Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
so...
you are saying.

that you'd rather have AA's luck - who mind you had disasters of his own (dare I mention Dickey and his personal catcher?) - over Atkins and Shaprio whose disasters are who? Storen - who they made go away, the other person you mentioned - so we're not even going to mention Lirano? Biagini? (maybe that's not them, i don't know). Upton brings speed to the bases which we don't have an abundance of?

you also weren't saying that when this team freshly swept Texas and thought we'd skip through the daises through Cleveland.

from what i've seen, and I know that i'm not baseball maven here - it's not like they are hitting lots either. most of the runs scored in this entire series have come off a home run. we're not clearing yard, and they are, so how exactly is that Atkins and Shaprio's fault?

And again. AA chose to leave. he picked up his ball and decided to go because he couldn't do specifically what he wanted anymore without answering to people. I don't know why you'd lament over someone who didn't even want to at least try and see if it could work out but to each their own.

Let's be honest. AA didn't choose to leave. He didn't want to. Rogers management pushed him out and him being an actual decent human being took the high road.

AA wasn't perfect clearly. But he built a winner. Rogers imploded it by getting those two. From moment 1 their moves have been "suspect" to say the least. It's not every day that you have a near mutiny from your team when you try to "help" your best pitcher in Sanchez. Russ Martin had to use the Tim&Sid show to get the point across that they didn't need to baby the kid. Finally, they listened after everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE -- was telling them not to. Then they went and made that wacky move down with him and lo-and-behold that's when our problems in Sept started afterwards.

This is one example. Basically, I would still choose AA over these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad