Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 3* vs CLE | Mon, Oct 17 | 8pm ET/5pm PT | Bauer vs Stroman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
It's not every day that you have a near mutiny from your team when you try to "help" your best pitcher in Sanchez. Russ Martin had to use the Tim&Sid show to get the point across that they didn't need to baby the kid. Finally, they listened after everyone -- and I mean EVERYONE -- was telling them not too. Then they went and made that wacky move down with him and lo-and-behold that's when our problems in Sept started afterwards.

I agree, I'm pretty irritated that they derailed their game plan re: young pitcher because they got sick of all the incessant baaahhhh'ing.

And look! Sanchez was hideously overworked. Lol.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I too live in Halifax. I find that there are the hardcore Blue Jays fans and then unbearable bandwagoners. I haven't experienced much of a "middle ground"

Ya but there is bandwagonners everywhere now. It's unbearable talking to some people. Had a convo recently:

"Donaldson is doing nothing in the postseason"

"Haha what? he's hitting close to 500 with 6 doubles"

"Ya but how many homeruns? RBIs? He's doing nothing. Getting on base is cool but he's not helping us get runs"

":facepalm:"

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Shapiro and Atkins have made our starting pitching and bullpen a serious strength. That this supposed potent offense is going cold in the ALCS for the second year in a row is not really their fault, Gibbons too. They can't bat for the guys.

The Jays are close, win or lose this series (I know it's way more likely we'all lose at this point but it ain't over yet). Offense needs to be re-worked for sure, this home run reliance ain't getting it done deep in the postseason.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Miller threw the same 3rd pitch strike against every jay last game down and in and again martin went for it.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ya but there is bandwagonners everywhere now. It's unbearable talking to some people. Had a convo recently:

"Donaldson is doing nothing in the postseason"

"Haha what? he's hitting close to 500 with 6 doubles"

"Ya but how many homeruns? RBIs? He's doing nothing. Getting on base is cool but he's not helping us get runs"

":facepalm"

For a team that relies on the longball (and goes cold), what good is a double? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad