Alex Burmistrov (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
When I used growth curve, I got around 1.7.
When I used comparables at young performed at 23, I got around 1.77.
When I used NHLEs than reduced for middle six TOI, I got around 1.6.

They are all decent similar ballparks which gives me some confidence.

Fair enough, thanks the additional info. I won't complain if he posts in that range.as it will clearly help the team.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Hello everyone, former Atlanta fan here. Burmistrov was a player I really liked. How has he looked so far since coming back? What kind of role does he have? Living up to expectations?

Thanks!

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He looks better each week since he's been back. He's still just a skilled checker. Been good on the 3rd line.

Some of the moves he pulls off in puck battles are god damn poetic though lol

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
He looks better each week since he's been back. He's still just a skilled checker. Been good on the 3rd line.

Some of the moves he pulls off in puck battles are god damn poetic though lol

Actually he is just okay on the third line and he is probably playing up a line, really should be on the fourth line. With the ice time he gets a single goal (empty net) a complete lack of offensive prowess I can't see him being here long term, he just doesn't bring enough!

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
feel free to ignore sipowicz. he hates everyone.

his line with lowry and stafford have been improving. he does look like he's trying to play the 'right' way offensively and I think the numbers will get there (it'll never be more than 3rd line scoring #'s but that's ok). Defensively he's been solid I think - first few games looked like he was playing too defensively, like a C, but he's adapting.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
his line with lowry and stafford have been improving. he does look like he's trying to play the 'right' way offensively and I think the numbers will get there (it'll never be more than 3rd line scoring #'s but that's ok). Defensively he's been solid I think - first few games looked like he was playing too defensively, like a C, but he's adapting.

I agree with this assessment. It's probably reasonable to suggest the third line isn't quite performing to what anyone that's a Jet fan suggested but I think the line is requiring time to develop some chemistry. Also reasonable to suggest it's not looking like Burmi's career will merit where he was drafted but he should have a long, decent career in the NHL as a good 3rd line player with commensurate scoring for that level. I like him as a player and think he's a good addition to the Jets (again).

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Actually he is just okay on the third line and he is probably playing up a line, really should be on the fourth line. With the ice time he gets a single goal (empty net) a complete lack of offensive prowess I can't see him being here long term, he just doesn't bring enough!

Has he been notably worse offensively than Lowry? I haven't thought so.

I'm cool with Stafford providing the punch on that line.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Three game rolling Corsi differential for Burmi.
Untitled.png

It started to tank but it's getting better again. Let's hope it stays near the top for most of the year now.

Individual scoring chances each game.
Untitled.png

Looks like in terms of generating chances themselves, Lowry tends to produce the least.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Scoring isn't really a priority for that 3rd line. I mean, the idea isn't "don't you dare score", but Job 1 is clearly "shutdown" - take tough Dzone starts and limit opposition chances.

When that line does get into the offensive zone, they attempt to get a cycle going and grind the other team down. Someone noted a few games ago that they weren't getting the puck to the point much - but I think that's because they've been instructed to keep it deep and just take any opportunities they can down low.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Three game rolling Corsi differential for Burmi.

It started to tank but it's getting better again. Let's hope it stays near the top for most of the year now.

Individual scoring chances each game.

Looks like in terms of generating chances themselves, Lowry tends to produce the least.

By my eye, Burmi passes his linemates into scoring chances more often than Lowry too.

I haven't tracked that and it is early, but that is what I've seen.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
By my eye, Burmi passes his linemates into scoring chances more often than Lowry too.

I haven't tracked that and it is early, but that is what I've seen.

agree with that. A valid knock on him is that he should do it more often, sure, but it's still more than Lowry.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

This is an accurate description of Burmi so far this year.

I don't hate everyone so don't ignore me please.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006

Ridiculous.

If any of PSE get injured, I would hope they move Burmistrov UP to that line.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I just think it's weird, since Lowry is even less offensively gifted but isn't held to the same standard.

Are you forgetting that Lowry is BIG?

I guess Lowry provides more fan/entertainment value.

That's nice.

But I read here the other day ..."Burmistrov is proving a black hole on the offensive side of the game - a reincarnated James Wright."

So, one of these things (Burmistrov) is a lot like the other thing (Lowry) even though the other thing (Lowry) is pretty highly touted.

Silly bias, I guess. :laugh: :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad