wants.

Which means Detroit won't sign regardless. In which case he needs to reevaluate his worth or discuss contract offers with other teams; if those are even available. f*** Detroit.

I’m guessing more term, fewer $$$

Doubt it. I think they came at him at around 8x8 +/- a couple mils over the entire contract.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If the news from "sources" is to believed, I suppose the relevant question is whether Debrincat would sign an extension with the Isles? From the little we know based on what is being reported, it seems he will sign an extension if he's going to Detroit, and then it's just guessing and speculation regarding the other teams.
I think Debrincat wants a high salary and 8 years. I think he would also prefer Detroit. However, Detroit might want a lower salary and fewer years, and may prefer other players at the higher salary and longer term.

Debrincat will probably not get what he wants. Neither will we!

I bet the Isles and Ducks trade proposals are better but Dorion is stuck with Detroit as Cat won't sign elsewhere
Debrincat might sign elsewhere if the dollars and term are much better than that offered by Detroit.

Last edited:
Reactions: SensFactor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad